HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2012, 11:36 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
So I want to get a jersey, but I loathe the new design and can't justify spending money on them when the old ones looked 1000x times better. Would it be considered a jersey foul if I bought an older Avs jersey and then threw Radars number and name on the back?
Purists will call it a foul, but I am in the exact same camp as you are (see my post a few above). I HATE the new bib jerseys and already have a couple of old style blanks I plan to have made into an O'Reilly and a Landeskog. I think of it as my own personal protest and boycott against the terrible Edge jerseys. I hate the design with the piping and lack of artistry...I even hate the material they use for the jerseys. I don't care if it's a foul or not, I'm doin' it, and I invite you and anyone else who hates the new jerseys to join me in my protest. Rise up against the aprons!!!!

My plan is to get high quality replicas rather than authentics to put current players on, because sooner or later the team will re-design the jerseys and I may like the new design (can't really go anywhere but up, right?). Old Pro-Player replicas are easily the best quality and closest to authentic. They have embroidered shoulder patches that are silver like the old Starter mesh authentics and a very nice crest with a little higher quality embroidery than old starter replicas. But...they are pretty rare, and don't come around often. (However, there is a burgundy on ebay currently for a very reasonable price). My large white ProPlayer replica measures 26 inches from pit to pit and has pretty baggy arms, but still looks good on (pic in my previous post). Old Starter replicas are nice, too. I don't like old CCM and Koho replicas because they have very low quality shoulder patches, but that's a personal issue I have and may not bother others as much as it bothers me.

I'd love to see your old-style O'Reilly jersey. Post pics if you get it done, and I'll do the same with mine when they are done. Stay strong...don't change your mind because someone calls it a foul. Bottom line is we love the Avs, love Ryan O'Reilly, and love the old style avs jerseys. Nothin' wrong with that. Maybe we'll run into each other at Pepsi Center and can compare!

Old
06-08-2012, 01:39 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Purists will call it a foul, but I am in the exact same camp as you are (see my post a few above). I HATE the new bib jerseys and already have a couple of old style blanks I plan to have made into an O'Reilly and a Landeskog. I think of it as my own personal protest and boycott against the terrible Edge jerseys. I hate the design with the piping and lack of artistry...I even hate the material they use for the jerseys. I don't care if it's a foul or not, I'm doin' it, and I invite you and anyone else who hates the new jerseys to join me in my protest. Rise up against the aprons!!!!

My plan is to get high quality replicas rather than authentics to put current players on, because sooner or later the team will re-design the jerseys and I may like the new design (can't really go anywhere but up, right?). Old Pro-Player replicas are easily the best quality and closest to authentic. They have embroidered shoulder patches that are silver like the old Starter mesh authentics and a very nice crest with a little higher quality embroidery than old starter replicas. But...they are pretty rare, and don't come around often. (However, there is a burgundy on ebay currently for a very reasonable price). My large white ProPlayer replica measures 26 inches from pit to pit and has pretty baggy arms, but still looks good on (pic in my previous post). Old Starter replicas are nice, too. I don't like old CCM and Koho replicas because they have very low quality shoulder patches, but that's a personal issue I have and may not bother others as much as it bothers me.

I'd love to see your old-style O'Reilly jersey. Post pics if you get it done, and I'll do the same with mine when they are done. Stay strong...don't change your mind because someone calls it a foul. Bottom line is we love the Avs, love Ryan O'Reilly, and love the old style avs jerseys. Nothin' wrong with that. Maybe we'll run into each other at Pepsi Center and can compare!
I think I will, I just have to find one. I was actually going to buy that one on ebay, but it sold for $80 (that guy got a steal).

Anyone know a website to buy an authentic starter jersey?

Old
06-08-2012, 10:23 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
I think I will, I just have to find one. I was actually going to buy that one on ebay, but it sold for $80 (that guy got a steal).

I didn't see the one for $80, here's the pro player replica blank I saw, and it's still up as of 9am Mountain time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...1#ht_1217wt_96

As for Starter authentics Ebay is about all I'm aware of. I'd be interested in information on other options as well. But...I have been able to score 3 Starter authentics on Ebay in the last 3 months, so they do come up pretty regularly. Another 52-R just sold that I let go, pretty much because I'm done for a while (it gets expensive). Gretzkytablehockey is a merchant on Ebay who only deals in authentic jerseys and is very reputable. I got my first Starter authentic from him. He's very honest with his descriptions, fair on his pricing (don't be afraid to offer lower than his list price on his "or make offer" listings), and ships SUPER fast. Others will pop up...just be patient and watch like a hawk. I set the ebay drop box to "newly listed" so I don't miss anything. Good luck.

Old
06-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Rockie Hockey or Rockie Baseball?
Rockies baseball...I got it from china but the "Colorado" across the front is almost impossible to stitch.

Old
06-08-2012, 12:10 PM
PAZ

Quote:
I didn't see the one for $80, here's the pro player replica blank I saw, and it's still up as of 9am Mountain time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Colorado-Ava...1#ht_1217wt_96

As for Starter authentics Ebay is about all I'm aware of. I'd be interested in information on other options as well. But...I have been able to score 3 Starter authentics on Ebay in the last 3 months, so they do come up pretty regularly. Another 52-R just sold that I let go, pretty much because I'm done for a while (it gets expensive). Gretzkytablehockey is a merchant on Ebay who only deals in authentic jerseys and is very reputable. I got my first Starter authentic from him. He's very honest with his descriptions, fair on his pricing (don't be afraid to offer lower than his list price on his "or make offer" listings), and ships SUPER fast. Others will pop up...just be patient and watch like a hawk. I set the ebay drop box to "newly listed" so I don't miss anything. Good luck.
haha ya he's the one that sold the starter authentic for $80. problem is i'm a 48-50 (I think), so I might be looking for awhile.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Colorado-Aval...#ht_500wt_1054

Old
06-08-2012, 12:29 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
haha ya he's the one that sold the starter authentic for $80. problem is i'm a 48-50 (I think), so I might be looking for awhile.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Colorado-Aval...#ht_500wt_1054
Ah. Didn't see that it sold. Wouldn't have wanted it anyway, it had a small hole he thought would be covered by a nameplate, which it wouldn't have. The hole was too high, plus, you'd have waited an eternity to get nameplate material for a burgundy mesh...or you'd have had to buy an entirely different burgundy mesh and cut it up...moot either way. For size discussion, I'm about 5'10" and 165 lbs. I love my two white Starter 48-Rs and my burgundy Starter mesh is a 52-R. It measures exactly to 26 inches seam to seam (armpits), and the 48-Rs measure correctly as well - 24 seam to seam. The 52 is just a bit baggier, but I'm not swimming in it - it still looks good. My white ProPlayer replica measures to 26 from seam to seam, which conflicts with this guy's info in his post. I'm guessing he's measuring the armpit gussets, which are bulky in the Pro players. TBH I'm planning to sew up the gussets in mine (have my wife sew) from the inside to eliminate some of the bagginess. The large is pretty baggy, but...more experience with Pro Players...I picked up a medium a while back and it's way too small for me (sleeves end 3 or 4 inches above my wrists) so I tied it to my chair at work.

PP replicas are cheap and they look close to authentic...But ---- nothin' beats Starter mesh. They're so shiny, they measure accurately for size, they even smell good! Happy hunting.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:30 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Ah. Didn't see that it sold. Wouldn't have wanted it anyway, it had a small hole he thought would be covered by a nameplate, which it wouldn't have. The hole was too high, plus, you'd have waited an eternity to get nameplate material for a burgundy mesh...or you'd have had to buy an entirely different burgundy mesh and cut it up...moot either way. For size discussion, I'm about 5'10" and 165 lbs. I love my two white Starter 48-Rs and my burgundy Starter mesh is a 52-R. It measures exactly to 26 inches seam to seam (armpits), and the 48-Rs measure correctly as well - 24 seam to seam. The 52 is just a bit baggier, but I'm not swimming in it - it still looks good. My white ProPlayer replica measures to 26 from seam to seam, which conflicts with this guy's info in his post. I'm guessing he's measuring the armpit gussets, which are bulky in the Pro players. TBH I'm planning to sew up the gussets in mine (have my wife sew) from the inside to eliminate some of the bagginess. The large is pretty baggy, but...more experience with Pro Players...I picked up a medium a while back and it's way too small for me (sleeves end 3 or 4 inches above my wrists) so I tied it to my chair at work.

PP replicas are cheap and they look close to authentic...But ---- nothin' beats Starter mesh. They're so shiny, they measure accurately for size, they even smell good! Happy hunting.
Ah, that's actually quite a bit of quality info right there, I live in a rural town atm, so trying on jersey sizes is non-existant. But i'm basically the same size of you (5'11, 155) so anywhere from 48-52 should work. Ya I agree, the starter mesh is just so amazing I need to get my hands on one of em.

Edit: I also see a 46 R on ebay, think that would be too small?

Old
06-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Rockies baseball...I got it from china but the "Colorado" across the front is almost impossible to stitch.
Oh, it's across the front. Yeah I don't think you'll be able to find anyone to fix that.

On a similar note, for you Denver Athletic guys. Do they do repairs? The letters that spell Colorado on the front of my old style replica Avs 3rd jersey are starting to peel on some of the corners. They are just heat pressed on, will they re-sew them on so they stop peeling? Or would it just be cheaper to buy a new one? It's un-customized.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Ah, that's actually quite a bit of quality info right there, I live in a rural town atm, so trying on jersey sizes is non-existant. But i'm basically the same size of you (5'11, 155) so anywhere from 48-52 should work. Ya I agree, the starter mesh is just so amazing I need to get my hands on one of em.

Edit: I also see a 46 R on ebay, think that would be too small?
For me...I wouldn't risk a 46 in Starter mesh. My 48s fit exactly like I think a hockey jersey should fit...As baggy, or a little baggier than a comfy sweatshirt. My armspan is a little longer than my height, so my arms are a little long and I often judge fit by where the sleeves hit. Both 48 and 52 Starter mesh hit right at my wrists, the 52 just being a little roomier on the body. The 52 came with nameplate material, otherwise I'd have waited for a 48... Still, I'm pretty happy with it. I suppose its up to how you think a hockey jersey should fit. A 46 would probably be a little snug, and the sleeves at 5'11" may be too short. (Beware of some Starters - I believe it's the '99s that the burgundys have the word "Starter" embroidered on the bottom right back and the whites have the "S" logo without the small print "Starter" below the logo. The sleeves are a good inch or better shorter than from other years. My 48-R with "Starter" on the lower back right measures 62 inches wrist to wrist and my 48-Rs with the Starter "S" logo and small "Starter" below the logo measure 65 inches)

Maybe get to a sporting goods store or a hockey equipment store with a tape measure and try on practice hockey jerseys or football jerseys that measure 23, 24, and 26 inches from pit to pit just to judge roominess...or even long sleeved t-shirts that measure out to those widths. You may look a little weird, but $100 plus is a big investment for something that shows up and doesn't fit the way you expected. I recently won an '01 all star CCM 52 jersey on Ebay, thinking it would measure the same as my Starter mesh. It came in and when I put it on it looked like I was wearing a freakin' Snuggie. It measured 28" pit to pit, making their tagged "52" measure to a "56". Sleeves came to mid hand. Luckily, the guy accepted returns. $16 in shipping both ways to find out something didn't fit sucks, but $116 would have been worse. Best news here is Starter authentics measure pit to pit accurately for their tagged size.

Old
06-09-2012, 01:46 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Paz, here's something that may help with the Starter lineage and tail tag differences. It's the 97-98s and 98-99s that seem to have the shorter sleeves.
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2610

Old
06-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

vCash: 50
Sorry but I could never wear any of these hockey foul jerseys. I scored several ccm and koho authetics in size 48 a few months ago and will be sending them off to DA next week. I'm done with the old jerseys. I have all the old jerseys in all the players that I wanted and will now be buying only new stuff and gamers.

Old
06-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
For me...I wouldn't risk a 46 in Starter mesh. My 48s fit exactly like I think a hockey jersey should fit...As baggy, or a little baggier than a comfy sweatshirt. My armspan is a little longer than my height, so my arms are a little long and I often judge fit by where the sleeves hit. Both 48 and 52 Starter mesh hit right at my wrists, the 52 just being a little roomier on the body. The 52 came with nameplate material, otherwise I'd have waited for a 48... Still, I'm pretty happy with it. I suppose its up to how you think a hockey jersey should fit. A 46 would probably be a little snug, and the sleeves at 5'11" may be too short. (Beware of some Starters - I believe it's the '99s that the burgundys have the word "Starter" embroidered on the bottom right back and the whites have the "S" logo without the small print "Starter" below the logo. The sleeves are a good inch or better shorter than from other years. My 48-R with "Starter" on the lower back right measures 62 inches wrist to wrist and my 48-Rs with the Starter "S" logo and small "Starter" below the logo measure 65 inches)

Maybe get to a sporting goods store or a hockey equipment store with a tape measure and try on practice hockey jerseys or football jerseys that measure 23, 24, and 26 inches from pit to pit just to judge roominess...or even long sleeved t-shirts that measure out to those widths. You may look a little weird, but $100 plus is a big investment for something that shows up and doesn't fit the way you expected. I recently won an '01 all star CCM 52 jersey on Ebay, thinking it would measure the same as my Starter mesh. It came in and when I put it on it looked like I was wearing a freakin' Snuggie. It measured 28" pit to pit, making their tagged "52" measure to a "56". Sleeves came to mid hand. Luckily, the guy accepted returns. $16 in shipping both ways to find out something didn't fit sucks, but $116 would have been worse. Best news here is Starter authentics measure pit to pit accurately for their tagged size.
Starters are highly inconsistent in sizes. I believe that they were made in at least 3 different factories and all are different. If you're buying one you have to have the seller measure them for you.

Old
06-10-2012, 10:59 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
Starters are highly inconsistent in sizes. I believe that they were made in at least 3 different factories and all are different. If you're buying one you have to have the seller measure them for you.
Thanks U, I hadn't considered different origins/factories playing a part in size variations. I believe my whites are both El Salvador. I agree, best to have seller measure. Good info is always appreciated, thanks again, U.

I do always wonder if sellers are measuring the armpit gussets, though. Some sellers don't really know what they have, or how big a deal their jersey is to a buyer, or how important accuracy is. Do you just ask to measure "seam to seam" and hope they do it right, or try and explain what gussets are?

I believe it's been tried before, but wouldn't it be nice if we could all pool our resources into one thread and put together a list or chart of attributes and measurements specific to avs mesh and all the variants?

Old
06-10-2012, 05:31 PM
Hank4Hart

picked this forsberg jersey up today....

just curious... did foppa ever not have an A on his jersey in his time in colorado?

Old
06-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Ceremony
Party like it's 1959

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank4Hart View Post
just curious... did foppa ever not have an A on his jersey in his time in colorado?
He never had one in 2008 or 2011

Although avalanchedb.com says he never had one during 1995-97.

Old
06-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
He never had one in 2008 or 2011

Although avalanchedb.com says he never had one during 1995-97.
thanks..

i am pretty sure they didnt wear ccm jerseys back then correct?
i suppose i will have to go find an A to put on.

Old
06-10-2012, 06:50 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
thanks..

i am pretty sure they didnt wear ccm jerseys back then correct?
i suppose i will have to go find an A to put on.
CCMs & Kohos were from 2001 until the Reebok Edge, so Forsberg did wear an "A" on a CCM jersey. There were times the Avs rotated home and away "A"s, but a quick image search just turned this up.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Defau...d=61&lotid=649

Great pickup btw. Can't go wrong with 21!

Old
06-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
CCMs & Kohos were from 2001 until the Reebok Edge, so Forsberg did wear an "A" on a CCM jersey. There were times the Avs rotated home and away "A"s, but a quick image search just turned this up.

http://www.classicauctions.net/Defau...d=61&lotid=649

Great pickup btw. Can't go wrong with 21!
haha thanks, i live in vancouver but forsberg has always been my favorite player, so when this popped up for 20 bucks i knew i had to take it

Old
06-10-2012, 11:35 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:

Check here. It's an old post on his thread, but there's nothing that says it's sold. If it's still available, ask him to measure the sleeves for you, too. They may be a little short like mine.

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4439

Old
06-11-2012, 03:25 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Just wanted to dump my hockey jerseys here. Left out about 15 because they were teams I played for and didn't want to give away too much info (although the Team Illinois Jersey is sexy... I'll post a picture of one below).

(not me)

And the Album is here : http://imgur.com/vNBB8,3ye1s,0INKg,h...7v,phGzf,8Qu3N

There's 16 pictures in total.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Just wanted to dump my hockey jerseys here. Left out about 15 because they were teams I played for and didn't want to give away too much info (although the Team Illinois Jersey is sexy... I'll post a picture of one below).

(not me)

And the Album is here : http://imgur.com/vNBB8,3ye1s,0INKg,h...7v,phGzf,8Qu3N

There's 16 pictures in total.
Theres a bunch of clothing blocking the bedsheets.

Old
06-11-2012, 03:36 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

Quote:
Theres a bunch of clothing blocking the bedsheets.
tis a quilt yo.

Old
06-11-2012, 04:26 PM
PAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
tis a quilt yo.
I apologize my good sir. Tis very decieving.

Old
06-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Pirate Deadpool
I hate Minnesota!

Quote:
picked this forsberg jersey up today....

That nameplate is brutal. There's virtually no curve to it at all. I would get it fixed.

Old
06-16-2012, 01:16 AM
Hank4Hart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The U View Post
That nameplate is brutal. There's virtually no curve to it at all. I would get it fixed.
ha, i was just thinking that today. but i figured it will probably be 50 dollars or so to fix it, which is more than double what i paid for for the jersey to begin with. so i am a bit reluctant to do it.

Closed Thread