HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Avalanche Jersey Pickups

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2012, 01:38 AM
PAZ

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Funny. I saw it and had the same thought process. Posted it on IceJerseys "Is it good or not" thread. Here are a couple of the responses:

"Definite fake, I can tell straight off by how bad it's made. It claims to be an authentic but there's no NHL crest/shield by the CCM on the hem and on the neck label it is usually blue above and below where it says official licensed jersey in English and in French when it's an authentic but it's grey on that one (also, on an authentics it says: Authentic On-Ice Game Jersey). "

I responded and asked if it is a replica that someone had customized and threw a fight strap in to pass off as an authentic...

"It wasn't even a legit replica to begin with, it's an out-and-out fake. A real replica might have a neck tag like that, but it won't have a numeric size tag. The blue color of the jersey is wrong, and if you look at the fleurs-de-lis the shape is all wrong. I'm sure the whole thing was made in China, including the crappy customization."

Here's a link to the thread if you want to read the whole thing:
http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.p...c=2060&st=5560

BTW Paz, did you get that Sakic Starter Mesh last week?
Well I won it, paid for it. But so far haven't got any replies from the seller, tracking number, or anything. So hoping he's just busy and i'll get some info on it soon.

Old
08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAZ View Post
Well I won it, paid for it. But so far haven't got any replies from the seller, tracking number, or anything. So hoping he's just busy and i'll get some info on it soon.
NICE! So you weren't "thinking about bidding", you had already bid I did post pics of it on Ice Jerseys "is it good or not" thread to try and get responses to post here for you, but their Bulletin Board went down for over 24 hours and the auction ended before they were back up. I checked, and no one has responded to the post, so I'm taking that as good news, as those guys are usually very fast to respond when something looks off. I'm sure you'll get info soon. Take good pics and post when you get it. Well done.

Old
08-05-2012, 03:32 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF007 View Post
Thanks guys for the responses, I was just looking for a yes/no type of deal to my question at first but after reading through I'm really considering a mesh jersey. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more (170-180) as long as i can get it before school starts. What do you think would be my best option?
Well, just to get this out of the way, I found this and thought if you aren't focused on Sakic singularly, it is a very inexpensive option, and the customization is perfect, but it is a (legit) replica: http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLORADO-AVA...#ht_500wt_1204

Otherwise, if you're ok spending the $$ for a Starter authentic mesh (which I totally think is the right way to go and KNOW you'll be happy you did). You kind of have to play the waiting game on Ebay, so if time is an issue, it may not happen within your desired time frame. You'll need a little patience and diligence to find the jersey, then if you're going to send it off to Denver Athletic, you'll have to wait another 4 weeks or so to have the job done and get it back. I have bought 3 Starter authentics in the last few months on Ebay and they've all been about $100 each. However, I did see a burgundy get listed twice in July and the reserve wasn't met (I won with a $46 bid, but wasn't high enough to reach the reserve, then he re-listed but had the auction end at like 6am local and I got up too late to bid. I think he had a buy it now for $75 and it didn't sell). So, this means they do come up pretty often, but you have to be sharp and expect bidders to swoop in with 3 seconds left, or just suck it up and take the buy it now price if they offer one. It also means that with shipping and customization you'll probably be somewhere close to your price range, maybe a little more, but it will be worth it. Expect to pay around that $100 mark for the blank, but don't pay that for anything less than a mint condition jersey, and I wouldn't pay much more than that for any blank jersey (there are quite a few listed for much more).

Another note on Starter Mesh jerseys: as TheU has pointed out in this thread the sizing is inconsistent depending on where the jersey was made and what year it was made in, so when one is listed, send the seller a request to measure the jersey armpit seam to armpit seam as well as wingspan so you'll know exactly how big it will be.

It's hard to be patient, but with that kind of investment, you'll be happy you waited. Impatience may lead to a quick purchase just because it's available, then a Mesh comes up and you buy it anyway because you know you'll love it. Now you've got one jersey you don't like as well, won't wear because it isn't as nice as your Mesh, and wish you'd never bought. It happens, just ask the 4 starter replicas I bought before I started buying authentics that are now folded up and jammed in the bottom drawer of my dresser, never to be worn or customized

Old
08-15-2012, 01:54 AM
PAZ

Quote:
NICE! So you weren't "thinking about bidding", you had already bid I did post pics of it on Ice Jerseys "is it good or not" thread to try and get responses to post here for you, but their Bulletin Board went down for over 24 hours and the auction ended before they were back up. I checked, and no one has responded to the post, so I'm taking that as good news, as those guys are usually very fast to respond when something looks off. I'm sure you'll get info soon. Take good pics and post when you get it. Well done.
Finally got a hold of him, he was on vacation. Should get it this week!

Old
08-16-2012, 11:56 PM
PAZ

So I got it, the jersey is amazing. Unfortunately, definitely too big for me so i'll probably throw it back on eBay. If anyone wants it for the price I paid, i'd be happy to as well. Exact same jersey I bought, I can post pics if needed as well, just the quality is better by the guy I just bought it from.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180935923023?...#ht_500wt_1156

On a sidenote, how low do the starter jerseys go in terms of size? 46?

Last edited by PAZ: 08-17-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Old
08-17-2012, 08:26 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
So I got it, the jersey is amazing. Unfortunately, definitely too big for me so i'll probably throw it back on eBay. If anyone wants it for the price I paid, i'd be happy to as well. Exact same jersey I bought, I can post pics if needed as well, just the quality is better by the guy I just bought it from.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/180935923023?...#ht_500wt_1156

On a sidenote, how low do the starter jerseys go in terms of size? 46?
Man, that sucks!!! They do go to 46, but I'm sure that size is rare. I know a guy who has at least one:
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/248...05244266SAhJxl

That really sucks. I'm usually looking, so I'll keep my eyes open for you, too. Another idea may be to look on IceJerseys message board. They have a "trading post" thread where jersey freaks sell stuff. It may take a while to search through everyone's personal thread, but you may get lucky.

Old
08-17-2012, 11:53 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Man, that sucks!!! They do go to 46, but I'm sure that size is rare. I know a guy who has at least one:
http://sports.webshots.com/photo/248...05244266SAhJxl

That really sucks. I'm usually looking, so I'll keep my eyes open for you, too. Another idea may be to look on IceJerseys message board. They have a "trading post" thread where jersey freaks sell stuff. It may take a while to search through everyone's personal thread, but you may get lucky.
I saw 2 on ebay a few months ago, both of them starter and sold for ~$70 + shipping. I thought it was going to be too small, could've easily won one.

Old
08-18-2012, 08:11 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
I saw 2 on ebay a few months ago, both of them starter and sold for ~$70 + shipping. I thought it was going to be too small, could've easily won one.
One will come up. Patience is the hardest part of this game. With inaccurate/inconsistent sizing a close 2nd.

Saw something on Ebay you may like. Sent you a PM.

Old
08-30-2012, 01:48 AM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

Quote:
guys do you think this is legit or a knockoff? I'm thinking about getting it.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/JOE-SAKIC-siz...item53ebc919e3
and also does anyone know about the site icejerseys and the type of jerseys they sell? (RBK ones)
So i was too lazy to wait and what not and ordered this jersey and got it yesterday! I love it, everything is alligned and stiched solid i'll post pics soon.

Old
08-31-2012, 10:07 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Finally! After many long weeks at Denver Athletic, a ruined then re-ordered Avs patch, a missing then added captain's "C", and before all that the search for nameplate material thankfully answered by a member on IceJerseys forum, I now proudly own my favorite jersey of all time.

Its fraternal twin Sakic, in North America blue should be here by Christmas, I think.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 08-18-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old
09-03-2012, 11:35 PM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

Guys where do you think I can find a Forsberg 3rd Jersey for around 150-200?

Old
09-04-2012, 12:49 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Definitely, just have to have patience.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:24 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
I just bought a burgundy 3rd blank for $75, & customization at DA is about $75 with tax, so there's your $150. Shipping both ways will put you probably at $175. That leaves a little wiggle room for your top $$ in case you can't find one as cheap as I did. There was a brand new reebok 3rd size 48 on ebay a few weeks ago starting bid $100 that never sold. Search completed listings to find it, send him a message and offer him a few bucks less and see if he bites. (If you do...just be aware that Forsberg never wore a reebok burgundy 3rd. He only wore Koho, if that matters to you. If not, it may be an option). If you can't find it, I can help.

If you're looking for a blueberry, I can't help there. I hate the new jerseys and don't really look for them.

Good luck!

Edit: quick search on Ebay showed no listing for his 3rd, but seller name is wingdynasty19 if you wanted to message him and ask if he still has the jersey. If so, make him an offer. It didn't sell at $100, maybe he'll take a little less.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 09-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old
09-05-2012, 10:41 PM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

I can't find a blank one either! Let alone a forsberg one guys help me out

Old
09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
I can't find a blank one either! Let alone a forsberg one guys help me out
No luck from Wingdynasty19 on ebay? Patience is easily the hardest part of collecting/getting a vintage jersey. It sounds dumb, but I look on Ebay 3 or 4 times a day. I search "Colorado Avalanche Jersey" and set the search window to "Newly Listed". That way I only have to scroll through about a page or so each time I look. You just have to wait for one to pop up. The one Wingdynasty had was about 3 weeks ago, and he listed it twice. Right after that a size 46 popped up and sold for (painfully) like $48! (I'm hoping PAZ got it). It may be weeks, it may be months, or it may be tomorrow that one shows up. Just gotta be patient & enjoy your new Sakic (which we all need to see pics of, still) while you wait it out. I've been waiting for a 48 team Canada from the 2002 olympics to get listed for months now---just gotta stick it out, be diligent & not let impatience force you into a bad decision. You'll get one. BTW-what size are you looking for? & does it matter, replica vs. authentic?

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 09-07-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
Landeslog

Could anyone direct me on how to get a C sewn on to be landeskog jersey?

Old
09-07-2012, 12:33 AM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

Quote:
No luck from Wingdynasty19 on ebay? Patience is easily the hardest part of collecting/getting a vintage jersey. It sounds dumb, but I look on Ebay 3 or 4 times a day. I search "Colorado Avalanche Jersey" and set the search window to "Newly Listed". That way I only have to scroll through about a page or so each time I look. You just have to wait for one to pop up. The one Wingdynasty had was about 3 weeks ago, and he listed it twice. Right after that a size 46 popped up and sold for (painfully) like $46! (I'm hoping PAZ got it). It may be weeks, it may be months, or it may be tomorrow that one shows up. Just gotta be patient & enjoy your new Sakic (which we all need to see pics of, still) while you wait it out. I've been waiting for a 48 team Canada from the 2002 olympics to get listed for months now---just gotta stick it out, be diligent & not let impatience force you into a bad decision. You'll get one. BTW-what size are you looking for? & does it matter, replica vs. authentic?
yeah looks like that's what I'm gonna have to do. I'm a Medium and for replica/authentic doesn't matter too much as long as it's stiched and alligned perfectly.

Old
09-07-2012, 08:29 AM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Could anyone direct me on how to get a C sewn on to be landeskog jersey?
Denver Athletic is the place that letters/numbers the jerseys for the team. They're able to do customer jerseys as well. It will be a couple of weeks but if you have them do it, you can be sure it's exact to the team specs. There are lots of kits out there on the web & ebay that are sort of close, but not the same as the team wears, so beware. When you get the C, post pics!

Old
09-07-2012, 02:46 PM
Landeslog

Quote:
Denver Athletic is the place that letters/numbers the jerseys for the team. They're able to do customer jerseys as well. It will be a couple of weeks but if you have them do it, you can be sure it's exact to the team specs. There are lots of kits out there on the web & ebay that are sort of close, but not the same as the team wears, so beware. When you get the C, post pics!
Sweet thanks! I don't mind letting them take it for several weeks. My Duchene jerseys have been neglected so I'll give them a wear

Also gives me an excuse to buy a new jersey to take its place in the closet

Old
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Sweet thanks! I don't mind letting them take it for several weeks. My Duchene jerseys have been neglected so I'll give them a wear

Also gives me an excuse to buy a new jersey to take its place in the closet
It's always a good idea to buy a new jersey! And it helps when the team gives you the excuse. Post pics when you get the "C", love to see it.

Old
09-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

Where can I get an authentic Landeskog jersey for a moderate price?

Old
09-07-2012, 07:30 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BON IVER View Post
Where can I get an authentic Landeskog jersey for a moderate price?
First question is, how crazy of a jersey freak are you?

Unless you are a jersey superfreak, your best move is to get a blank authentic Edge jersey and send/take it to Denver Athletic for customization. Ebay has authentics, but watch for chinese knockoffs. HockeyMonkey.com has got some for decent prices, but their sizes are limited, NHL.com has some too, but looks like no road white. Sports Authority & others have them, too, but make sure you buy from a reputable retailer and keep in mind that authentic jerseys are expensive. If the price seems too good to be true, IT IS, and you're looking at a chinese fake (believe it or not, there's a huge market for fake authentic jerseys). If you find something on Ebay and want to be sure it's legit, post a link into IceJerseys' "Is it good or not" thread. The experts on those boards will respond quickly and their expertise can be trusted 100%.

I'd advise against getting the numbers and lettering done by the company you buy the jersey from. Especially if you get the jersey from NHL.com. I've read nightmare stories about their customization.

An authentic jersey is a big investment and it would suck to get one and have the numbering be off or not done right. You know for sure that if you have DA do it, it's exactly like the players wear on the ice. It's worth the search, the time, and the money to get your jersey done right. After all, we hope you'll be wearing it in support of the new captain for the next 20 or so years, right?

Old
09-07-2012, 09:55 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

All right guys & gals, seems like lots of interest in getting Landeskog jerseys since the kid made captain. Thought I'd get some solid info together on where you can buy blank authentic Edge jerseys to get customized, either on Ebay or from retailers. Here are some Ebay sellers who are confirmed to sell legitimate authentic jerseys:
Jerseybaron, Jerseypros, Gretskytablehockey, Hockeyjerseyoutlet
If you are searching for a jersey and one comes up from any of these guys, you can be confident it's legit.
Some retailers known to sell legit authentic jerseys are:
www.HockeyMonkey.com (this site is clearance pricing old canadian made 1.0 Edge jerseys), www.NHL.com, www.SprotsAuthority.com, www.RiverCitySports.com, www.Sportsk.com (the last two have only replica jerseys at last check)
Other suggestions: Altitude Authentics has customized player authentic jerseys behind the counter as well as on their website. Although the numbers on the jersey are not Denver Athletic on-ice numbers, they are still professionally customized authentic jerseys and very nice. Meigray.com is the company that sells game worn and game issued jerseys after the team is done with them. Some jersey collectors will buy a game issued jersey (made for a player, but never worn in a game) and strip it, wash it, then get it customized with the player of their choice. An endeavor & process for sure, but there is a difference between a retail authentic jersey and an authentic jersey worn/issued for a team.

Once you have your blank jersey, there are some options. Exclusive Pro Sports and Triple Threat Sports are companies that specialize in hockey jersey customization. You can send your jersey to them and have name/number sewn on for about $75 or so with shipping. The best option though, is Denver Athletic here in town. They do the jerseys for the team and can do yours to exactly the same specs and for the same price as the other guys. You'll have a jersey that looks exactly like the ones the players wear on the ice with name & numbers made from the same materials.

Feel free to add to the lists if you have solid information or experience.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 09-08-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old
09-07-2012, 10:32 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

A few more thoughts on the jersey search: Probably the worst thing you can do is buy a pre-customized jersey that is a fake. These are easy to spot, based on their price. If it seems too good to be true, it is! The numbers look puffy too, if you look close enough. Here's a few examples. Left to right are a really bad fake, then our guy in a game,:

And here's a properly customized jersey w/an autograph, just for more number comparison:

Do a little research, look at some pics and you will definitely see the difference. A great resource for pics of legit authentic avs jerseys can be found on www.avshockeypodcast.com. Navigate on the right to Jay's "My hockey jersey collection" tab and look at a seriously cool collection of avs jerseys. Compare the numbers on his jerseys to any pic you see online, you'll notice a difference if it's fake.

Next to worst thing you can do is to buy a pre-customized replica (semi-pro, or premier) jersey off the rack. I just saw some at the outlet mall in Castle Rock and they are terrible. The numbers are thin vinyl and are only one layer thick. But, to fool us all, they have fake stitches printed on them to mimic the stitching of the three layers of twill used by pro customizers. From what I remember seeing this summer these are the same pre-numbered premier jerseys as what they're selling on the rack at Altitude Authentics in the Pepsi Center. Disgusting, especially at the prices being charged.

Now, there is nothing wrong with owning a premier (replica) jersey. The quality of replicas has gone down in the Edge era, but they are still nice and all that some can afford. My suggestion for replicas is, again, to buy a blank and have it customized by a professional. IceJerseys and RiverCitySports will customize a replica you buy on their site and they both do a great job. I don't have experience with HockeyMonkey's customization, but I've read that they do a decent job, and their price is pretty low, too (same with Sportsk.com). And if you do it this way the numbers will be three layer twill rather than fake print vinyl. If you decide to buy a blank and get it done at DA, the font will be exact, and I don't think the final cost would be much different either.

Good luck all. Please feel free to add any suggestions or information that will help folks get good, quality jerseys.

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 09-15-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old
09-11-2012, 09:30 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Just saw this on Ebay if anyone is interested. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nice-CCM-Men...60489143831%26
It's a replica 2001 World team all star jersey, and the price is very good. Also of note: it already has the Avs shoulder patch and a Sweden Flag shoulder patch sewn on (presumably someone was going to make it into a Forsberg, but never saw the project through). My latest pickup post in this thread (this page, post #185 http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=185) was my Forsberg '01 all star and I LOVE it---My favorite jersey of all time. The patches on the shoulders cost about $15 each, so whoever gets this could get the jersey at a great price in the first place, and also save about $30 on the shoulder patches. Denver Athletic can do the name & number for you, as they did the jerseys for the '01 all star game. I also have material from a scrapped '01 jersey you can take/send to DA for use as a nameplate. PM me if you get it, and we'll work the shipping details for the plate. Good luck. Hope someone here gets it!!!

Last edited by SuperTheGreat: 10-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.
Closed Thread