HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"...the official tattoo shop of the New York Islanders"

Old
09-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Mc5RingsAndABeer
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
"With the 200th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, the New York Islanders are pleased to select...from The Ohio State University, Terrell Pryor!"

Mc5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
StrongIslanders90

vCash: 500
WoW people are such wussies......Its wierd Ill say that but its a buisness deal and Tatoos dont really have the stigma they did years ago.....

No one is being forced to get a tatoo but if you want one and you have a love for the Isles you can now combined the two.....Relax people

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:41 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
There is about a professional sports team choosing to be sponsored by a parlor though, and having it set up at home games to do tattoos/piercings while the team is playing.

I've gotten a tattoo from Tattoo Lou's and I get a lot of compliments on it. They do pretty good work, but I think it's pretty lame that the Islanders want them to be at the Coliseum during games.
some people are funny.....do you also want checking and fighing to go away hunny...hah sweetie??

Old
09-03-2011, 08:44 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaughNasty View Post
Coming Soon to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: Red Light District.
yeahh because tatoos and Prostitution are both ileagle.....

You people make me laugh....

Old
09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
DecimatorDiecuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoogasian94123 View Post
I also doubt their tats will be cheap either. I bet the rent is going to be steep so neither will their tats.
Rule #1 of tattoos: Good tattoos aren't cheap and cheap tattoos aren't good.

DecimatorDiecuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:24 PM
foppagirl21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecimatorDiecuts View Post
So very true. VERY TRUE. Spend the extra "chaching" on a reputable and skilled tattoo artist.

On that note, it is very odd a sports team is selecting an official tattoo parlor, but hey- whatever works for the Islanders. I am not against this one bit, I just find it a bit surprising. Do you all think they will be tattooing during every single home game or will they close early/special hours? Just curious.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:33 PM
gotmonte

I am COVERED in tattoos (I have had a love for tattoo's since I was 4 years old and looking up to my father who had his arms done in the service. So when I turned of age, I got tatted up and it has been a life long journey since then.

But I must say, THIS IS THE MOST STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD (getting tattoo'ed at a Hockey Game).

ITS A HOCKEY GAME.. NOT A TATTOO CONVENTION. Your there to root your team on and watch hockey LIVE. Not on the T.V. that is situated above the tattoo chair.

Its a home-run for Tattoo Lou's (which there is a few of them on long island and I got three tattoo's done there. Its a high turn-over rate tattoo shop. People breaking into the business go there to earn tatt'ing hours and then move on to either a better shop or open their own shop up) but for the Islanders FANS? Not so much.

I applaud the Islanders trying new things. But you want the fans in the SEATS not out in the hallways or concession stands while the game is going on.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
gotmonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
some people are funny.....do you also want checking and fighing to go away hunny...hah sweetie??
what does one have to do with the other?

because this poster said they thought it was a bad idea (inwhich I agree) that the islanders bring more fans out of the seats while the game is being played, you automatically associate that with them wanting fighting and hitting to go away?

And the "Hunny" and "sweetie" comments.... I dont even know what to say about that.

But each their own.

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:
I'm willing to bet I have significantly more tattoos than you do, including ink FROM Tattoo Lou's, so I'm not sure where your ******** attempt at being a condescending internet tough guy comes from, but thinking it's STUPID to have tattoo artists at the Coliseum during games, when people are... you know supposed to be watching the game doesn't mean I'm anti-tattoo/fighting/whatever asinine conclusion you'd like to jump to... it means the idea is simply STUPID. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if you're not even old enough to GET a tattoo.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:15 PM
foppagirl21

...so wait, they are actually going to tattoo people during games?? Wow, I thought they would just attach a parlor to the building that would operate around game time, not during. Makes no sense to me.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM
HaughNasty

Quote:
yeahh because tatoos and Prostitution are both ileagle.....

You people make me laugh....
Your remarks that you have made on this page makes me believe that you had to Google what the Red Light District was.

HaughNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:35 PM
ECL
If it weren’t for me

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Your remarks that you have made on this page makes me believe that you had to Google what the Red Light District was.
Well, it is ileagle.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 11:58 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
I'm willing to bet I have significantly more tattoos than you do, including ink FROM Tattoo Lou's, so I'm not sure where your ******** attempt at being a condescending internet tough guy comes from, but thinking it's STUPID to have tattoo artists at the Coliseum during games, when people are... you know supposed to be watching the game doesn't mean I'm anti-tattoo/fighting/whatever asinine conclusion you'd like to jump to... it means the idea is simply STUPID. Honestly, I wouldn't even be surprised if you're not even old enough to GET a tattoo.
Im saying this to the people who are saying things like " Kids shouldnt see this and be exposed to this" everyone in my immediate family including myself are tated up...I was refering to the people who have a negative conotation when it comes to tatoos...I believe its a little dumb to have a tatoo shop at an arena but, its thier choice and people are making staments saying whats next " the red light district" are the ones who im talking too.... So again Its not the Tatoo in the arena im focused on its what people are equating tats too is whats bothering me....

Finally- Internet tough guy.... the funny thing is I actually am a tough guy....How ya DOIN!!!!

Old
09-04-2011, 12:01 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Well, it is ileagle.

sorry Proffesor Spanky.....Illegal.......

Im sorry I dont type slow enough and proofread everyTING....

Old
09-04-2011, 12:04 AM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Yeah because at first I thought you were meaning there would be a lot of trafic because of the red lights......Thank god for google....

I swear I usually dont let the web universe piss me off but I wish I could see some of these guys in person.......

Old
09-04-2011, 12:13 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecimatorDiecuts View Post
Yeah, you have to wonder if they're to go be more expensive than usual at a game. Most things you get at any arena have some kind of premium tacked on. Then you factor in the money you spent on tickets, and I don't know the logistics of Nassau, but the money you spent on parking, etc. It makes a lot more sense to go to a tattoo shop.

Zen Arcade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:16 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
...so wait, they are actually going to tattoo people during games?? Wow, I thought they would just attach a parlor to the building that would operate around game time, not during. Makes no sense to me.
Well they need to find something to attract people at the Colosseum.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:19 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Quote:
Yeah because at first I thought you were meaning there would be a lot of trafic because of the red lights......Thank god for google....

I swear I usually dont let the web universe piss me off but I wish I could see some of these guys in person.......
He said that because your posts read like you're a 12 year old. Your crappy spelling and punctuation lead to the assumption that you're young and or stupid.

If you want to be taken seriously, act like somebody who should be taken seriously.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:46 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJSharks2010 View Post
I'm sorry but anyone who has a sports teams logo permanently drawn on their body has issues. The only exception is if they're an athlete who actually played for that team. And even then, ehhhh....
Yeah you're right, you should really keep all that pale empty skin that nobody ever sees in pristine shape. A tattoo would make it ugly...

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:50 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
it's interesting. but i just don't see who is going to get a tat after they just spent x amount of dollars getting a ticket to watch a hockey game.
I think they're trying to bait those people who have always thought about a tattoo but have reservations about walking into a parlor, because they consider them seedy or themselves too straightedge, or whatever.

Old
09-04-2011, 12:54 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
I think they're trying to bait those people who have always thought about a tattoo but have reservations about walking into a parlor, because they consider them seedy or themselves too straightedge, or whatever.
Haha, what's straight edge have to with anything? I grew up going to hardcore shows, edge people have more tattoos than just about anyone.

Old
09-04-2011, 12:57 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Quote:
Coming Soon to the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum: Red Light District.
Oh boy. Hide your kids, the sinfulness of the devil is coming to hockey games... As a tattoo shop! Lord protect us from the heathens! What a joke. Hey your holiness, they also sell alcohol at these games - you afraid peddling black tar heroin on the concourse is next?

Old
09-04-2011, 01:00 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Haha, what's straight edge have to with anything? I grew up going to hardcore shows, edge people have more tattoos than just about anyone.
Not sraightedge people as a group, just by-the-book types who would feel wierd going into a tat parlor by themselves.

Old
09-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossua34 View Post
Not sraightedge people as a group, just by-the-book types who would feel wierd going into a tat parlor by themselves.
Yeah, I can see that. Tattoos have lost a lot of the stigma they used to have, but people are still weird about going into tattoo shops.

Old
09-04-2011, 01:40 AM
Surstromming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
I don't understand the idea of a tattoo parlor at the arena. A tattoo isn't something you're going to get in five minutes during intermission, you're going to miss a decent chunk of the game getting it done. I mean, yeah I'm sure they'll have t.v.s, but that kind of defeats the purpose of seeing a game live.
Agreed, that's pretty dumb. As someone who's pretty covered-up in ink, a hockey arena is the last place and time I'd want to get tattooed. And I do have a hockey related tattoo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Just wait until a couple of fans have one too many, then pass by that tattoo stand. Yikes!
Yeah!

Surstromming is offline   Reply With Quote