HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
Well, in fairness, I believe he had just come off the bench, so yes, it was pretty lucky. And he definitely gave up the turnover that led to their goal.

With that said, he made his chance count and buried it, so it was much easier to forgive the earlier gaffe.
Lots of "lucky/hockey gods" plays in every game. Their lone goal had at least 2 lucky happenstances -- Leggy lost an edge, and Smith's stick helped redirect the puck over Rinne.

Old
02-22-2012, 05:26 PM
NoNecksCurse

anyone read our very own cashville's night with anders lindback? great story !! cashville also stated that lindback said that he is almost 100% suter WON'T resign.. which is what I've been hearing as well

Old
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
anyone read our very own cashville's night with anders lindback? great story !! cashville also stated that lindback said that he is almost 100% suter WON'T resign.. which is what I've been hearing as well
No, I haven't. link??

edit: nvm, I found it.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 02-22-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old
02-22-2012, 08:38 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm not as concerned about Suter next year now. Josi might not be as good but is good enough to replace him. If the Predators make us a contender and he still leaves then the issue is with him and he needs to go. I don't want someone that doesn't want to be here.

Old
02-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I'm not as concerned about Suter next year now. Josi might not be as good but is good enough to replace him. If the Predators make us a contender and he still leaves then the issue is with him and he needs to go. I don't want someone that doesn't want to be here.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, losing Suter would NOT be the death of this franchise. We wouldn't have to rebuild, just change the look of our team. Trade him for picks at the draft to stock up and/or get trade bait. Trade picks/prospects/something for (or just sign) another top 6 guy like AK/Hemsky/Parise/Roy/Carter/Vanek/Jokinen/Malone. Maybe sign Carle for the backend.

Radulov-Smith-Wilson
Erat-Fisher-(Free agent)
Hornqvist-Legwand-SK
Tootoo/Borque-Spailing-Halischuk

Weber-Josi
Gill-Carle
Klein-Ellis
Ekholm/Blum/Laakso

That team is probably right around this years cap, so there still is room for a move. They're young, and Rads is a quesiton mark, but we can survive without Suter.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Shanahanigans

Hey guys, Oilers fan here
A lot of rumors have been swirling lately about deals that involve Hemsky and Ellis as the main pieces. Now I know some of you may not want Hemsky, or won't want to deal Ellis, but let's move that aside for now. I want to know more about Ellis as an NHL player.

From what I recall, he was quite the stud in Junior, and on Canada's WJC team. How is he doing in Nashville so far this year? Is he in a top 4 role? I think its his first full year (If I'm not mistaken), how is he handling it?
He's a pretty small guy, is his size affecting his game a lot? Or does he play bigger than his 5'10 frame?
Lastly, I know he's a good offensive defenseman, but how is he on the defensive side of the puck?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a better grasp on a player whose name has been mentioned a lot lately in Edmonton
Thanks guys!

Old
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight414 View Post
Hey guys, Oilers fan here
A lot of rumors have been swirling lately about deals that involve Hemsky and Ellis as the main pieces. Now I know some of you may not want Hemsky, or won't want to deal Ellis, but let's move that aside for now. I want to know more about Ellis as an NHL player.

From what I recall, he was quite the stud in Junior, and on Canada's WJC team. How is he doing in Nashville so far this year? Is he in a top 4 role? I think its his first full year (If I'm not mistaken), how is he handling it?
He's a pretty small guy, is his size affecting his game a lot? Or does he play bigger than his 5'10 frame?
Lastly, I know he's a good offensive defenseman, but how is he on the defensive side of the puck?
Sorry for all the questions, just want to get a better grasp on a player whose name has been mentioned a lot lately in Edmonton
Thanks guys!
I know you said not to mention this, but, for the record, I don't want to trade Ellis for Hemsky.

I was one of Ellis's biggest doubters in the off-season. He has absoutely won me over. He's playing bottom pairing right now in very protected minutes, but I have been blown away. He's small, but has very good defensive positioning. Has a rocket of a shot. He's made quite an impact on our PP. He's never going to be an elite two-way guy, but I can absolutely see him filling a top 4 role as well as eating up top PP minutes in the near future.

Old
02-22-2012, 09:45 PM
NoNecksCurse

ellis will not be traded for hemsky.. unless a first is coming back (yeah right) or a real nice asset. ellis is legit. sources say teams are passing on edm's asking price .. a good prospect and pick.. I would say ellis is better than good..

more than likely its blum + 3rd .. thats what I think NSH's final offer is. poile already shot down ellis for hemsky

Old
02-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Shanahanigans

Thanks guys!

What happened to Blum? I know he's not a bad prospect by any means, but I had him ahead of Josi and Ellis, coming into this year. Guess I was way off. Is he still projected to be top 4 in the near future?

Old
02-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Thanks guys!

What happened to Blum? I know he's not a bad prospect by any means, but I had him ahead of Josi and Ellis, coming into this year. Guess I was way off. Is he still projected to be top 4 in the near future?
Blum was our 3rd best D last year easily (and on a team with Suter and Weber, there's no shame in 3rd). Came in this year and sucked, lost his confidence and got sent down. I still think he'll be a top 4 D, but he's a real risk at this point. If he can even regain his play for last year, he'll be a very good top 4 D though.

Old
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Thanks guys!

he was fantastic last year and in the playoffs... this year comes into the season looking terrible.. people want to throw him to the wolves but I still have him as a top 4 guy easy. just going to take a bit longer than expected.. 2 seasons or so.. if EDM could get blum + 1st , that would be a horrible deal for us. blum is no chopped liver. he was way way way ahead of josi and ellis last season in prospect ratings. I suspect he will get back to form soon

Old
02-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Thanks guys!

Blum wasn't given an easy path to the NHL by the Predators and only got here last year due to injuries. Once he got here, he played up to his potential and earned a spot out on the roster heading into camp this year. Unfortunately, Blum appears to have thought he had arrived and still hasn't figured out what it takes to stay at the NHL level. That's why he's in the AHL right now...

Once Blum learns what it takes to have a career in the NHL he'll be back, unfortunately, that appears likely to happen at some point in the future with another organization though as he is likely our No. 1 trade chip this week...

Old
02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Blum wasn't given an easy path to the NHL by the Predators and only got here last year due to injuries. Once he got here, he played up to his potential and earned a spot out on the roster heading into camp this year. Unfortunately, Blum appears to have thought he had arrived and still hasn't figured out what it takes to stay at the NHL level. That's why he's in the AHL right now...

Once Blum learns what it takes to have a career in the NHL he'll be back, unfortunately, that appears likely to happen at some point in the future with another organization though as he is likely our No. 1 trade chip this week...
SLake, didn't we all assume Blum was being auditioned last year at the deadline? And IIRC we were rumored to be looking to get Smid from Edmonton... and then he ended up playing so well that we kept him.

I wonder if Edm still likes Blum?

Old
02-23-2012, 01:55 AM
Shanahanigans

Thanks for the info guys
And yeah of course we like Blum, this is a team that signed Cam Barker because we were so desperate on D. Its tough because our management has drafted a lot of good defenseman the last 2 years, but defensemen take a lot longer to become impact players than forwards, who can pay dividends right away.
But thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Old
02-23-2012, 04:35 AM
Oan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
What happened to that thread? Can't find it anymore.

Old
02-23-2012, 05:42 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
What happened to that thread? Can't find it anymore.
No longer available.

Old
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

a couple preds making the nicest player list

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.15.html

Old
02-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Top 6 Spaling

oh my god....

The Nashville Predators have the #1 power play in the NHL.

Please read that again and let it sink in.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...ewName=summary

Old
02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
oh my god....

been that way for two days now

Old
02-26-2012, 07:40 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Fun stat I heard while watching the ANA/CHI game.

Both Anaheim and Chicago's defenseman coming into this game had 20 total goals for each corps combined.....Shea Weber has 14 by himself.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
oh my god....

The Mayans were right

Old
02-27-2012, 08:10 AM
wadesworld

Ugh. I had a faint hope of catching Detroit before the year was up, but then I looked at their schedule.

They have Columbus, Minnesota, Chicago, Philly and LA this week. They will likely win all 5 of those.

In fact, the only games left on their schedule I would put down as tossups would be their 2 with us, 1 with NYR and 1 with STL.

Obviously any team can lose at anytime, so it's likely they'll lose more than 5 before the year is over, but I don't see them losing much more than that - if that.

Dang. I wanted to find a way to pass those guys.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Lines?

Sk-Fish-Erat
AK-Wilson-Hornqvist
Smith-Legwand-Halishuk
Tootoo-Spals-Borq

Old
02-27-2012, 09:57 AM