HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

David Pratt: Negotiations with Team 1040 at an impasse

Old
10-05-2011, 05:32 PM
crazycanuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
You're kidding?

A smaller league, with strictly Canadian match-ups, and one game per week outdrew a crappy Wednesday night hockey game on TSN? I'm a CFL fan, but these comparisons hold absolutely no water. Hockey coverage is diluted by regional Rogers broadcasts, and CBC. TSN often pulls pretty poor NHL match-ups (such as two US teams on a Wednesday night). It's pretty obvious a CFL game between BC/Montreal would outdraw a mid-week TSN broadcasted game between Pit/Flor or something. I'd like to see how these numbers change with TSN being the official Winnipeg Jets broadcaster this year.

The only way this makes sense, is if you put a regular season BC/Montreal game versus a Canucks/Habs game on the same day, at the same time and see which draws better.
Most of TSN's Wednesday Night Hockey games (their appointment viewing night) now have at least one Canadian team.

Also the CFL plays during the summer and on the weekend when many people are out and about due to it not you know not being winter...

And TSN is the Jets regional broadcaster, just like how Sportsnet is the regional broadcaster for the Canucks. So the fact that TSN has those rights won't have an affect on the numbers for the Wednesday Night games.

crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Uhmkay
Weber2Canucks2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
You're kidding?

A smaller league, with strictly Canadian match-ups, and one game per week outdrew a crappy Wednesday night hockey game on TSN? I'm a CFL fan, but these comparisons hold absolutely no water. Hockey coverage is diluted by regional Rogers broadcasts, and CBC. TSN often pulls pretty poor NHL match-ups (such as two US teams on a Wednesday night). It's pretty obvious a CFL game between BC/Montreal would outdraw a mid-week TSN broadcasted game between Pit/Flor or something. I'd like to see how these numbers change with TSN being the official Winnipeg Jets broadcaster this year.

The only way this makes sense, is if you put a regular season BC/Montreal game versus a Canucks/Habs game on the same day, at the same time and see which draws better.
Agreed. Delusional Roughrider fans.

The games TSN usually get aren't that great and involve teams (2 US markets) that many Canadians couldn't care about. I'd love to see a comparison of Lions vs Alo's and Canucks vs Canadians. The viewership wouldn't even be close I don't think... and that's even with the hockey teams having 81 other televised games during the regular season.

Sorry CFL fans, it ain't even close.

Uhmkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 09:33 PM
RonTugnutt
Kesler is washed up

vCash: 417
I have been sick all week and just got back into the swing of things today, can someone tell me why Taylor is in Toronto? I am guessing something to do with the Sportsnet change.

RonTugnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:22 PM
FakeKidPoker*

CFL is in a new golden age of popularity and yes their ratings are better than most TSN games...but TSN has such poor hockey coverage it's not surprising.

Hockey night outdraws friday night football though

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2011, 11:25 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Oh and TSN 95% of the time has a Canadian team playing.

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 12:20 AM
zepps

The CFL hate is so 1990s. It's popular. Nothing wrong with that or liking the league down south. That football game last week was amazing for a lot reasons. It deserved coverage.

CFL vs NFL coverage doesn't matter once the Canucks are going. It's all Canucks, all the time.

zepps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Does anyone else find this cutesy pseudo banter Taylor and BMac are doing to pimp out some New West condo development ****ing insufferable?

SOMETHING'S COMING

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:05 PM
WinterEmpire
Praise Dalpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
Does anyone else find this cutesy pseudo banter Taylor and BMac are doing to pimp out some New West condo development ****ing insufferable?

SOMETHING'S COMING
Pratt and Taylor had the same promo going in the early Summer

WinterEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Yeah and it was annoying to hear then too.

Burke's Evil Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-07-2011, 05:35 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhmkay View Post
Agreed. Delusional Roughrider fans.

The games TSN usually get aren't that great and involve teams (2 US markets) that many Canadians couldn't care about. I'd love to see a comparison of Lions vs Alo's and Canucks vs Canadians. The viewership wouldn't even be close I don't think... and that's even with the hockey teams having 81 other televised games during the regular season.

Sorry CFL fans, it ain't even close.
All I was getting at is the CFL is not some ignored league being pumped up by a radio station who does the play by play, and is owned by the same corporation that also owns TSN. No one is suggesting the CFL is doing 'better' than the NHL, but it gets respectable support.

TL/DR : Haters gonna hate.

rye&ginger is offline   Reply With Quote