HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - LAK

Old
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM
inthewings

vCash: 500

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:17 PM
LilySmoov

Done.

I'm in love with Schenn and breaking up Mac and the USSR would be painful, but Doughty is Doughty. Drew replaces Schenn (and then some), and we can get someone to take over for Kuli with relative ease sooner or later. Kadri, Frattin, etc. 2nd line wingers are easier to come by than franchise d-men. Plus, having your top pair consist of 2 <26 year old Norris nominees would be too sexy for me to handle.

LilySmoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:25 PM
Jwm1986

A Big LOL to all you Leafs fans who say "Pass, we need Kulemin"....

29 teams fans know that this wouldnt even get the Kings to pick up the phone for Doughty, but for some reason you guys cant let go of Kulemin....

Man i hope you guys get real top line forwards sometime soon

Jwm1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:27 PM
ReimTime
Bozakian Bond

LA laughs at us. I do not like where this thread is going to go.

ReimTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:28 PM
ManInTheBox
Women Love Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
We went from Kulemin and Schenn to Crosby and something more...BRILLIANT! Because that's EXACTLY how high we overrate Doughty.
That's not my point. What I mean is, name your price and I'll listen:

To LA: Crosby + ?

To Pit: Doughty + ?

Now you fill in the blanks, and I'll agree.

ManInTheBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Kings tell Burke to go choke on something.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:39 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
please, Kulemin hasn't done enough at this point to seen as being better than any of our top 4 wingers, all proven 55+ point getters. He's good, but he needs more than 1 50 point year
Please, I could say the same about Doughty. He's good, but he needs more than 1 50 point year (59). Last season he only had 40 points, which Drew Doughty am I getting.

Anyone can bend facts, stats etc... the way you are.

You see a DFD and a 50 point winger? I see a young stud DFD with 30 point elite #2 potential who can shutdown even the best, a young 30G scoring winger who can find chemistry with nearly anyone, can play in any situation, could be competing for the selke in his prime and has improved his game every year since entering the league and will only get better.

In return we get a young D who had a great season 2 years ago but had a disappointing season last year. He's clearly getting worse and he's Dion Phaneuf 2.0, but a crappier version.

See how anyone can do what you did?

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
40 points from a 21 year old defenseman is disappointing? Jesus.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:46 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original6Leafs View Post
Please, I could say the same about Doughty. He's good, but he needs more than 1 50 point year (59). Last season he only had 40 points, which Drew Doughty am I getting.

You see a DFD and a 50 point winger? I see a young stud DFD with 30 point elite #2 potential who can shutdown even the best, a young 30G scoring winger who can find chemistry with nearly anyone, can play in any situation, could be competing for the selke in
his prime and has improved his game every year since entering the league and will only get better.

In return we get a young D who had a great season 2 years ago
but had a disappointing season last year. He's clearly getting worse and he's Dion Phaneuf 2.0, but a crappier version.

See how anyone can do what you
did?

I see a homer leafs fan, Doughty is younger and better.

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

yep 40 points in 76 games despite suffering a concussion meaning he wasnt at full 100% in games after he came back, all while being the #1 dman on a top 5 team in the league for GAA

what a bust

Muzzinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Megan Fox
ლ(◉◞౪◟◉ )ლ

The Leafs don't need Doughty - he wouldn't even play on our top pair.

Kulemin will be more valuable than Doughty next year, and from now on. And you want us to add Schenn??? LOL

Megan Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:50 PM
nmbr_24

I think LA would have a hard time finding a reason to do this deal.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 05:51 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original6Leafs View Post

You see a DFD and a 50 point winger? I see a young stud DFD with 30 point elite #2 potential who can shutdown even the best, a young 30G scoring winger who can find chemistry with nearly anyone, can play in any situation, could be competing for the selke in his prime and has improved his game every year since entering the league and will only get better.

In return we get a young D who had a great season 2 years ago but had a disappointing season last year. He's clearly getting worse and he's Dion Phaneuf 2.0, but a crappier version.

See how anyone can do what you did?
Man, fifth in the league in time on ice per game, not to mention 40 points, and that's a disappointing season? The same guy who outscored Phaneuf, Toronto's highest scoring defenseman, by 10 points - and that even though he outscored and outplayed him, Doughty is somehow worse than Phaneuf?

Your elite shutdown defenseman isn't even as good of a defender as Doughty. Doughty's defense really is underrated. People love getting on Doughty's case now because it is popular to hate him. He is no longer everyone's little secret and so now everyone has something negative to say about him. He's 21 for crying out loud! You'd think he's on the downslope of his career, the way certain people talk about him.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
Man, fifth in the league in time on ice per game, not to mention 40 points, and that's a disappointing season? The same guy who outscored Phaneuf, Toronto's highest scoring defenseman, by 10 points - and that even though he outscored and outplayed him, Doughty is somehow worse than Phaneuf?

Your elite shutdown defenseman isn't even as good of a defender as Doughty. Doughty's defense really is underrated. People love getting on Doughty's case now because it is popular to hate him. He is no longer everyone's little secret and so now everyone has something negative to say about him. He's 21 for crying out loud! You'd think he's on the downslope of his career, the way certain people talk about him.
Schenn is better than Doughty defensively .. Doughty got Schenn beat in the offensive category by 20ish points ...

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:06 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

I guess some people really don't understand what I was trying to say.

I wasn't saying Schenn+Kulemin are jesus and Doughty is awful.

What I was trying to show is how anyone can use bias to make a trade look bad for their side or justify it just like sw1tch was doing.

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

i'd rather give up Kessel + Franson + something else

Schenn-Doughty
Aulie-Phaneuf
Liles-Gunnarsson
Komi/Gardiner

drool

Old
09-03-2011, 06:18 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Percy View Post
Why do we want Doughty?
Because you wanna make the playoffs in the next 10 years? Any leaf fan who doesnt take this is mentally challenged

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:37 PM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan Fox View Post
The Leafs don't need Doughty - he wouldn't even play on our top pair.

Kulemin will be more valuable than Doughty next year, and from now on. And you want us to add Schenn??? LOL
dude, don't quit your day job,

apadilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:40 PM
boozeash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
id like to see what the fans saying no think is a good offer for Doughty, since its obviously less than a 2nd line winger and a top line defensive defensman
Doughty is overrated and overpaid......It dosen't help that he LA Fans seem to value their players and prospects a little too much

boozeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:43 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozeash View Post
Doughty is overrated and overpaid......It dosen't help that he LA Fans seem to value their players and prospects a little too much
He doesn't even have a contract yet.

I understand that the Leafs have a strong blue line, just like the Kings, but let's be reality here. Doughty is miles better than Kulemin. If an offer like the one the OP proposed comes about, Burke takes the deal. You move other pieces to replace what you shipped off to get Doughty.

Old
09-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markisonfire View Post
He doesn't even have a contract yet.

I understand that the Leafs have a strong blue line, just like the Kings, but let's be reality here. Doughty is miles better than Kulemin. If an offer like the one the OP proposed comes about, Burke takes the deal. You move other pieces to replace what you shipped off to get Doughty.
i agree with this, Doughty has more value than Kulemin and Schenn

just dont think Burke would do this deal, he loses our best Defensive Dman + our best defensive forward

Doughty is great, i'd love to have him on our team, but i dont see how this deal would work out, we would only have 1 shutdown dman in Aulie ...... and komisarek

Old
09-03-2011, 06:49 PM
SuperSaiyanBeastmode

I do this deal... I might even throw in a 1st if it was the deal maker.
It would be beautiful if the leafs got doughty, if we got doughty... who cares about a #1 center? Only drawback would be that I know kulemin is going to break out this year, but whatever... he'll never be the best LW in the league.

SuperSaiyanBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
boozeash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwm1986 View Post
A Big LOL to all you Leafs fans who say "Pass, we need Kulemin"....

29 teams fans know that this wouldnt even get the Kings to pick up the phone for Doughty, but for some reason you guys cant let go of Kulemin....

Man i hope you guys get real top line forwards sometime soon
Well Not everyone values Doughty as much as one team's fans who have already invested so much in him........Leafs problem isn't defense....and Doughty's Defense is shabby at best.

boozeash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 06:52 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesselsnapSHOT View Post
I do this deal... I might even throw in a 1st if it was the deal maker.
It would be beautiful if the leafs got doughty, if we got doughty... who cares about a #1 center? Only drawback would be that I know kulemin is going to break out this year, but whatever... he'll never be the best LW in the league.
throw in a 1st? why?

with that 1st we can attempt to draft that #1 center that we haven't had since Sundin...

whatever, this wont happen anyways so i wont address the amount of stupidity coming from everyone in this thread

Old
09-03-2011, 06:53 PM
markisonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozeash View Post
Well Not everyone values Doughty as much as one team's fans who have already invested so much in him........Leafs problem isn't defense....and Doughty's Defense is shabby at best.

Care to share your reasons why his defense is "shabby at best" ?