HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Best Hockey Sense? Best Speed? Best Skill? Hardest Worker?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-03-2011, 07:05 PM
  #1
gatosauce12345
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Best Hockey Sense? Best Speed? Best Skill? Hardest Worker?

These are all going to be answered differently.

H.S: John Tavares

Best Speed: Michael Grabner

Best Skill: Pavel Datsyuk

Hardest Worker: Ovechkin Maybe??

gatosauce12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
  #2
tututooter21
Registered User
 
tututooter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: B.C.
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Wrong Forum.

Hockey sense... Crosby

Best Speed... Helm or Grabner (Everyone needs to stop saying Grabner is fastest, unless you really think that. Not every player played at the all-star game!!)

Best Skill... Datsyuk

Hardest Worker... Kesler, Iginla, Semin, Lapierriere (The guy who got hit the face with a puck last year), St. Louis

tututooter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
  #3
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,112
vCash: 500
HS: Datsyuk
Speed: Darren Helm
Skill: Datsyuk
Worker: Ryan Miller/MSL

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
  #4
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,171
vCash: 300
Hockey Sense: Tough one. I'd say Pavel Datsyuk, Sidney Crosby, or Joe Thornton.

Speed: Grabner or Helm.

Skill: Depends on what traits you use to define "skill". Overall, I'd say Datsyuk is the most purley "talented" player in the game. Crosby is right there with him.

Hardest worker: Too many, but Ryan Callahan never ceases to amaze me with his work ethic.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:01 PM
  #5
Fast Tony DeNiro
Registered User
 
Fast Tony DeNiro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Hockey Sense: I'd be hard pressed to pick anyone other than Crosby

Speed: Mattias Tedenby

Skill: Datsyuk or Semin

Hardest Worker: Could be a bunch of people, but I'll go with Toews.

Fast Tony DeNiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:07 PM
  #6
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames
 
Vasilevskiy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Barcelona
Country: Spain
Posts: 8,736
vCash: 500
H.S. -> Crosby
Speed -> Raymond
Skill -> Semin/Datsyuk
Worker -> St. Louis

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:19 PM
  #7
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
H.S: Crosby

Best Speed: Darren Helm, quite easily.

Best Skill: Pavel Datsyuk

Hardest Worker: Crosby, Datsyuk, Teows.

Trvp Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
  #8
BeastoftheEast85
Registered User
 
BeastoftheEast85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: United States
Posts: 1,750
vCash: 500
Still playing -

H.S. - Crosby is excellent but have to go with Lidstrom who used it to become of the best all-time

Speed - Someone uses that speed to be elite, Gaborik

Skill - Have to go with Kovalev (KHL)

Hardest Worker - Parise seems to put 110% in no matter what.

BeastoftheEast85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 08:53 PM
  #9
hallhopkinseberle
Registered User
 
hallhopkinseberle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccchristien View Post
H.S: Crosby

Best Speed: Darren Helm, quite easily.

Best Skill: Pavel Datsyuk

Hardest Worker: Crosby, Datsyuk, Teows.
i strongly agree with this guy

hallhopkinseberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:15 PM
  #10
gsharpe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccchristien View Post
H.S: Crosby

Best Speed: Darren Helm, quite easily.

Best Skill: Pavel Datsyuk

Hardest Worker: Crosby, Datsyuk, Teows.
@Quite easily

Yah, not really. Dont get me wrong, hes fast and is top 5 whatever, but Raymond is faster than Grabner, and then there's Gaborik and even Cumisky can fly.

I know there are others. Just cant think of others right now.

gsharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:25 PM
  #11
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era
 
Boxscore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 1985-94
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Hockey sense: Nicklas Lidstrom, Sidney Crosby

Best Speed: Michael Grabner, Alex Burmistrov

Best Skill: Pavel Datsyuk, Patrick Kane, Ales Hemsky

Hardest Worker: Zach Parise, Ryan Kesler

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 09:58 PM
  #12
Alphacat
Registered User
 
Alphacat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Hockey sense: Crosby

Speed: Raymond

Skill: Datsyuk

Hardest worker: Ryan Callahan

Alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:46 PM
  #13
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
The thread creator actually put Ovechkin out there as the hardest worker?

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:27 AM
  #14
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
Best speed, Kreider the first day he steps on the ice in the NHL. He'll be 6'2, 220 to boot. There is fast and then there is speed that Kreider has which doesn't even make sense. I don't like Kreider all that much as one of our prospects. I think his attitude needs a lot of work. However, there is nobody on the planet that has his acceleration. Watching Kreider skate is like watching Usain Bolt run.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:50 AM
  #15
bebl
Registered User
 
bebl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatosauce12345 View Post
Hardest Worker: Ovechkin Maybe??

bebl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 07:18 AM
  #16
Blazephr
Registered User
 
Blazephr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
Best speed, Kreider the first day he steps on the ice in the NHL. He'll be 6'2, 220 to boot. There is fast and then there is speed that Kreider has which doesn't even make sense. I don't like Kreider all that much as one of our prospects. I think his attitude needs a lot of work. However, there is nobody on the planet that has his acceleration. Watching Kreider skate is like watching Usain Bolt run.
Attitude needs work? You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about. He's a good level-headed kid. You're one of the NYR fans that are still upset because he wants to finish his education rather than turn pro this year. He's going to finish out school with a heavy class load for his junior year at BC, then turn pro next season. He even showed up at an informal skate with his future NYR teammates this past week.

"Kreider is committed to his hockey career. But he is also committed to academics. That is why he accelerated the process towards earning his degree by taking four courses at BC this summer. And it is one of the reasons why he is returning to college with a full course load this fall as opposed to turning pro."

"You want to focus on professional hockey when that time comes," said Kreider, who recorded 11 goals and 24 points in 32 games with the Eagles a year ago as a sophomore. "I know my decision (to stay in school) was heavily scrutinized from the outside, but it's been hammered into me how important my eductaion is and now is the time to take care of that. I don't want (finishing school) hanging over my head once I turn pro. I just want to focus on hockey at that point."


full article here:

Kreider Skates With The Big Boys

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/69...h-the-big-boys


and here is Kreider's speed on display:


Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
  #17
richardsequalscup*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,262
vCash: 500
You are the one who has no clue. If you paid attention which you obviously didn't, Torts basically opened the door and a spot for Kreider to join the team this season. He decided to go back to college to play with his girlfriend. Unless you are unbelievably stupid, you can see there is a night and day difference with the attitude of a J.T. Miller compared to Kreider. Miller blew off college, said I want to play one year of juniors and then go pro. Kreider said, I want to go back to college and then spent last year tweeting about the Bruins in the playoffs. The Rangers actually had to tell him to knock it off.

Stepan left Wisconsin after his sophomore year and he didnt' have Torts opening the door for him like he did for Kreider. That shows you the difference between the attitude of Stepan and Kreider.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 02:11 PM
  #18
RedwingsnCudi13
Registered User
 
RedwingsnCudi13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Wrong Forum.

Hockey sense... Crosby

Best Speed... Helm or Grabner (Everyone needs to stop saying Grabner is fastest, unless you really think that. Not every player played at the all-star game!!)

Best Skill... Datsyuk

Hardest Worker... Kesler, Iginla, Semin, Lapierriere (The guy who got hit the face with a puck last year), St. Louis
One Of These isn't like the others....

RedwingsnCudi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 02:28 PM
  #19
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50
How fast is Grabner? He seems to be the general pick, but I haven't seen him much. Is he faster than Duchene for example?

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
  #20
Blazephr
Registered User
 
Blazephr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Vermont - NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardsequalscup View Post
You are the one who has no clue. If you paid attention which you obviously didn't, Torts basically opened the door and a spot for Kreider to join the team this season. He decided to go back to college to play with his girlfriend. Unless you are unbelievably stupid, you can see there is a night and day difference with the attitude of a J.T. Miller compared to Kreider. Miller blew off college, said I want to play one year of juniors and then go pro. Kreider said, I want to go back to college and then spent last year tweeting about the Bruins in the playoffs. The Rangers actually had to tell him to knock it off.

Stepan left Wisconsin after his sophomore year and he didnt' have Torts opening the door for him like he did for Kreider. That shows you the difference between the attitude of Stepan and Kreider.
Sound like a day-time soap writer. You're making a lot of assumptions based off rumors you've read on the internet. You make "blowing off college" sound like its such a great thing. What happens if JT Miller doesn't make it to the NHL?

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
  #21
YARR123
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffeG View Post
The thread creator actually put Ovechkin out there as the hardest worker?
I think theres a point to it, there no one who puts as much energy into his game (offensively, not defensively), he goes literally 110%.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 05:43 PM
  #22
tututooter21
Registered User
 
tututooter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: B.C.
Posts: 2,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
How fast is Grabner? He seems to be the general pick, but I haven't seen him much. Is he faster than Duchene for example?
Last year when Grabner was with the Canucks, Raymond was faster probably even Kesler. I don't know if he got faster though. Next time Canucks play the Avs compare him to Kesler. Grabner is a little bit faster than Kesler. (Raymond will not be as fast as his back is broken)

tututooter21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 05:58 PM
  #23
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Last year when Grabner was with the Canucks, Raymond was faster probably even Kesler. I don't know if he got faster though. Next time Canucks play the Avs compare him to Kesler. Grabner is a little bit faster than Kesler. (Raymond will not be as fast as his back is broken)
Alright thanks

Rhaego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
  #24
KaraLupin
카라
 
KaraLupin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tututooter21 View Post
Wrong Forum.

Hockey sense... Crosby

Best Speed... Helm or Grabner (Everyone needs to stop saying Grabner is fastest, unless you really think that. Not every player played at the all-star game!!)

Best Skill... Datsyuk

Hardest Worker... Kesler, Iginla, Semin, Lapierriere (The guy who got hit the face with a puck last year), St. Louis
What?

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:05 PM
  #25
KaraLupin
카라
 
KaraLupin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
How fast is Grabner? He seems to be the general pick, but I haven't seen him much. Is he faster than Duchene for example?


That fast.

KaraLupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.