HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oiler fan asking a question about Tim Erixon

Old
09-03-2011, 06:57 PM
OILFAN #81

vCash: 500
Oiler fan asking a question about Tim Erixon

Hey Ranger fans. Just had a quick question about Tim Erixon. I am familiar with him and know he is one of your best prospects along with Kreider. Is Erixon projected to make the Rangers this year? I am asking because Calgary GM Feaster took a shot at him on Thursday night during the Flames annual meeting with their season ticket holders. He basically said Erixon won't make the Rangers and Tortorella will have something to do with that.

Anyways, I hope Tim Erixon wins a couple Norris Trophies and sticks it to the Flames!

PS....thanks in advance for answering my question. Take care.

OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
I would say so, yes. This is the current defensive depth of the Rangers:

Staal-Girardi
McDonagh-Sauer

And, then, the 3rd pair is somewhat of a question mark. You have 3/4/5 players vying for two spots - Steve Eminger, Michael Del Zotto, Pavel Valentenko, Tomas Kundratek, and, of course, Erixon. He's being penciled in by many of us, though, especially after Gordie Clark, who is the head of the Rangers' scouting department, said that Erixon could step into a top-4 role right now.

Most of us are counting on Erixon making the roster, and, by all accounts, he's ready. I think Feaster is just sore about the Erixon incident, and I don't blame him. However, unless Erixon is an absolute trainwreck, I'm fairly confident he'll make the team.

09-03-2011, 07:02 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Feaster is a big baby.

Rangers think he will make the team. Always a possibility he won't, though.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:15 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Feaster knows he made a mistake. He's just trying to make himself feel better. From everything I've read, this kid is pretty much good to go.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:23 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

From what I've read and the little I've seen (take that into account) I feel Erixon could be competing for top-4 minutes on this team. I feel he's a better skater at this point than Sauer, and his defensive game is well-polished for a kid his age. I'm not a scout, but I've played defense long enough to know that he doesn't look lost, doesn't get caught out of position a lot, and makes a good first pass to break out of the zone. His skating isn't bad at all either. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise for this team this year.

With that being said, tr only issue will be his strength and conditioning, moreso his strength. Can he handle the bigger NHL power forwards? He's played against men in one of the top-3 leagues in the world in the Elitserien, but it doesn't even come close to the physicality of the NHL.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
TCRF
RICK. GNASH

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
From what I've read and the little I've seen (take that into account) I feel Erixon could be competing for top-4 minutes on this team. I feel he's a better skater at this point than Sauer, and his defensive game is well-polished for a kid his age. I'm not a scout, but I've played defense long enough to know that he doesn't look lost, doesn't get caught out of position a lot, and makes a good first pass to break out of the zone. His skating isn't bad at all either. I think he'll be a pleasant surprise for this team this year.

With that being said, tr only issue will be his strength and conditioning, moreso his strength. Can he handle the bigger NHL power forwards? He's played against men in one of the top-3 leagues in the world in the Elitserien, but it doesn't even come close to the physicality of the NHL.
He will be good... plus our D, Girardi n Staal will teach him the ropes

TCRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Hey Ranger fans. Just had a quick question about Tim Erixon. I am familiar with him and know he is one of your best prospects along with Kreider. Is Erixon projected to make the Rangers this year? I am asking because Calgary GM Feaster took a shot at him on Thursday night during the Flames annual meeting with their season ticket holders. He basically said Erixon won't make the Rangers and Tortorella will have something to do with that.

Anyways, I hope Tim Erixon wins a couple Norris Trophies and sticks it to the Flames!

This is how it is. Flames couldn't sign Erixon. They traded him to us. Erixon has a GREAT shot at making our team out of camp. Feaster is just a sour grape and has a stick stuck up his rear end. We saw the quotes that Feaster made, saying that Tortorella's camps are like hell basically, and that Erixon will have to go thru a ******** in order to make this team. Like I said, Feaster is just taking a shot at Erixon. I too hope Erixon wins a couple Norris Trophiees, not only to stick it to the Flames and Feaster, but to help us win some Cups!

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McDonagh
Del Zotto/Eminger-Erixon

Hope that answered your question. Feaster is a tool.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Feaster can suck it. Once Iginla's gone the Flames become an organization I will not give two ***** about. Erixon has a great shot to make the team next year.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Feaster is a big baby.

Rangers think he will make the team. Always a possibility he won't, though.
Fatty can't see under chins. He's definitely butt hurt. Did you read the article how he thrashes the Oilers rebuild, very unprofessional.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:26 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

All that needs to be said about the kid has been said already in this thread - Gordie considers him a top 4 d-man as is right now. I think as long as he plays his game, he'll make the team.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Alphacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Feaster knows he made a mistake. He's just trying to make himself feel better. From everything I've read, this kid is pretty much good to go.
Exactly. Erixon is definitely an NHL caliber defenseman right now according to what I read. Feaster would never praise Erixon after the schism that occured. If Feaster did in fact say that though, I hope Erixon can laugh in his face when he lights it up very soon.

Alphacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2011, 10:33 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Fatty can't see under chins. He's definitely butt hurt. Did you read the article how he thrashes the Oilers rebuild, very unprofessional.
Nah, I tend to ignore what one of the worst GMs in the league has to say about things.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Giacomin

The deal for Erixon was made for the long term. Unless he falls apart the Rangers got a steal. It might not show right away but let,s talk about this trade 4 years from now with the Flames GM

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Dosing

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post

Do we have a link for this? if your quoting him it sounds like feaster thinks he's gonna have something to do with it.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 07:13 AM
richardsequalscup*

Feaster is a complete moron The Flames along with the Devils, have probably been the worst drafting team in hockey the past 7 to 8 years. When you don't draft well, you can't afford to have your best prospect not want to play for you.

Erixon outplayed Larsson this season. That much was obvious from all reports.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:39 AM
msv957

What was the deal with Erixon and the Flames? Why did the flames sour on a recent first round pick? Was it just about the money? If so, these quotes by Feaster would be ridiculous and unprofessional

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
What was the deal with Erixon and the Flames? Why did the flames sour on a recent first round pick? Was it just about the money? If so, these quotes by Feaster would be ridiculous and unprofessional
Erixon didn't want to sign in Calgary because their defensive depth would prevent him from playing for the Flames. He didn't want to be playing in Abbotsford. If I were him, I wouldn't wanna play in Calgary either

It wasn't about the money, he just didn't want to play for the Flames organization. Feaster is a sour grape.

Old
09-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Dosing

Actually i dont think it was as much that he didnt wanna play for calgary, but rather he just wanted to play for the rangers. He was probbs raised since an infant to be a rangerfan lol, you can thank jan for that.

Dosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 09:42 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
This is how it is. Flames couldn't sign Erixon. They traded him to us. Erixon has a GREAT shot at making our team out of camp. Feaster is just a sour grape and has a stick stuck up his rear end. We saw the quotes that Feaster made, saying that Tortorella's camps are like hell basically, and that Erixon will have to go thru a ******** in order to make this team. Like I said, Feaster is just taking a shot at Erixon. I too hope Erixon wins a couple Norris Trophiees, not only to stick it to the Flames and Feaster, but to help us win some Cups!

Staal-Girardi
Sauer-McDonagh
Del Zotto/Eminger-Erixon

Hope that answered your question. Feaster is a tool.
Is Erixon a right handed Defenseman or can he play the right side. If he can, the third pairing could be MDZ and Erixon.

Do we have enough cap space for both players to make the team?

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Is Erixon a right handed Defenseman or can he play the right side. If he can, the third pairing could be MDZ and Erixon.

Do we have enough cap space for both players to make the team?
He is a left handed D man that can play the right side as far as I know. I know he played right side on the power play in Skelleftea. Only reason I said DZ/Eminger is because DZ is still a big question mark as to making the team out of camp.

Right now we have 1.365 million in cap space. For Erixon (1.75 mil) and DZ (about 1 mil) to play, we would have to send down either Zucc or Avery. So yes, we can roster both of them, but at the expense of Avery or Zucc being sent down.

Old
09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Not sure what mistake Feaster made. From all reports, Erixon didn't want to play for the Flames. If that's the case, Feaster needs to deal him and get the best package he can. Whether the Rangers were that best offer or not is one thing. But he had to trade him.

09-04-2011, 10:31 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
He is a left handed D man that can play the right side as far as I know. I know he played right side on the power play in Skelleftea. Only reason I said DZ/Eminger is because DZ is still a big question mark as to making the team out of camp.

Right now we have 1.365 million in cap space. For Erixon (1.75 mil) and DZ (about 1 mil) to play, we would have to send down either Zucc or Avery. So yes, we can roster both of them, but at the expense of Avery or Zucc being sent down.
Sending down Christensen works as well

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Sending down Christensen works as well
Sending down EC only gives us about 2.2 million. Erixon and DZ combined are about 2.7 million. So that doesn't work.

Old
09-04-2011, 10:51 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Not sure what mistake Feaster made. From all reports, Erixon didn't want to play for the Flames. If that's the case, Feaster needs to deal him and get the best package he can. Whether the Rangers were that best offer or not is one thing. But he had to trade him.
It will be interesting to find the real reasons why Erixon didn't want to play with the Flames. Don't the Rangers have a better defense and more depth than the Flames?

Erixon has that much power to force Feaster to trade him?

This is what makes Sather a shrewd GM, his trades are off the charts great!

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Even if so, it's senseless to bash him and say he won't make the team. He's just mad either way.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote