HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top 5 Sabres prospects

Old
09-04-2011, 02:33 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Top 5 Sabres prospects

http://thehockeywriters.com/buffalo-...p-5-prospects/

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
It will be difficult for Adam to crack the lineup with the current logjam up the middle in the Sabres depth chart.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:26 PM
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Thanks for saving me the trouble of reading it.

BackGroundMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:31 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Completely forgot Connolly was signed by Toronto. But even so, doesn't the team have Roy, Gaustad, Hecht, and Boyes (who was moved to center)?

Old
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Jeremy2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Completely forgot Connolly was signed by Toronto. But even so, doesn't the team have Roy, Gaustad, Hecht, and Boyes (who was moved to center)?
You can scratch Boyes.

Jeremy2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Boyes is headed back to wing. Leino will play center.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:34 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy2020 View Post
You can scratch Boyes.
Boyes and Hecht aren't natural centers; they're both better wingers. They only played center last year because of our complete LACK of depth up the middle.

Boyes is slotted as a winger for this year (him playing center was a complete disaster), with Leino actually being penciled in as the #2 center, while if Adam is NHL ready, he will be the #3 center with Hecht moving to the wing somewhere, quite possibly as Adam's LW'er.

jflory81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
Our current center situation looks like:

Roy
Leino
Hecht
Goose

Depending on who goes down...Adams may be our first call up.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:36 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
Our current center situation looks like:

Roy
Leino
Hecht
Goose

Depending on who goes down...Adams may be our first call up.
If that is the case, was my assessment of Adams having a difficult time cracking the lineup at the center position wrong?

Old
09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
If that is the case, was my assessment of Adams having a difficult time cracking the lineup at the center position wrong?
Because Hecht is still more comfortable as a winger. If Adam earns a spot in camp, Hecht will likely shift to LW, which would create a line of Hecht-Adam-Boyes, which would keep together what was a very effective 4th line for us last year in Gerbe-Gaustad-Kaleta

jflory81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Dubi Doo

vCash: 2225
Quote:
I wouldn't say that's wrong, but you're reasoning was wrong. We don't have center depth. We have forward depth. (Wingers)

He has a chance of making the line up. I just think Hecht will be there to start the season, as I see Adams still a half season or full season away from being ready.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Absolutely not, Adam definitely has the best shot out of all our prospects to make it onto the roster. But to say that we have a glut of centers is so far from the truth made me .

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:25 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Having 4 players that can play the center position is hardly a "logjam up the middle in the Sabres depth chart".

The fact that Adam is a natural center is likely to make it easier for him to crack the line up than any other forward prospect.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:42 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

And if Adam makes the lineup out of camp, our center situation is worse than I thought. So far the limited times I've seen Luke Adam play he DOES NOT impress me ... at. all. Yuk, no thanks. I would love for him to blow the coaches away and make it almost impossible to deny him a spot. Like Ennis and Gerbe did. And to a lesser degree Enroth has. So far I have major doubts about Adam. Just my O.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:08 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
Quote:
Though it would have been nice for the Wild to pick Armia at 10th overall to pair him up alongside fellow Finn, Mikael Granlund
Why is this even in the article?

enrothorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:26 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
And if Adam makes the lineup out of camp, our center situation is worse than I thought. So far the limited times I've seen Luke Adam play he DOES NOT impress me ... at. all. Yuk, no thanks. I would love for him to blow the coaches away and make it almost impossible to deny him a spot. Like Ennis and Gerbe did. And to a lesser degree Enroth has. So far I have major doubts about Adam. Just my O.
What did he do that was so bad?
He was a 20 year old first year pro and most of his recall time came when the team was playing like total ****.
As a rookie in the AHL, he nearly hit 30 goals, was over a PPG player, and won the AHL rookie of the year award.
He also put up 3 less points than Ennis did in his rookie season while playing 12 games less.

Having seen your previous posts regarding prospects though, this is totally unsurprising to see.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Husko

Also, Gragani probably won't be starting.

Husko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
What did he do that was so bad?
He was a 20 year old first year pro and most of his recall time came when the team was playing like total ****.
As a rookie in the AHL, he nearly hit 30 goals, was over a PPG player, and won the AHL rookie of the year award.
He also put up 3 less points than Ennis did in his rookie season while playing 12 games less.

Having seen your previous posts regarding prospects though, this is totally unsurprising to see.
Without regurgitating stats to make my opinion easier to swallow for you, I was impressed when I saw Ennis and Gerbe called up. I was impressed when Roy and Pominville were called up. I was impressed with a lot of past prospects who have made the team. So the blanket statement about me not liking prospects is ignorant. I find it exhausting to pick apart shift by shift, game by game, or dissecting every little stat and studying it under a microscope. I just am not impressed SO FAR with Adam. Again, so far.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:51 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husko View Post
Also, Gragani probably won't be starting.
He thoroughly impressed me during the first round of the playoffs against the Flyers. I actually thought he was one of the best players on the ice for the Sabres throughout that matchup. Figured Sabres fans, Lindy Ruff, and upper management thought likewise.

Old
09-05-2011, 06:57 AM
ct2111

Quote:
He thoroughly impressed me during the first round of the playoffs against the Flyers. I actually thought he was one of the best players on the ice for the Sabres throughout that matchup. Figured Sabres fans, Lindy Ruff, and upper management thought likewise.
If management were really that high on him, they wouldn't have left his signing to be the last one of the RFAs and given Sekera a 4-year deal. Ffs they wouldn't have given him a two-way deal, considering he needs to clear waivers anyways (and imo very likely to be claimed).

Right now there's no spot for him in the starting lineup. Myers, Regehr, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sekera and Weber are all in the depth chart in front of him imo.

Last edited by ct2111: 09-05-2011 at 07:02 AM.
ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 08:07 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
Everyone agrees that he was very impressive during the Flyers series. That doesn't guarantee that he'll start on opening night. He'll most likely be waiting for an injury or for Sekera to find his way into the dog house.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 09:59 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
He is very clearly the #7 right now.

(pairings subject to change every period)
Regehr-Myers
Leopold-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Weber

Gragnani isn't better than any of those 6.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Smitzo4221

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post

Regehr-Myers
Leopold-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Weber

I think Grags has a better skill set than Weber and may very well be better but we need Webers grit in the line up.

Smitzo4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 10:40 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSwords View Post

Regehr-Myers
Leopold-Ehrhoff
Sekera-Weber

While that is true at the moment, I could see him coming in and having a great Training Camp and moving up the Depth Chart past Reggie, maybe even Weber if he doesn't continue his consistency. Unlikely, yes. Impossible, no ..

OT: Is Leopolds deal up this summer or next?

As for the arcticle I thought it was good just a few minor nitpicks, Center Depth and Grags would certainly be in the Top 6 if they weren't able to come to terms with Sekera..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
He will definitely be with the team and it's likely he'll get a good amount of playing time, but one playoff series isn't enough for him to start over the other guys. It's totally possible that he could do that over the course of the season, though.

But yeah, I think we were all very impressed with his showing in the Flyers series.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote