HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Keeper League - Opinions wanted

Old
09-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Halifax Hellfish

vCash: 500
Keeper League - Opinions wanted

Who would you change for who and why?
It is a 10 team keeper league
Here is my list of the ten forwards I have chosen:

Zach Parise
Joe Thornton
Ryan Getzlaf
Phil Kessel
David Backes
James Neal
Mike Camalleri
James Van Riemsdyk
Marian Gaborik
Bobby Ryan

These guys will be dropped

Brooks Laich
Johan Franzen
Thomas Vanek
Simon Gagne

Thank you

Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
callan819

honestly it looks good except i think the weak link is james neal but besides him well done

callan819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:21 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Keep Vanek over Backes, JVR, Neal and Cammi (probably want to remove Neal)

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:26 PM
Thesubbanfan
Rookie User

Dont listen to the other posts keep Neal he'll be on a line with either Crosby, Malkin, or Stall which is a recipe for succes no matter who the player is. Neal also has a lot of upside and will look to improve over multiple seasons in Pitt, keep Neal.

Thesubbanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:17 PM
FromChaos22

I'd for sure keep Vanek over Phil Kessel,David Backes, James Neal, and Mike Cammalleri

FromChaos22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Legendary319

Drop Backes...he peaked this year and with the emergence of Stewart and Berglund along with guys like Oshie, McDonald, and Arnott plus Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo both running the top PP unit up top he will be hard pressed to even get a sniff on the STL top PP unit. His value peaked last season where as Vanek will get top 6 and top PP time on a strong Buffalo squad and have his #1 center in Roy back healthy this season, unlike last year where he still managed to pot 73 points. Vanek over Backes and you win your league as you have a very strong squad across the board.

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Halifax Hellfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary319 View Post
Drop Backes...he peaked this year and with the emergence of Stewart and Berglund along with guys like Oshie, McDonald, and Arnott plus Shattenkirk and Pietrangelo both running the top PP unit up top he will be hard pressed to even get a sniff on the STL top PP unit. His value peaked last season where as Vanek will get top 6 and top PP time on a strong Buffalo squad and have his #1 center in Roy back healthy this season, unlike last year where he still managed to pot 73 points. Vanek over Backes and you win your league as you have a very strong squad across the board.
We reward PIM, so Backes will always have those but i factored in some hits to his production based on the above and he would drop from 13 best to 110th best forward in the league going into 2011-2012, your analysis is definitely noted.

But will it happen??
Thanks

Anyone Else??

Last edited by Halifax Hellfish: 09-06-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Halifax Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 07:04 AM
ct2111

I don't get why someone would keep Cammalleri or Neal over Vanek. Other than that it looks good.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Legendary319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifax Hellfish View Post
We reward PIM, so Backes will always have those but i factored in some hits to his production based on the above and he would drop from 13 best to 110th best forward in the league going into 2011-2012, your analysis is definitely noted.

But will it happen??
Thanks

Anyone Else??
He will also likely be given the C qwhich has a tendency to decrease PIM production due to taking slightly more compusure as opposed to dumb penalties...this has been a consistent phenomena over the year with people gaining the cpataincy only to decrease PIM's...Getzlaf is a recent example as I own him in my keeper myself. Backes will never do better than what he's done the past year or two and will be right in the 50-55 range plus maybe 60-100 PIM so that's where i'd value him if I were you. Stewart is a great PIM points combo so if you could take Backes and Vanek for instance and get Stewart you'd be very well off and end up with the best individual player of the 3 for your last keeper slot. Jamie Been and Evander Kane will also be amazing PIM-Points combos and likely better than Stewart and attainable right now for a Backes-Vanek package so i'd look into that as well with the intention of landing one of E.Kane, Benn, or C.Stewart in that order for your Backes-Vanek package.

Legendary319 is offline   Reply With Quote