HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-nyr

Closed Thread

Old
09-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Eskimo44

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
Oilers 2597 Shots against
Lundqvist
0.923 = 200 goals against based on him playing an 82 game season for the Oilers.
Dubnyk
0.916 = 219 goals against based on him playing an 82 game season for the Oilers.

So at most there is a 19 goal spread. Of course this would be lower as a backup probably would play 20 or so games.

Pretty sure Hall can make up the 20 something goal differential that Lundqvist would get.

Goalies aren't just enough a hot commodity to give up a player of Hall's ilk for.

Pass.
I guess your cool for more than just your avatar.lol

That's the point i was trying to make

Old
09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Oilmageddon*
What are you hearing

You could not find one NHL player coach gm or scout that would say Hall could be a flop after his rookie season and if anybody thinks this have never watched him for more than 10 minutes he was the best player on the ice bar none in games leading up to his injury looking like he had been in the league for 10 years. To try and say he could still be a flop is moronic at best.

Old
09-12-2011, 01:25 AM
Isles_Guy*

Send a message via Yahoo to Isles_Guy*
Quote:
Originally Posted by newoilburnsclean View Post
You could not find one NHL player coach gm or scout that would say Hall could be a flop after his rookie season and if anybody thinks this have never watched him for more than 10 minutes he was the best player on the ice bar none in games leading up to his injury looking like he had been in the league for 10 years. To try and say he could still be a flop is moronic at best.
nobody is saying Hall is a Flop. its just another way of expressing that you need to let him earn his stripes before you compare him to ovechkin, is it really that difficult?

Old
09-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Can't see the rangers trading Lundqvist, he's like their only good player

Old
09-12-2011, 08:13 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
How do you know Ovechkin bounces back? How do you know how good Hall will be? How do you know Ovechkin won't get hurt, or regress for other reasons? Tiger Woods went from the best in the world to an afterthough in a very quick time. Nobody knows what the future holds. The sky's the limit for Hall, he most definitely could be the best LW in the league for a significant number of years.
Cool story bro. Ovechkin's already in the stratosphere. Call me when Hall gets close.

If the sky is the limit for Hall, Ovechkin's on Mars.

Old
09-12-2011, 08:20 AM
BPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
When someone starts making personal insinuations about another, he's a troll.

He's almost certainly not going to be Daigle, this guy is driven to be a hockey player.

My argument is the differnce between Lundqvist and Dubnyk isn't Hall. I'm not saying Dubnyk is as good or close to Lundqvist. And Dubnyk has only ever been a game saver, he's had to play on a lot of bad teams. He's a big part of Edmonton's hope for the future. His stamina isn't an issue, he's been a workhorse everywhere else.

Very good players are traded for less all the time. What did Pronger get the last 3 teams to trade him? It wasn't a Hall. And it wasn't something like Hemsky, Gagner, Hartikainen, Peckham, Dubnyk, and a 1st. I'm not saying Edmonton should go after Lundqvist, or NY should trade him. I've been arguing:

a) Lundqvist isn't worth either package, as no team could give that up for 3 years of a goalie.

b) Our players aren't garbage, and i'm arguing for their worth.

c) Dubnyk is a quality bet for longterm stability in net for the Oilers.

d) Hall is a franchise player, under team control for a long time. That's worth a lot.

I'm not arguing for:

a) A trade

b) Dubnyk being equal or near equal to Lundqvist in established ability.

c) Hall is as good as Ovechkin, or a sure thing to be better in the future.
Pronger was dealt for Joffrey Lupul - at the time a pretty high end commodity - Luca Sbisa - first round pick - and TWO MORE 1sts. That's a near-ludicrous package for a 34 year old defender, and given the ebbs and flows of the Flyers in the prior years, it was a decent shot at 2 top 15 picks for the Ducks.

You should also review your arguments - I don't think you're terribly clear as to what you're arguing, and if you think you are, perhaps you should be more careful with how you choose your words - since you've managed to either imply or state directly at the very least B and C in your "not arguing" list, and have implied that Taylor Hall might turn ice into sangria and feed the impoverished.

Old
09-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Trebek
Mod Supervisor

Closed. Still can't figure out why no one reported the shenanigans that were going on here.

Closed Thread