HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Team Autographed Item Suggestions

Old
09-04-2011, 10:00 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Team Autographed Item Suggestions

I have a few opportunities this year to get something autographed by the entire team. I'm trying to think of something unusual to do. Last year I just went with a mini-helmet, and while it was ok, it wasn't really something that started any conversation or felt unique in any way.

Curious what kinds of good, original ideas you have seen people use for this sort of thing that displayed really well or made you wish you had thought of that, etc. Thanks.

and yes, I'm aware, there are dozens of jokes that could come out of this, but help a guy out and at least give one serious suggestion for every joke.

Old
09-04-2011, 10:10 PM
JackFr

vCash: 500
Your ****.

Or a hockey stick.

JackFr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 10:18 PM
PredsChik

The Preds do a Meet the Team party every year which is just a giant team autograph session for full season ticket holders. In the past, I've had a couple of posters signed, a ball cap, and a hockey stick.

I'm a pack rat and save newspapers from memorable games and had all of the papers collected from our first playoff series win this past playoffs. We bought a giant canvas and decoupaged all the articles and pictures from them and stenciled song lyrics from the song they used through out the playoffs. It looks pretty cool. We plan on getting the team to sign it, I'm really excited to hear the reactions from the players.

I've also seen people bring mats for picture frames to get signatures on then put around a favorite picture of the team or a game.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Bergeron47

When I got Oil autographs, I'd get 7 or 8 of them sign an 8x10 photo of the team logo. I just googled 'Oilers wallpaper' and found some nice designs there.

Another time at the rookie camp I made a page on windows paint with a small Oilers logo in the middle and the year underneath it and then randomly typed each player's name in light grey all over the page, and got the players to sign over their names. I had a blue and an orange sharpie (oilers colors). I framed it and it looked sweet

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Fight Strap

How about a golf ball, im sure the players will get it.

Fight Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:20 AM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 133
Jersey or puck is my item of choice

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:23 AM
Surstromming

Take up embroidery and make a picture of your team with your favorite colors. Get them to sign this. Chances are they've never seen anything like this before, they'll shower you with love and praise, and it will last forever.

Surstromming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

If you're a CBJ fan op get them to sign a mini cannon model. That'd be unique and make sense considering the team.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 01:31 AM
oats
outshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
If you're a CBJ fan op get them to sign a mini cannon model. That'd be unique and make sense considering the team.
That would be sweet. I got the Oilers to sign a mini-stick and the Preds to sign my mustard third jersey.

oats is offline   Reply With Quote