HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If There's A Lockout...

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2004, 09:29 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
If There's A Lockout...

Do you suppose MSG will televise more WolfPack games?

I would hope so.

Old
08-13-2004, 10:34 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor

I would hope so.

I guess it would depend on if they think they can get enough revenue to cover the production costs.

Considering they keep laying off most of their MSG work force, in regards to Hockey, I won't hold my breath..

Old
08-13-2004, 10:41 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I guess it would depend on if they think they can get enough revenue to cover the production costs.

Considering they keep laying off most of their MSG work force, in regards to Hockey, I won't hold my breath..
Maybe they'll produce a "Highlights of The Last Seven Years". That oughta be sufficient for a 30 minute show.

Old
08-13-2004, 11:28 AM
Fletch

MSG would have to find something...

for the 60-82 games a season it televises. Perhaps we'd see some more college too, who knows. I'm not very well-versed in the economics of attaining the broadcasting rights and the profit model (well, familiar with the model, just don't know how the numbers work and what makes sense). Probably get to see more friggin' poke-her.

Old
08-14-2004, 02:20 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
for the 60-82 games a season it televises. Perhaps we'd see some more college too, who knows. I'm not very well-versed in the economics of attaining the broadcasting rights and the profit model (well, familiar with the model, just don't know how the numbers work and what makes sense). Probably get to see more friggin' poke-her.
82x3, if you count the devils and fishies...
maybe "classic" ranger games? maybe they could just reshow the 93-94 season in its entirety...

Old
08-14-2004, 02:49 AM
Edge

They'll probably do something like they did 10 years ago. Show some minor league games, some best of and other hockey related programs.

I remember that 94-95 lockout.

I watched a game between the Binghamtom Rangers and Rochester Americans. A line brawl broke out, everyone fighting on the ice for like 10 minutes.

Anyone know what game i am talking about and the parties involved. He didn't fight, but I know Hirsch was in net.

I wanna say Barnaby was involved as well.

Old
08-14-2004, 08:22 AM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor

I would hope so.
"If it dont im **%Ked ill be stuck watching, i dont even know. Hopefully MSG will play hrtfd wolf pack games. "

i tink thats what i said on the thread that there might be no hcokey..ideas, ideas..people should use there own

Old
08-14-2004, 02:15 PM
NYR469

if they don't think that the wolfpack will get enough ratings to make it worth it financially, it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just replay old stuff--either classic games or replay the same shows over and over (which no one watches anyway)

i'm hoping to see more pack games and also plan to make more trips to hartford during a lockout, but i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them on msg...while it would be a smart move by the rangers to use the opportunity to get everyone pumped up about the kids before they hit the nhl, the last 7 years have shown the dolan doesn't really care about making fans happy

Closed Thread