HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Football > Fantasy Football
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Start/Sit week 1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-07-2011, 09:40 PM
  #26
HopefulCoach
Registered User
 
HopefulCoach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
should I start BenJarvus Green-Ellis against Miami or DeAngelo Williams against Arizona?

HopefulCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 10:44 PM
  #27
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
#NoHonorForConnor
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 21,939
vCash: 500
WR:
WR:
WR/TE:

Mike Williams
Santonio Holmes
Steve Johnson
Mike Sims-Walker
Jason Witten
Vernon Davis

Which players should I start? I can only use one of my tight ends.

__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:11 PM
  #28
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
WR:
WR:
WR/TE:

Mike Williams
Santonio Holmes
Steve Johnson
Mike Sims-Walker
Jason Witten
Vernon Davis

Which players should I start? I can only use one of my tight ends.
Definitely Williams, then probably Stevie Johnson and Witten. I see Romo leaning on him a lot vs. the Jets. Holmes would be the next guy I'd play but that depends on how much faith you have in Sanchez.

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:13 PM
  #29
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,395
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
should I start BenJarvus Green-Ellis against Miami or DeAngelo Williams against Arizona?
DeAngelo. Arizona's run defense was 30th in the league last season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
WR:
WR:
WR/TE:

Mike Williams
Santonio Holmes
Steve Johnson
Mike Sims-Walker
Jason Witten
Vernon Davis

Which players should I start? I can only use one of my tight ends.
I'd use Johnson, Williams, Davis. Seattle's coverage linebackers are nothing special and Davis could have a great game. Definitely not Sims-Walker as Asomugha will be on him all day.


Now for the help I need, 2 Q/W/R/T spots:

Need two of these.

Owen Daniels, Kenny Britt, Reggie Bush, James Jones, Jason Campbell


Last edited by Live in the Now: 09-07-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:13 AM
  #30
oileral
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Another year fellas!

Curious which THREE out of the FOUR WR's you'd choose for this week.
DeSean Jackson @ StL
Mario Manningham @ Was
Marques Colston @ GB
Dwayne Bowe vs BUF

also have Donald Driver and Eddie Royal.

PS I drafted 8th, in a 10 team league, snaking...Thought I did pretty well, the rest of my team:
QB: Eli Manning, Sam Bradford.
WR: all listed above.
RB: LeSean McCoy, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Mathews, Ryan Torain, Dexter McCluster, Tashard Choice.
TE: Owen Daniels, Zach Miller
K: Nate Kaeding
DEF: NYJ
then a whole bunch of defensive players.

oileral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM
  #31
vendetta
#CatsAreComing
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oileral View Post
Another year fellas!

Curious which THREE out of the FOUR WR's you'd choose for this week.
DeSean Jackson @ StL
Mario Manningham @ Was
Marques Colston @ GB
Dwayne Bowe vs BUF

also have Donald Driver and Eddie Royal.

PS I drafted 8th, in a 10 team league, snaking...Thought I did pretty well, the rest of my team:
QB: Eli Manning, Sam Bradford.
WR: all listed above.
RB: LeSean McCoy, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Ryan Mathews, Ryan Torain, Dexter McCluster, Tashard Choice.
TE: Owen Daniels, Zach Miller
K: Nate Kaeding
DEF: NYJ
then a whole bunch of defensive players.
jackson manningham bowe

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:11 PM
  #32
kosy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Recently made a trade that changes my line up pretty drastically (got Forte+Britt for A Bradshaw and Sidney Rice, feel very good about it).
Leaves me with a Q at WR. Start 3.
Andre Johnson (definitely starting)
Kenny Britt
Mario Manningham
Stevie Johnson
Percy Harvin

And I doubt a left over receiver will be a better option than Moreno at flex.

kosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:37 PM
  #33
vendetta
#CatsAreComing
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosy View Post
Recently made a trade that changes my line up pretty drastically (got Forte+Britt for A Bradshaw and Sidney Rice, feel very good about it).
Leaves me with a Q at WR. Start 3.
Andre Johnson (definitely starting)
Kenny Britt
Mario Manningham
Stevie Johnson
Percy Harvin

And I doubt a left over receiver will be a better option than Moreno at flex.
manningham is a must start every week, and i would take johnson until u see how britt and hassie play together

vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
  #34
mpleafan
Registered User
 
mpleafan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 909
vCash: 500
ight who to start in flex position?
Brandon Marshall vs NE
OR
Cedric Benson vs CLE
THANKS!

mpleafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 07:05 PM
  #35
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosy View Post
Start 3.
Andre Johnson (definitely starting)
Kenny Britt
Mario Manningham
Stevie Johnson
Percy Harvin
I really like those receivers. Manningham, Harvin, and Stevie Johnson all went pretty late in drafts, and all could easily put up 1,000 and 8 or so TDs. Britt easily could too but there are more question marks there. First week I'd go with the three that were mentioned, but I could see this being a tough decision for you as the season progresses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpleafan View Post
ight who to start in flex position?
Brandon Marshall vs NE
OR
Cedric Benson vs CLE
THANKS!
PPR league I'd go Marshall, and non-PPR league I'd go Benson.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 08:54 PM
  #36
La Cosa Nostra
Eichel welcome 2 BUF
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
Benjarvus Green Ellis, Beanie Wells or Jonathan Stewart?Only get one

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:47 PM
  #37
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
LeGarrette Blount, Shonn Green, Reggie Bush. PPR league, pick 2

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:48 PM
  #38
Hot Carlson
Registered User
 
Hot Carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Benjarvus Green Ellis, Beanie Wells or Jonathan Stewart?Only get one
Beanie

Hot Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:56 PM
  #39
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 50
Sanchez vs. Dallas (SNF) OR Roethlisberger @ Baltimore?


Who do I Start between:

Knowshon Moreno vs. Oakland (MNF)
Mike Williams(TB) vs. Detroit

Thanks

Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 02:28 PM
  #40
Cu Culann
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Flex spot: Ryan Matthews, Lee Evans, AJ Green, Fred Jackson

0.5 point per reception. I'm not very confident in any of them, took too many fliers. But the rest of my team is solid.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 03:40 PM
  #41
Scotianhab
Registered User
 
Scotianhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,760
vCash: 500
I need to choose a WR between

Lee Evans vs the Steelers or
Andre Roberts vs the Panthers.

Scotianhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 03:42 PM
  #42
BGDDYKWL
Registered User
 
BGDDYKWL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddieBisco View Post
Benjarvus Green Ellis, Beanie Wells or Jonathan Stewart?Only get one
Tough call between Law Firm and Beanie. I like Beanie a lot this year, and it's a juicy matchup, but I could easily see Green Ellis going for like 80 and a TD. I think Ellis is the slightly safer play, but I'd go Beanie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Carlson View Post
LeGarrette Blount, Shonn Green, Reggie Bush. PPR league, pick 2
I like Blount over Greene for sure. I think in a full point per reception league (especially with Daniel Thomas with a bum hamstring) I'd go Bush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
Sanchez vs. Dallas (SNF) OR Roethlisberger @ Baltimore?


Who do I Start between:

Knowshon Moreno vs. Oakland (MNF)
Mike Williams(TB) vs. Detroit

Thanks
I'm just not sold on Sanchez so I'd go Ben. Word today is Knowshon and McGahee is a timeshare. I don't buy it, but it's still not what you wanna hear. If it's a PPR league I'd go Williams, if not, Knowshon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
Flex spot: Ryan Matthews, Lee Evans, AJ Green, Fred Jackson

0.5 point per reception. I'm not very confident in any of them, took too many fliers. But the rest of my team is solid.
Gotta go Mathews or Jackson. I'd go Mathews.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 05:25 PM
  #43
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 40,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotianhab View Post
I need to choose a WR between

Lee Evans vs the Steelers or
Andre Roberts vs the Panthers.
Evans. Tougher matchup, but I can't see much production from Roberts. He's at best the #3 on that team. (and with Heap, #4 option).

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:56 AM
  #44
danroy
Registered User
 
danroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 269
Country: United States
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
miles austin v Jets
or
kenny britt v Jags

normally i go Austin but he's got some hammy issues right now and not sure who revis is gonna play on. I do have dez bryant too

danroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:18 AM
  #45
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 10,139
vCash: 500
Flex spot in a non-ppr:

Julio Jones v. Chicago

OR

Plax vs. Cowboys

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:25 AM
  #46
danroy
Registered User
 
danroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 269
Country: United States
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
plax for sure

danroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
  #47
NJ_CATS_FAN
We Suck Yet Again
 
NJ_CATS_FAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: N.J.
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Flex spot in a non-ppr:

Julio Jones v. Chicago

OR

Plax vs. Cowboys
Quote:
Originally Posted by danroy View Post
plax for sure
No way. Julio for sure.

NJ_CATS_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:34 AM
  #48
danroy
Registered User
 
danroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 269
Country: United States
Posts: 441
vCash: 500
Dallas defense is hurting right now especially without Newman. Julio has the higher ceiling for today, but I'd count on Plax for atleast one touchdown.

danroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:09 AM
  #49
BlueBlood17
Registered User
 
BlueBlood17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Greece
Posts: 1,633
vCash: 500
Help me out guys...I need to pick ONE of the following as my Flex:

Jones, Thomas KCC RB vs BUF Sun 1:00 p.m.
Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB @ARI Sun 4:15 p.m.
Ward, Derrick HOU RB vs IND Sun 1:00 p.m.
Collie, Austin IND WR @HOU Sun 1:00 p.m.
Williams, Roy CHI WR vs ATL Sun 1:00 p.m.

It's a non-PPR, standard 10yds rush/rec =1pt, TD=6pts

Thanks!!!

BlueBlood17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
  #50
Scharnhorst
Registered User
 
Scharnhorst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
Mike Tolbert or Ahmad Bradshaw?

Scharnhorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.