HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XIX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

vCash: 500
Well, it's good to know I'm not crazy!

Old
11-10-2011, 03:42 PM
BluejacketNut

Or how bout just allergic reaction to things. Ruptured the disc in my lower back last year, but only took advil for the pain. Come around March of this year, started noticing my lips swelling up...after a couple times traced it down to the advil (never took more then 6 in a day, 8 can be taken). So after researching and thinking it may just be the dye in the gel caps, tried generic Meijer ibuprofen.....same results. DAMN! Fast forward to this weekend, in a nasty fall in my game on Sunday, split my elbow open through my elbow pad (damn ice is hard!) and end up getting 5 stitches. So decide to take some Bayer aspirin since Tylenol did nothing for the pain....same results as the ibuprofen! So now I appear to be allergic to something in both ibuprofen and aspirin, 2 of the main things for common aches and pains! Will talk with my doctor when I get the stitches removed, but damn, WTF?!

Old
11-10-2011, 04:00 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Or how bout just allergic reaction to things. Ruptured the disc in my lower back last year, but only took advil for the pain. Come around March of this year, started noticing my lips swelling up...after a couple times traced it down to the advil (never took more then 6 in a day, 8 can be taken). So after researching and thinking it may just be the dye in the gel caps, tried generic Meijer ibuprofen.....same results. DAMN! Fast forward to this weekend, in a nasty fall in my game on Sunday, split my elbow open through my elbow pad (damn ice is hard!) and end up getting 5 stitches. So decide to take some Bayer aspirin since Tylenol did nothing for the pain....same results as the ibuprofen! So now I appear to be allergic to something in both ibuprofen and aspirin, 2 of the main things for common aches and pains! Will talk with my doctor when I get the stitches removed, but damn, WTF?!
Just means you'll be getting the good stuff, instead.

Old
11-10-2011, 04:47 PM
BluejacketNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
Just means you'll be getting the good stuff, instead.
Im definitely not a fan of the heavy stuff...kind of scary ***** if you get hooked on it....hence only taking advil for a ruptured disc ....and who knows, may be allergic to those as well!

Old
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...ainst-suicide/

Quote:
“Although only 1 percent of Americans have served in the military, former service members represent 20 percent of suicides in the United States”
If there's someone in your life who has been to hell on earth and back, take some time to recognize them tomorrow.

Old
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

a sobering stat...its very important to recognize current and vets tomorrow...

Old
11-10-2011, 07:14 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
Im definitely not a fan of the heavy stuff...kind of scary ***** if you get hooked on it....hence only taking advil for a ruptured disc ....and who knows, may be allergic to those as well!
A couple of months ago I had an I-beam come down on my foot at work. Hurt like hell, but I walked it off, kept working and figured it would be alright in a few days. A week later, it was close to excruciating and I'm gimping around work like a guy who just had a hip replacement. So I finally went to a doc.
After barely touching it, taking a few x-rays, then giving me a prescription for prednisone, I asked him if I could have something for the pain. He actually asked me if I had tried ibuprofen? (lol) Yeah, doc, I'm gobbling them like pez and it's barely making a dent. I'm on my feet all day, and taking off work isn't a great option. Help a guy out, will ya?
So he gives me some big spiel about pain pill abuse and how he's always hesitant to prescribe them and yadda yadda yadda. I'm like...Doc, I've been to the doctor's office twice in the last seven years, you know, I'm hardly a junkie...
So he keeps hem-hawing around and I finally get pissed and said "Look, man, I'm in friggin' agony here. Either you prescribe me something or I'll running down to Sullivant Avenue to find me a gram of heroin. Either way, I'm not going to hobble around in pain all day if I've got other options.
Oh, the look on his face was priceless.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
A couple of months ago I had an I-beam come down on my foot at work. Hurt like hell, but I walked it off, kept working and figured it would be alright in a few days. A week later, it was close to excruciating and I'm gimping around work like a guy who just had a hip replacement. So I finally went to a doc.
After barely touching it, taking a few x-rays, then giving me a prescription for prednisone, I asked him if I could have something for the pain. He actually asked me if I had tried ibuprofen? (lol) Yeah, doc, I'm gobbling them like pez and it's barely making a dent. I'm on my feet all day, and taking off work isn't a great option. Help a guy out, will ya?
So he gives me some big spiel about pain pill abuse and how he's always hesitant to prescribe them and yadda yadda yadda. I'm like...Doc, I've been to the doctor's office twice in the last seven years, you know, I'm hardly a junkie...
So he keeps hem-hawing around and I finally get pissed and said "Look, man, I'm in friggin' agony here. Either you prescribe me something or I'll running down to Sullivant Avenue to find me a gram of heroin. Either way, I'm not going to hobble around in pain all day if I've got other options.
Oh, the look on his face was priceless.
Don't ever go back to that quack, again. The modern view of pain management is to stay ahead of it by taking meds as soon as you feel the pain. Wait until you really hurt and the meds are much less effective. You can't heal properly if you're in too much pain to rehab or even rest. Worrying about addiction is rediculous, just follow proper procedures and you'll be fine.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:21 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

That's good advice, Pete. He did eventually write me up something, and a few weeks later I was back to normal.
I just thought it was crazy I had to make silly threats. Understandably, prescription drugs have gotten to be a real issue on the black market, but when a guy pulls his work boot off and the top of his foot looks like a Canadian sunrise, he might not be faking....

Old
11-12-2011, 03:10 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

So beautiful:

and this:

Old
11-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht

Old
11-13-2011, 12:18 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
Josh... where is your heart... in the U.S.A., Austria or Germany?

Old
11-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Since this is primarily an entertainment thread I thought I would share this...

Jimmy Fallon was on Letterman tonight, I’ve always watched Fallon’s late show but when he did Neil Young and Bob Dylan on the Letterman Show tonight I was amazed…

He’s making a name for himself and this recent clip of him doing Jim Morrison (Reading Rainbow) on his own show is close to going viral imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnokPYL1FCA

This guy is going to be a big time star if not already, book it.

Old
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I like it:

Old
11-21-2011, 10:20 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Minot, North Dakota - Joshjoshjosh has officially declared war on the occupants of the downstairs unit of the apartment building where he resides at 2200 hrs this evening.

Repeated occasions where said occupants have left their clothes in the washer for extended periods of time or in some rare cases in excess of 24 hours has been cited as the main reason. Sanctions in the form of politely written notes have so far failed.

Shortly after the formal declaration of war Josh removed the clothes from the washer and laid them on the doormat of the occupant's entrance, still wet. When asked why he didn't just put the clothes in the washer he replied: "They've had the same load in the dryer all day too."

Juvenile escalation is said to be expected if the conflict is not resolved quickly. With temps below zero already in the books this winter intelligence indicates a willingness on Josh's behalf to exercise the nuclear option, letting the neighbor's wet clothes freeze outside.

Josh is apparently unafraid of reprisals. "I'm not worried about payback because I'm a ****ing adult and I stay on top of my laundry."

Old
11-30-2011, 02:44 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Do you remember? Old but great

Old
12-01-2011, 05:30 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Since this is primarily an entertainment thread I thought I would share this...

Jimmy Fallon was on Letterman tonight, I’ve always watched Fallon’s late show but when he did Neil Young and Bob Dylan on the Letterman Show tonight I was amazed…

He’s making a name for himself and this recent clip of him doing Jim Morrison (Reading Rainbow) on his own show is close to going viral imo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnokPYL1FCA

This guy is going to be a big time star if not already, book it.
That's a great clip, Robert.
Why do they have these funny guys on so late?
Never understood that.

Old
12-06-2011, 04:13 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Great video:

Murmuration

http://vimeo.com/31158841

Old
12-07-2011, 06:24 AM
Skraut

http://rockhall.com/inductees

New Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

Still no Rush...

When will Ohio museums respect Canadian artists????

Old
12-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
http://rockhall.com/inductees

New Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductees.

Still no Rush...

When will Ohio museums respect Canadian artists????
You know what it'd take.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
12-07-2011, 04:22 PM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Not a huge fan-boy, but how in the hell is Rush not in the rock'nroll HOF?

Old
12-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew

Old
12-07-2011, 06:29 PM
fox2usp
Inbred Cat

Quote:
Not a huge fan-boy, but how in the hell is Rush not in the rock'nroll HOF?
I'm wondering the same thing.

"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
Old
12-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Robert
BOB

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
That's a great clip, Robert.
Why do they have these funny guys on so late?
Never understood that.
To liberal for the old (and some young) conservative folks who watch TV at 9 pm, take their pills at 9:30 pm and go to bed at 10 pm! lol

Old
12-08-2011, 06:05 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
To liberal for the old (and some young) conservative folks who watch TV at 9 pm, take their pills at 9:30 pm and go to bed at 10 pm! lol
But look at Stewart and Colbert, my favorites. They are on early and even repeated in the a.m.

Colbert would kill Leno, Fallon, and Conan head 2 head.

Closed Thread