HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Lounge XIX (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-01-2012, 06:37 PM
  #501
fox2usp
Inbred Cat
 
fox2usp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pumpkinville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Guam or Ohio? I have 7 days to decide.

__________________
"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 05:07 PM
  #502
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Henryville Ind, 30 miles north of Louisville, was wiped out by a massive F-4 Tornado today, several fatalities. It was a scary day down here today..

Robert is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 05:19 PM
  #503
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 15,957
vCash: 500
F-4? Good lord... Thoughts going out to that community.

blahblah is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 05:29 PM
  #504
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
F-4? Good lord... Thoughts going out to that community.
Ditto

Here it is...


Robert is offline  
Old
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
  #505
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
I can't imagine the terror of seeing that coming towards me. The aftermath photos are gut wrenching.

JF Omalycat is offline  
Old
03-04-2012, 12:56 PM
  #506
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express
 
JF Omalycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 4,313
vCash: 500
And speaking of natural disasters.....

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/

JF Omalycat is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 04:16 AM
  #507
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,864
vCash: 500



Hands of God...

This photo was taken somewhere in Florida in August, 2004 when the hurricane Charley “paid a visit” there. From – http://home.earthlink.net.

mt-svk is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 12:00 PM
  #508
Samkow
Global Moderator
Thug
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Columbus
Country: Colombia
Posts: 12,742
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Don Robinson (better known as Help is on the way) apparently passed away.

High Street just won't be the same.

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 01:44 PM
  #509
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post



Hands of God...

This photo was taken somewhere in Florida in August, 2004 when the hurricane Charley “paid a visit” there. From – http://home.earthlink.net.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/godhands.asp

I would not click on the link to the "shock site" mentioned in the article. Do not do it.

Matthew is online now  
Old
03-10-2012, 09:06 PM
  #510
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
http://www.snopes.com/photos/natural/godhands.asp

I would not click on the link to the "shock site" mentioned in the article. Do not do it.
I remember that site... people on teh internets used to use it like RickRolling, only much more terrible ...yeah I second the motion, don't click that link, especially if you have recently eaten.

Feicht is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 10:00 PM
  #511
SuperGenius
Moderator
For Duty & Humanity!
 
SuperGenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Omalycat View Post
And speaking of natural disasters.....

http://rt.com/news/paint-asteroid-earth-nasa-767/
When I first read the part about painting as a solution, my immediate thought was this:


SuperGenius is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 03:14 PM
  #512
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht

Feicht is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 03:16 AM
  #513
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
Has anybody heard from Viqsi? She hasn't been online in two weeks.

Moo is offline  
Old
03-13-2012, 06:47 AM
  #514
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Has anybody heard from Viqsi? She hasn't been online in two weeks.
I haven't, but she gets pretty cranky, now and then, especially when we get particularly argumentative and negative (a valid defense mechanism, I think). She's disappeared for stretches, before, so I hope she's OK and will return.


Edit: just thought, too, she's in finance or something, so it may be related to tax deadlines. She could be on the run from the IRS, too, now that I think of it!

pete goegan is online now  
Old
03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
  #515
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ
 
joshjoshjosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Guam
Country: Eritrea
Posts: 2,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Guam or Ohio? I have 7 days to decide.
Extended yesterday. Guam til September 2015.

Keep a seat warm for me on the "AEP Power Level"? (rofl)

joshjoshjosh is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 02:42 PM
  #516
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan
 
JACKETfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Venice
Country: United States
Posts: 9,225
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
Has anybody heard from Viqsi? She hasn't been online in two weeks.
She posted 3/13 on a Texas Hold'em message board (not kidding).

If she doesn't resurface in another day or two on HF, maybe the phone line is dead in her parent's basement.

JACKETfan is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 06:22 PM
  #517
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?
 
Jovavic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ClosedDoorMeeting
Country: Qatar
Posts: 10,686
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjoshjosh View Post
Extended yesterday. Guam til September 2015.

Keep a seat warm for me on the "AEP Power Level"? (rofl)
Guam sure beats North Dakota, I would think. Enjoy (?) the move

Jovavic is online now  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:49 PM
  #518
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Anyone watch Letterman anymore? The dude looks like an ex-Mayor from Newark NJ in 1930 with the suit he has on tonight.. (Stripes... big... horizontal)

Letterman needs to retire!! To old even for me..

Robert is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:51 PM
  #519
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Anyone watch Letterman anymore? The dude looks like an ex-Mayor from Newark NJ in 1930 with the suit he has on tonight.. (Stripes... big... horizontal)

Letterman needs to retire!! To old even for me..
Who is on tonight?

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:52 PM
  #520
Robert
BOB
 
Robert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KY & Lime Lake NY
Country: United States
Posts: 30,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
Who is on tonight?
Flipping back, Paul Rudd and John Witherspoon...

Robert is offline  
Old
03-22-2012, 11:59 PM
  #521
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Flipping back, Paul Rudd and John Witherspoon...
Ooookkkkk. LOL I am trying to stay up until the princess gets home from the Hunger Games premier. Not thinking that lineup will help? I did see him recently with Jack Hannah. That's always pretty good. He's goofy.

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
03-23-2012, 09:17 AM
  #522
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,864
vCash: 500


mt-svk is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 01:53 PM
  #523
Viqsi
"They're back."
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,077
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I haven't, but she gets pretty cranky, now and then, especially when we get particularly argumentative and negative (a valid defense mechanism, I think). She's disappeared for stretches, before, so I hope she's OK and will return.


Edit: just thought, too, she's in finance or something, so it may be related to tax deadlines. She could be on the run from the IRS, too, now that I think of it!
I haven't done finance for a while; it's my mother who runs from the IRS.

Your initial supposition would be more accurate. Pretty much dead-on, actually. Well, okay, that and I now have another uncle living in the area, so that took up the first few weeks... and then there's a bunch of family birthdays in March, and then my parents went out to Texas for several weeks (they get back tomorrow) so I've been busy keeping the property from burning down, oh and we've just started streaming services live at shul (tbsohio.org AND IT IS AWESOME) and I'm a bit too involved in that, and...

...yeah, I had plenty to work on and no desire for extra stress. I promised Sam in live chat that I'd at least try to show up this week, tho, so...

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline  
Old
03-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  #524
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I haven't done finance for a while; it's my mother who runs from the IRS.

Your initial supposition would be more accurate. Pretty much dead-on, actually. Well, okay, that and I now have another uncle living in the area, so that took up the first few weeks... and then there's a bunch of family birthdays in March, and then my parents went out to Texas for several weeks (they get back tomorrow) so I've been busy keeping the property from burning down, oh and we've just started streaming services live at shul (tbsohio.org AND IT IS AWESOME) and I'm a bit too involved in that, and...

...yeah, I had plenty to work on and no desire for extra stress. I promised Sam in live chat that I'd at least try to show up this week, tho, so...
Welcome back, always good to have you around.

pete goegan is online now  
Old
03-26-2012, 02:40 PM
  #525
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Hola, hola, škola volá.... the first day in the first class

I smile every time I open this thread and see little Julka on the first day of school! I hope she is enjoying it as much today as she did on that first day.

pete goegan is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.