HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New Jets Uniforms ...(Logo and Jersey discussion part IV)

View Poll Results: How many stars to you give the new uniforms?
1 * 41 10.57%
2 ** 40 10.31%
3 *** 100 25.77%
4 **** 133 34.28%
5 ***** 74 19.07%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-22-2011, 11:45 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
ordered my jersey a few days ago then i realized the thing wont even ship till November 15th...what a freaking joke i have season tickets and will not have a jersey for the first month of the season...FAIL

bigplay41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
ordered my jersey a few days ago then i realized the thing wont even ship till November 15th...what a freaking joke i have season tickets and will not have a jersey for the first month of the season...FAIL
This is something that I hate very, very much.

09-24-2011, 01:14 AM
Brian Cadle Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
I tell you peoples..

Those white ones will look good on the ice.
You certainly called it.

Watching on my HD screen, I went from meh to loving them. The bands on the arms, matching the bands on the socks, very nice. The light blue as an accent colour looks electric on tv.

I hope they play in these for a long time.

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 01:53 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanconn View Post
The league just needs to lower the cost of jerseys across the board.

When you can get a knock off "authentic" for $50 shipped to you, that looks better than the $129 RBK premier jersey or whatever... people will buy the better looking, cheaper jersey.

the cheap RBK jerseys should be $75 and authentic's $175.

[mod]... because from the start, I was not a fan of the new jersey, especially the home ones, because I think navy blue is a very weak colour, and think two tone blue makes it even worse.

I'm waiting for the third jersey though... my old Jets jersey is fine for the time being, and im pretty sure we will see a third Jets jersey next season... well... we better! '

If the third jersey is nice, I'll definitely by authentic.
They can't really narrow the margins between authentic and counterfeit jerseys since Reebok have to take a lot more things into consideration.
A few are:
They manufacture in approved factories that will have better workplace standards and will not employ child labour. I will guarantee that the counterfeit jerseys will have been manufactured using at least some child labour. Embroidered garments are very labour intensive and much of the work is very low skill.
The fabrics will not be from approved mills and will not have the same standards against things like pilling, colour fastness, and special finishes. Colour matching standards will not be as stringent.
There are no royalties being paid to the club, or to Reebok.

Those are only a few reasons why the prices are what they are.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Jet
Tony P-ver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
They can't really narrow the margins between authentic and counterfeit jerseys since Reebok have to take a lot more things into consideration.
A few are:
They manufacture in approved factories that will have better workplace standards and will not employ child labour. I will guarantee that the counterfeit jerseys will have been manufactured using at least some child labour. Embroidered garments are very labour intensive and much of the work is very low skill.
The fabrics will not be from approved mills and will not have the same standards against things like pilling, colour fastness, and special finishes. Colour matching standards will not be as stringent.
There are no royalties being paid to the club, or to Reebok.

Those are only a few reasons why the prices are what they are.
Excellent points. I don't think people consider these things when they complain about the prices.

I do agree that the merchandising fees paid to the NHL and club teams are a little ridiculous though, but they charge what the market will bear and there is no shortage of NHL jerseys in rinks around North America. As a matter of fact, a friend and I were talking about this last season - how back in the 80's and 90's maybe about 25% of fans were wearing NHL gear in the arenas, and nowadays it seems like its 90%.

The NHL (and all pro sports in general) have made branded gear fashionable and a must have.

09-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Beazley
The 'Dale

The white jersey's look so amazing on the ice, in person on Tuesday and in HD tonight. Like many, I wasn't sure about the arm bands but in combination with the socks they look incredible! I think the light blue and silver looks electric!

I pre-ordered an authentic home which I thought was a no brainer at the time and I still think it is because I'm not about to wear the socks (out in public at least).

Beazley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:49 AM
wpgallday1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Gotta admit I'm disappointing in getting the jersey so late but at least I'm getting one.

wpgallday1960 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:54 AM
JetsAlternate

I'm still not entirely pleased with the away uniforms. I began to think that with just a few slight tweaks, the jersey could look so much cleaner. Here's my take on a variation of their current away uniform that manages to look quite a bit like the 1990s Jets as well. I took away the vertical sleeve piping and added color between the two horizontal stripes (on the sleeves and socks), nothing more.

It isn't unusual for new teams to make tweaks to their uniforms a few years after the initial jerseys are released. Considering True North had only a few months, I don't fault them for being rushed to put together a jersey. Hopefully they can make some tweaks for a finalized version of the design a few years from now.

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 09-27-2011 at 05:31 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Komarov47

Whi did the Jets haven't played yet with their Blue navy jersey?

Komarov47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:42 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Big Bear View Post
Whi did the Jets haven't played yet with their Blue navy jersey?
I think they're saving it for the opening night game against the Habs.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Mungman
It's you not me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
I'm still not entirely pleased with the away uniforms. I began to think that with just a few slight tweaks, the jersey could look so much cleaner. Here's my take on a variation of their current away uniform that manages to look quite a bit like the 1990s Jets as well. I took away the vertical sleeve piping and added color between the two horizontal stripes (on the sleeves and socks), nothing more.

It isn't unusual for new teams to make tweaks to their uniforms a few years after the initial jerseys are released. Considering True North had only a few months, I don't fault them for being rushed to put together a jersey. Hopefully they can make some tweaks for a finalized version of the design a few years from now.
Not a huge fan of those changes, almost looks like a white practice jersey with a couple stripes (and that pattern of stripes is not very distinctive IMO). The real one looks more interesting with the dark blue on the arms.

Mungman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungman View Post
Not a huge fan of those changes, almost looks like a white practice jersey with a couple stripes (and that pattern of stripes is not very distinctive IMO). The real one looks more interesting with the dark blue on the arms.
I agree as well. If the Jets made this change everyone would be whining about how bland the away sweaters are and that they are basically a practice jersey.

Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I agree as well. If the Jets made this change everyone would be whining about how bland the away sweaters are and that they are basically a practice jersey.
Yep a lot of empty space there without a shoulder yoke or arm stripe.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
thereturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Agreed. Nice photoshop job, but I prefer ther Jerseys the way they are.

thereturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 12:12 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
All things considered, I really like our jerseys. I'm done searching for alternatives, and am embracing the ones we have.

wpgsilver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 01:14 PM
broinwhyteridge

vCash: 0
If you pre-ordered an authentic jersey on-line, emails are starting to be sent offering the opportunity to finalize your order and potentially take delivery on October 8th.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 04:35 PM
s1g

My buddy was at the Jets Gear store and said they do have jerseys available for sizing purposes. I'll probably go tomorrow to try one on.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 06:08 PM
HF007
In Roy we Trust

I liked the jerseys when they came out but i knew i would fully judge them when i saw them on the ice and they're sharp. Better then half the league forsure

HF007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-27-2011, 09:17 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

I got an email saying jersies are in for sizing. If I go down to the Jets Gear store by Saturday to complete the sale, the jersey will be ready for Oct. 8

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 05:51 AM
spicy

Jerseys have definitely grown on me. Especially those home ones.

Funny little bit of info, the numbers on the front of the helmets that Nashville was wearin the other night are being required on all teams helmets, by season start. Equipment mgrs are just starting to do them up now. Apparently help with broadcasters being able o identify players (wtf?) and helping officials on the ice as well.

I think it's cluttered as hell.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote