HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

The New Jets Uniforms ...(Logo and Jersey discussion part IV)

View Poll Results: How many stars to you give the new uniforms?
1 * 41 10.57%
2 ** 40 10.31%
3 *** 100 25.77%
4 **** 133 34.28%
5 ***** 74 19.07%
Voters: 388. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-06-2011, 01:04 PM
saskganesh

vCash: 500
I give them a 3, largely based on the fact I am still emotionally attached to the old logo.

I do like that they are not overly busy. The understated approach works great long term, so I expect these jerseys will grow on me.

We need a poll after a season of watching these guys on ice.

saskganesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
teeks643
GO LETS GO

Love them. Cannot wait to get an away white #9.

I gave them a 4, because the only thing that they could have done better is the horizontal stripe behind the crest and around the jersey.

teeks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Skrudland

The only things I don't really like are the italicised numbers. Other than that I think they'll look really nice on the ice.

Skrudland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:10 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Like them, but not too fond of the arm bands on the away.

I agree .

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
After looking more closely at the jerseys, from the back and in hi res, I am really warming to the away. The home is an instant classic IMHO. I'm getting a home Enstrom to start.

09-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland View Post
The only things I don't really like are the italicised numbers. Other than that I think they'll look really nice on the ice.
Calgary had those and got rid of them because they look unbelievably bad during games.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:27 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Love them

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VadiM
Rookie User

Those are started growing on me, esp. the white one. I like the numbering and lettering also. Not a bad try for the first season.

VadiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyMy57 View Post
Sabres fan here, just got my first peek at the new Jets jerseys, and they are super nice. I think quite possibly the best in the league, and I want to get one with the inaugural season patch, but I can't help wonder who should I get on the back? That's why I come to your part of the boards, who better to ask that question to than the fans of the team itself? I was thinking Big Buff but after reading threads of him weighing 40 pounds over what he weighed last season, I'm a little nervous. Would Ladd be a safer bet, I like him a lot as well.

Any help is appreciated, and congrats Winnipeg, after being ignored by the league for such a long time you are finally back...can't wait to see the puck dropped for the first time at a Jets home game should be amazing!
If I were you as a Buffalo fan... Hawerchuk is a good jersey especially with u guys retiring his jersey this yr

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
peter sullivan
Winnipeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Problem is that when you try and make a statement, most of the time you wind up with some god-awful mess. How did it work out for Minnesota, for example? Or Atlanta for that matter?

They very delibertaly went for a classic and timeless look - and I'm quite glad that they did.

And no - you couldn't find this on any 'jersey' web site. From the second shade of blue, to the double stripes, there are certainly some unique design elements.
no question when you try and lead you run the risk of failure...probably why they chose to be so safe.

i dont hate the design...i am just indifferent to it....as i suspect most peoiple who are not 'jets can do no wrong' fans.

i was hoping for something to take the NHL by storm....the stripe being a second shade of blue as the big idea is hardly groundbreaking and inspired design.
anyone who is not a jets fan will not give these a second look.

there are lots of ways a creative designer could have taken a retro style and made is unique, classic and exciting....something everyone would want....not just another dark blue jersey with a couple of horizontal stripes on the elbow.

peter sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:37 PM
fmax

I love the white ones!

fmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Klaus
Teemu!

vCash: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter sullivan View Post
That is hideous.

Klaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Active Puck
STREAMERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
After looking more closely at the jerseys, from the back and in hi res, I am really warming to the away. The home is an instant classic IMHO. I'm getting a home Enstrom to start.
Yep, those high res photos posted on this page are selling me on the away sweaters.

This is a lot like the logo unveiling to me.

Initial Jets logo unveil: Uh... that's it. Nice, I guess. Like the military nod but seems kind of plain.

Twenty minutes later: These aren't that bad. I'm rather digging this.

An hour later: I'm buying anything and everything with Jets logos on them.

Active Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
SwimToTheMoon
Wild fan in WPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveRaven View Post
That might be the ugliest jersey I've ever seen ... followed closely by the Wild
Zip it!!

SwimToTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Puck View Post
Yep, those high res photos posted on this page are selling me on the away sweaters.

This is a lot like the logo unveiling to me.

Initial Jets logo unveil: Uh... that's it. Nice, I guess. Like the military nod but seems kind of plain.

Twenty minutes later: These aren't that bad. I'm rather digging this.

An hour later: I'm buying anything and everything with Jets logos on them.
Exactly!!

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:41 PM
Inflict
Viking

The jerseys exceeded my expectations! I love the colors they chose and the design. I would give it a 4 out of 5 if I could vote. Not the best in the league, but still awesome!

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
VadiM
Rookie User

The jerseys look sharp. Not some fancy-shmancy rubbish. Gotta get one. I love the way they associate with the air forces as well. Go Jets!

VadiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Skidooboy

To be honest theese uniforms fill me with a profound sense of...meh

the Crest is not particularly definable from a distance and looks cluttered, the Jerseys are classic and clean for the most part so well done as for the stripes on the away Jersey...i am again ...meh

but the whole unvelling at an airforce base thing? what the hell was that? I think the whole RCAF thing seems way to Forced(pardon the pun) and looks like a desperate attemnpt to latch on to some kind of history and tradition where one doesn't exist. it's like a person you just met trying to act like you've been friends for years. Anoying!
Sorry I just think it's lame. Our team has nothing to do with the RCAF and shouldn't in my opinion.

having said all that i will buy and wear a white Jersey when I go to games and cheer for my beloved JETS! but I will be looking forward to a new logo/Jersey when it comes out.

Skidooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
peg

Love the "C"

peg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
StrongIslanders90

IMHO they look great... I like the two shades of blue......very sharp....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post

the Crest is not particularly definable from a distance and looks cluttered, the Jerseys are classic and clean for the most part so well done as for the stripes on the away Jersey...i am again ...meh

but the whole unvelling at an airforce base thing? what the hell was that? I think the whole RCAF thing seems way to Forced(pardon the pun) and looks like a desperate attemnpt to latch on to some kind of history and tradition where one doesn't exist. it's like a person you just met trying to act like you've been friends for years. Anoying!
Sorry I just think it's lame. Our team has nothing to do with the RCAF and shouldn't in my opinion.

having said all that i will buy and wear a white Jersey when I go to games and cheer for my beloved JETS! but I will be looking forward to a new logo/Jersey when it comes out.
TNSE has a history with the local military, they have had special Moose jerseys for the last few years in military patterns (the old olympic RCAF style, new CADPAT etc). Doesn't surprise me that they've done this.

Wonko the Sane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidooboy View Post

I have the exact opposite opinion regarding the jersey reveal. I absolutely loved the fact that it was done on the Air Fore base. I loved seeing the Jet behind the podium, and when I saw the carrier, I thought, how cool would it be if the players came out of that!!

The alternative would have been to hold it in the basement of the MTS Center, kind of like the same old press conference that EVERY team in EVERY sport does.

I am hoping that TNSE creates an replica of the back of the carrier jet that they can put up to the entrance to the ice for the players. They could make a motorized door that goes down right before the players skate out.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Active Puck
STREAMERS!

Voted 5. When I first saw the jerseys I would have given them a 3, maybe a 4, but I've had time to look at better photos, see the contrast on the two, etc, and I really like them.

Active Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 02:17 PM
EmersonBeatemEtem
Watcha gonna do!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
I love these new Jerseys!

Especially the Polar Sky Blue home jerseys!

Get ready to take my money at 4pm CT Jetsgear!
If you're in Calgary, I don't think you'll be be able to get them unless you plan on making the drive to Winnipeg. From the way I understand it, Jetsgear is not shipping them out. You have to be there in person to pick them up.

EmersonBeatemEtem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Snowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I am hoping that TNSE creates an replica of the back of the carrier jet that they can put up to the entrance to the ice for the players. They could make a motorized door that goes down right before the players skate out.
That would be spectacular! I would love to see that!!

Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote