HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sidney Crosby set to speak publicly Wednesday

Closed Thread

Old
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarDefense View Post
ok...?
Only a Penguin fan wouldn't find something wrong with him doing so. Even if it was a player on my team I would think of him as a diva who starves for attention. If he was fine just shutup and go to Camp day one, the end, no need to make a scene about it. If you showup day one it ends all speculation, why need to announce you will be there participating if you know it yourself already?

Old
09-06-2011, 09:44 PM
manisback121

As much as I don't like him, he puts butts in the seats.

That said, a 12:30 presser is alarming to say the least.

I would be happy to see it be a year to recoup and not game over

Old
09-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Steve Holt
Embrace the hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Only a Penguin fan wouldn't find something wrong with him doing so. Even if it was a player on my team I would think of him as a diva who starves for attention. If he was fine just shutup and go to Camp day one, the end, no need to make a scene about it. If you showup day one it ends all speculation, why need to announce you will be there participating if you know it yourself already?
You're making something out of nothing if you see that as disrespectful. 'Cause you know, Crosby has always been an attention seeker throughout his career.

Last edited by Steve Holt: 09-06-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old
09-06-2011, 09:52 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoarDefense View Post
You're making something out of nothing if you see that as disrespectful. 'Cause you know, Crosby has always been an attention seeker throughout his career.
The ending of that actually becomes a point within a point. He already gets enough attention as is, I would hope or think he would recognize that he wouldn't need to do anything significant to get attention because like it or not every move him and a guy like Ovechkin make is followed closely enough as is within the sport of Hockeys media.

Old
09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Steve Holt
Embrace the hate

Quote:
The ending of that actually becomes a point within a point. He already gets enough attention as is, I would hope or think he would recognize that he wouldn't need to do anything significant to get attention because like it or not every move him and a guy like Ovechkin make is followed closely enough as is within the sport of Hockeys media.
The only reason he's holding this conference is because the media has been craving for material.

Old
09-06-2011, 09:56 PM
NeilYoung

Bottom line is the league and the Penguins need him back. More important than that I hope Sidney is fully healthy when he's back so he can have a healthy life after hockey.

Old
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Vomiting Kermit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsGreat08AO View Post
He's going to announce how excited he is to play the Capitals at the 2010 Winter Classic
Incredible.

Old
09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
He's going to announce how excited he is to play the Capitals at the 2010 Winter Classic
This response needs more props. I laughed, then I felt bad, then laughed while feeling bad. The perfect arc of a joke.

Old
09-06-2011, 10:14 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
I hope he's alright and everything but some people are really over reacting saying the league needs him and would suffer without him. One player doesn't make a team and certainly doesn't make a sport.

Quote:
This has to be the best post I've seen in awhile. Confused me at first but now I can't stop laughing.

Old
09-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolverjgw View Post
He'll probably just announce that he saved some money on his car insurance by switching to Geico
this

Old
09-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Nicklin3011*

He will be fine. Stop worrying.

Old
09-07-2011, 12:37 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
10 bucks he takes the year off

Old
09-07-2011, 12:51 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJenner133 View Post
He will be fine. Stop worrying.
That's what we all are hoping for; the question is when.

Old
09-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:
This is the kind of post that proves that Crosby is screwed no matter what he does. If he has a press conference, he's a "diva". If he keeps quiet, he's being disrespectful to the league by not letting fans know firsthand his current status.

For the past few weeks, media folks have been asking non stop what Sidney Crosby's status is. But he's been quiet and, in fact, hasn't spoken publicly since around April. Now that he's broken that silence to finally shed light on his situation that the media/fans just won't shut up about, he's being accused of craving the spotlight?

Give me a break.

It's this no-win situation attitude for Crosby that makes reading this forum difficult sometimes. People are going to find reasons to criticize him either way.

Old
09-07-2011, 01:12 AM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
This is the kind of post that proves that Crosby is screwed no matter what he does. If he has a press conference, he's a "diva". If he keeps quiet, he's being disrespectful to the league by not letting fans know firsthand his current status.

For the past few weeks, media folks have been asking non stop what Sidney Crosby's status is. But he's been quiet and, in fact, hasn't spoken publicly since around April. Now that he's broken that silence to finally shed light on his situation that the media/fans just won't shut up about, he's being accused of craving the spotlight?

Give me a break.

It's this no-win situation attitude for Crosby that makes reading this forum difficult sometimes. People are going to find reasons to criticize him either way.
This, and I hate Crosby. Ovechkin just had a press conference about his new endorsement deal.. At least Crosby has a reason for a press conference, unless it's not about his concussion.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
09-07-2011, 01:29 AM
vuvuzela

Quote:

Give me a break.

pretty much.

Old
09-07-2011, 01:34 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

vCash: 50
Quote:
And what if he's announcing he's not ready yet? Still diva in your eyes?

Old
09-07-2011, 01:48 AM
David71

taking a year off i guess. no "set timetable for return".

Old
09-07-2011, 01:49 AM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 1220
Quote:

Old
09-07-2011, 02:03 AM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

He's going to announce that he never had a concussion, and that he just had water in his ear from landing on the wet, sloppy ice surface of Heinz field. For eight months...

Old
09-07-2011, 02:09 AM
SidTheKid8787

As posted previously, this will be done so Pen's training camp can move forward without any interruptions. So coaches, players and staff can focus and prepare for the season. The other part is to stop """reporters""" from saying basically anything and then the subsequent denials from Pen's brass and the Crosby camp.

I suspect it'll be the same. Progressed well over the summer, had a few minor set backs. Will not be ready to start the season. No time table given.

Old
09-07-2011, 02:18 AM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
As much as I don't like him, he puts butts in the seats.

That said, a 12:30 presser is alarming to say the least.

I would be happy to see it be a year to recoup and not game over
Yeah, it's about 3:20 ET here. I dunno if I can be up in time....

Seriously, people, he's doing it to try and shut up the media and rampant speculation. I suspect it'll be more of the same things we've being hearing for months,though.

Old
09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Xavier Laflamme

Quote:

Give me a break.

I look forward to hearing what response from Green Men Rule you get now...

"Well..It's Sid's fault that he put's himself into those types of situations thus secretly sneaking his way back into the spot light..."

Boy that Sid is such an attention hoe...

Old
09-07-2011, 07:14 AM
Eaglepride*
#5 in Wotan we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidTheKid8787 View Post
As posted previously, this will be done so Pen's training camp can move forward without any interruptions. So coaches, players and staff can focus and prepare for the season. The other part is to stop """reporters""" from saying basically anything and then the subsequent denials from Pen's brass and the Crosby camp.

I suspect it'll be the same. Progressed well over the summer, had a few minor set backs. Will not be ready to start the season. No time table given.
Probably, maybe some words from Shero and DB about his progression.

I really think the Crosby camp and Pens are sick of all the ******** some reporters wrote.

Old
09-07-2011, 07:28 AM
bmw2004

I am sorry to say it, but I don't care at all about CryBaby and his press conference.

Closed Thread