HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any spots for a serious fantasy hockey player?

Old
09-04-2011, 03:07 AM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

vCash: 500
Any spots for a serious fantasy hockey player?

Hey guys,

I have been playing fantasy hockey for about 10 years now, and I really want to find a competitive one that everyone plays from beginning to end.
I am really tired of leagues that started ok, but by the mid point part, would only have 3 or 4 active players.
It makes trades very difficult, and it becomes kind of boring.
Furthermore, there is no bragging rights when you win, and when you lose to an inactive team, it just makes it worst.

Anyone have a spot open for a very active player?
I really want to play in one with serious hockey fans.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 09:35 AM
The Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
Hey guys,

, and when you lose to an inactive team, it just makes it worst.

Anyone have a spot open for a very active player?
I really want to play in one with serious hockey fans.
when you lose to an inactive team? Im glad you said your an active player, not a good player

The Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Hyack57

You ever look at getting into a fantasy hockey league using STHS.
Just a thought. I'm in this one and another.

http://www.cnghl.net/

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 12:37 PM
hoodstar

I'm looking for one as well..

Last edited by hoodstar: 09-04-2011 at 04:29 PM.
hoodstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 06:00 PM
nameless1
#sunshinesandsmiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
when you lose to an inactive team? Im glad you said your an active player, not a good player
Just trying to be honest...

You can't help it sometimes.
I lost to a really hot team in the 1st round last year for head-to-head.
It ended up winning the league, mainly because of Corey Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyack57 View Post
You ever look at getting into a fantasy hockey league using STHS.
Just a thought. I'm in this one and another.

http://www.cnghl.net/
I will look into it, but I kind of want to enter one full of hockey fans and who are all veterans.
That would be more fun.

nameless1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 07:47 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
There's usually about 3-4 'competitive' yahoo leagues that run from this Canucks forum every year, but only a couple spots usually open up each year so would be hard to get into from your position.

Your best bet would be to PM Parabola and try to get into one of the two Canucks vs Oilers leagues, where we go 10 Canuck users vs 10 Oilers users with a points system and the highest combined point totals. Unfortunately for us as they have been doing this for longer against Calgary we always get a couple of saps on our side and the one I'm in has lost both of the last two years because of two different saps who were in last place by a good few hundred points that easily could have made the difference if they bothered to do a few roster moves.

Also, since you're allowed to join 4 yahoo leagues feel free to start your own from here. There's usually plenty of people like yourself who want to play but can't get an open spot, get them altogether and you should find enough to start another league. It's not going to be on par with the other A leagues, but should certainly be better than you're generic public Yahoo league.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
you can get into the reserve list for y2canucks league.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Hyack57

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless1 View Post
I will look into it, but I kind of want to enter one full of hockey fans and who are all veterans.
That would be more fun.
The league is full of Canucks fans and one Oiler fan and has been around since 2000.

Hyack57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:02 PM
PecaFan

I posted this in the fantasy league spot, but would prefer a Canucks fan instead of just anyone. Anyone is welcome, not just the original poster.

We have a spot that just opened up in our league, which has been running for nearly 20 years now.

The league is head to head games against each other person, based on real NHL results each week, with a regular season, then 3 rounds of playoffs after that.

Each season you keep 5 players from last year, then draft 15 new ones. You need to have certain numbers of forwards, defence, and goalies. Skaters get 2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist. Goalies roughly get points for saves, lose points for goals allowed.

What makes the league fun is that you choose which specific games you want for your players. So for each player, you'll have a decision such as "Do I name X on the road against New York, or at home against Pittsburgh?", etc. This is all done in a simple fill in the blanks web form, so it's super easy and quick to prepare each week. The web page system keeps track of all your players, the scores, the schedules, the standings, etc.

We have a live draft on Sept. 25th that takes about 3 hours.

If you're interested, visit the web page at http://www.ucfhl.com/ and log in with

username: hfdemo
password: demoforme

and check it out. You can see the rosters, results and scores from last season. You can read the rules to see how scoring is counted, which you'll want to do to make sure you draft well.

To confirm that you are interested, either PM me here, or log in at ucfhl.com and send a private message to the user Commish with your real name, email address, etc.

PecaFan is offline   Reply With Quote