HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jan. 24th 2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-06-2011, 07:45 PM
  #1
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,056
vCash: 500
Jan. 24th 2012



Just got my tickets in the mail today!!! If my memory serves me correct, there's a few of you guys out here that are also in the STL area... anyone else going to this game?

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 09:51 PM
  #2
Ignatius
Midfield Dreadnought
 
Ignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 817
vCash: 0
I'll be there, likely within the first four rows. If you haven't been to the Scottrade Center before I'll tell you its a great venue with a friendly fanbase. The homers are referred to as "Bluezers" and food/drinks are overpriced by NHL standards, especially beer considering AB is right down the road. I've never been to a game there that I haven't enjoyed.

One piece of advice to anyone getting tickets for a game at Scottrade Center, get seats in the club section or within the first four rows closest to the ice. You'll get free food and drinks (including beer) until halfway through the third period.

Ignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 10:09 PM
  #3
schommer75
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
One piece of advice to anyone getting tickets for a game at Scottrade Center, get seats in the club section or within the first four rows closest to the ice. You'll get free food and drinks (including beer) until halfway through the third period.

Hey, great tip!

I live in central North Dakota and basicly the only arenas i can make it to are chicago st louis or minnesota...well i guess winnipeg is doable to but passports and that crap pisses me off, I want to make it to all the 3 american cities before children are on the way, im headed to minnesota this year so 2 more to go

I can justify getting those close seats for free food and beer, is the price difference much?

schommer75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2011, 10:11 PM
  #4
alcanalz
whys and wherefores
 
alcanalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,787
vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
I'll be there, likely within the first four rows. If you haven't been to the Scottrade Center before I'll tell you its a great venue with a friendly fanbase. The homers are referred to as "Bluezers" and food/drinks are overpriced by NHL standards, especially beer considering AB is right down the road. I've never been to a game there that I haven't enjoyed.

One piece of advice to anyone getting tickets for a game at Scottrade Center, get seats in the club section or within the first four rows closest to the ice. You'll get free food and drinks (including beer) until halfway through the third period.
Living in Toronto, you've got no idea how overpriced drinks and food can be at a game until you've been to the ACC. I'd honestly be surprised if they were more than half as much at Scottrade.

Me and a couple friends have been looking for an NHL game / NFL game weekend combo to go to. As a Pens fan I've obviously been pushing for one of their games. St. Louis wouldn't be so bad.

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 02:25 AM
  #5
Milliardo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Zürich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,596
vCash: 500
I've been to the ACC and I don't remember it being THAT expensive. What are the prices there?

Milliardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 05:11 AM
  #6
HuskerTornado
Playoff Rum for Jobu
 
HuskerTornado's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
My birthday, thinking of picking up tickets and making the 6 hr drive.

HuskerTornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 03:30 PM
  #7
M0NTY26
Force from Ma'gorsk
 
M0NTY26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 4,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
I'll be there, likely within the first four rows. If you haven't been to the Scottrade Center before I'll tell you its a great venue with a friendly fanbase. The homers are referred to as "Bluezers" and food/drinks are overpriced by NHL standards, especially beer considering AB is right down the road. I've never been to a game there that I haven't enjoyed.

One piece of advice to anyone getting tickets for a game at Scottrade Center, get seats in the club section or within the first four rows closest to the ice. You'll get free food and drinks (including beer) until halfway through the third period.
I go to about 5-10 blues games a year. The STC is a great atmosphere. Going to Blues vs. Hawks games are incredibly fun.

M0NTY26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 08:06 PM
  #8
Ignatius
Midfield Dreadnought
 
Ignatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 817
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by schommer75 View Post
I can justify getting those close seats for free food and beer, is the price difference much?
I don't know how much you would have to spend or if you're a lush like me, but I always pay for the best seats available for the price. I'll sit in the fourth row if the seat is say $50 cheaper than the first row. Really though there isn't a bad seat at Scottrade, anyone should be happy sitting in the Club section. I just prefer to sit near ice level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanalz View Post
Living in Toronto, you've got no idea how overpriced drinks and food can be at a game until you've been to the ACC. I'd honestly be surprised if they were more than half as much at Scottrade.

Me and a couple friends have been looking for an NHL game / NFL game weekend combo to go to. As a Pens fan I've obviously been pushing for one of their games. St. Louis wouldn't be so bad.
Well St. Louis is notorious for price gouging at sporting events. Busch Stadium (home of the Cardinals) has the third highest beer prices in MLB (behind Yankees Stadium and Fenway Park). Mind you that AB owns Busch Stadium and you can see the massive Budweiser brewery from the stadium, yet their prices are still ridiculous. Same case for the Scottrade Center and Edward Jones Dome (home of STL Rams).

I don't know (and don't care) whats going on in downtown Canada, but here in the Gateway City we call it legalized extortion.

Ignatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 03:03 AM
  #9
Griffin6612
Registered User
 
Griffin6612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,240
vCash: 500
I wish! Its on my birthday..... and the day lemieux re retired

Griffin6612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.