vCash: 336
come to think of it, I would offer something around Bourque, maybe;

:
Bourque
Morrison

:
Turris
3rd

Unless we can offload Stajan somewhere, than just Bourque for Turris, add a low level prospect to sweeten the pot.

tmurfin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:11 AM
CalgaryFlames1240

vCash: 500
To Phoenix:

Matt Stajan
Greg Nemisz

To Calgary:

Kyle Turris
2012 5th Round Pick (the one we lost for PL3)

Sounds quite reasonable from my perspective

CalgaryFlames1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:14 AM
neo45

I would do

Turris + a player Phoenix wants to dump

for

Staja, Nemisz, 3rd rounder

Depends on what Phoenix wants, and whether or not Turris actually wants out

neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:14 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
come to think of it, I would offer something around Bourque, maybe;

:
Bourque
Morrison

:
Turris
3rd

Unless we can offload Stajan somewhere, than just Bourque for Turris, add a low level prospect to sweeten the pot.
I'm totally okay with that. Especially because Phoenix is probably drafting in the top 10 this season.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:12 AM
The Gnome

If the flames are in talks with PHX at all feaster should do whatever he can to get Turris. acquiring a 1C through a trade is near impossible because the demand is so high and the supply is lacking. Even drafting a potential 1C is tough, slim pickings.

If you have the option of aquiring a potential 1C in Turris you give what you have to give in order to obtain him.

The cost is probably higher then what you all want to pay. But we have been looking for a 1C since Nieuwendyk left town. Even if it is only a potential 1C, I'd swing for the fences. Turris' ceiling is high enough to warrant the risk. The Bourque's, moss's, and Neimisz's of this world can be had through FA.

(All this is taking into account that we can sign Turris to a resonable contract and he's not another Tim Erixon d-bag)

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
If the flames are in talks with PHX at all feaster should do whatever he can to get Turris. acquiring a 1C through a trade is near impossible because the demand is so high and the supply is lacking. Even drafting a potential 1C is tough, slim pickings.

If you have the option of aquiring a potential 1C in Turris you give what you have to give in order to obtain him.
The cost is probably higher then what you all want to pay. But we have been looking for a 1C since Nieuwendyk left town. Even if it is only a potential 1C, I'd swing for the fences. Turris' ceiling is high enough to warrant the risk. The Bourque's, moss's, and Neimisz's of this world can be had through FA.

(All this is taking into account that we can sign Turris to a resonable contract and he's not another Tim Erixon d-bag)
Turris isn't any better than Backlund. How is he a potential #1 center?

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:58 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
I would do

Turris + a player Phoenix wants to dump

for

Staja, Nemisz, 3rd rounder

Depends on what Phoenix wants, and whether or not Turris actually wants out

Well of course you would.

Stanjan and the dumpee cancel each other out.

Turris for Nemisz and a third?

You don't think they could do better than that?

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 02:08 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Regardless of who has a higher ceiling (most think Turris does, and has the potential to be a 1C), wouldn't having 2 players who have the chance of turning into a #1C be better then just 1.

I'm not saying we should throw in the kitchen sink to aquire Turris, but some of the proposals on here are laughable if you're in Maloney's shoes.

Again, the situation surronding Turris and the demand around the league for his services could skew my argument. But I imagine 28 other teams would throw together a better package for Turris then what we have in this thread.

The Stajan+2013 1st might garner some interest.

Old
09-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Um, what? Turris easily has a higher ceiling than Backlund. It's not even close.

The key here is that Turris may want a contract worth $4 million/year. That's an outrageous demand (if true) for someone who is unproven, and the Flames should be no part of that.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
brewski1810

If turris is in fact available, the flames should put together a good offer to acquire him, we need to continue building for the future and getting younger. And yes turris has a higher ceiling than backlund, altho it would be nice to dump stajan I can't see the yotes wanting him, I'm sure another team could offer a better center than stajan.

brewski1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1810 View Post
If turris is in fact available, the flames should put together a good offer to acquire him, we need to continue building for the future and getting younger. And yes turris has a higher ceiling than backlund, altho it would be nice to dump stajan I can't see the yotes wanting him, I'm sure another team could offer a better center than stajan.
Here's a better question...
Name a number of teams who:

-Has plethora of expendable centers
-Are willing to give up one of those centers for Turris

If anything, seems like the most that Phoenix will get back is a good-decent 3rd liner. When you factor in age, the quality of the player will no doubt drop. You don't simply give up the Brandon Sutter's for a Turris despite what potential the latter has.

In this case, what options does Phoenix have?

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:39 PM
neo45

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
Well of course you would.

Stanjan and the dumpee cancel each other out.

Turris for Nemisz and a third?

You don't think they could do better than that?
I'm not saying Phoenix can't get a better offer, I'm just saying that's all I would be comfortable paying for an unsigned RFA who is unproven and might be asking over 3 mil per.

Stajan has value for Phoenix

Old
09-09-2011, 12:10 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
I really think Stajan, a 1st would get a deal done for Turris. Especially given how not much is expected of the Flames next year by the rest of the NHL. The trade would be beneficial for the both teams. However, this trade would only be doable on the condition that Turris is seeking that amount on his next contract. Otherwise, the price to acquire him would be much, much higher.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 12:14 AM
Ruslan Zainullin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
I really think Stajan, a 1st would get a deal done for Turris. Especially given how not much is expected of the Flames next year by the rest of the NHL. The trade would be beneficial for the both teams. However, this trade would only be doable on the condition that Turris is seeking that amount on his next contract. Otherwise, the price to acquire him would be much, much higher.
+1 to that, and a 1st and stajan for turris would be well worth it IMO. just dont pay him 4 mill a year.

If turris is available the flames need to go after him, their prospect/young talent pool is so shallow as it is.

Ruslan Zainullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:41 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Since when Turris is considered a real potential #1 center at this point? He has done nothing except missing expectation since he was drafted. He is closer to being a bust than a #1C at this point.

The Flames 1st is potentially a top 10 pick in a deep draft. Having no pick in the first 2 rounds could be fatal to this franchise.

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 05:44 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFlames1240 View Post
To Phoenix:

Matt Stajan
Greg Nemisz

To Calgary:

Kyle Turris
2012 5th Round Pick (the one we lost for PL3)

Sounds quite reasonable from my perspective
Sure, if they think Turris is a bust which he maybe.

Other than that, what make you think anybody would trade a hot prospect for a guy with negative value and a guy destined for bottom 6 role if he ever makes it at all

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 12:16 PM
The Gnome

devil's advocate hard at work

I love how you change your mind completly two posts in a row. Whatever helps you argue with everyone I guess.

Turris is a risk at this point, but the potential is still there. You cannot deny that.

Old
09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
AZcoyotes33

So Mikael Backlund just tweeted a picture from the Phoenician hotel in Phoenix. This is COMPLETELY speculation, but i find it a little weird that he is here in Phoenix just days before training camp starts, especially with all of this Turris trade talk.

@mbacklund11
Quote:
#Phoenix #phoenicianluxuryresort yfrog.com/kgm9kgjj

AZcoyotes33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 01:33 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Probably going to visit Langkow.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
Or on vacation.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 03:10 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Is Turris trying to pull an Erixon and get out of Phoenix? Because $4 million for him seems completely ridiculous, even with JvR getting paid $4 million starting in 2012/13. At least JvR has made some noise in the past two regular seasons and last year's 7 goal playoff performance. Turris has done no such thing. I have a hard time Turris or his agent actually believe that the Coyotes will pay him that much money, unless they both have massive egos.

Why doesn't he play for $2 million this year, show he's worth JvR money (JvR is making $1.5 this year), and then get the contract next year?

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 03:56 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotalik Fanboy View Post
Is Turris trying to pull an Erixon and get out of Phoenix? Because $4 million for him seems completely ridiculous, even with JvR getting paid $4 million starting in 2012/13. At least JvR has made some noise in the past two regular seasons and last year's 7 goal playoff performance. Turris has done no such thing. I have a hard time Turris or his agent actually believe that the Coyotes will pay him that much money, unless they both have massive egos.

Why doesn't he play for $2 million this year, show he's worth JvR money (JvR is making $1.5 this year), and then get the contract next year?
The logical answer would be he wants out, otherwise hes crazy if he thinks he deserves that much

Old
09-09-2011, 03:57 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

As for the Backlund pic, its not unusual for a player to take one last getaway before the season starts. Im not worried

Old
09-09-2011, 05:22 PM
neo45

Maybe the 4 mil per is for a longer term deal, and Turris' agent is assuming that Turris will be worth more in later years

Example: Year 1 - 2 mil, Year 2 - 2.5mil, Year 3 - 3mil, Year 4 - 4.5mil, Year 5 and 6 - 6mil

Average of 4 mil per, but really I am just speculating. No way Turris asks 4 mil for a one year deal unless he wants out

Old
09-09-2011, 05:25 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Maybe the 4 mil per is for a longer term deal, and Turris' agent is assuming that Turris will be worth more in later years

Example: Year 1 - 2 mil, Year 2 - 2.5mil, Year 3 - 3mil, Year 4 - 4.5mil, Year 5 and 6 - 6mil

Average of 4 mil per, but really I am just speculating. No way Turris asks 4 mil for a one year deal unless he wants out
He's asking $4 million for a 3 year deal. $4 million for a 6 year deal is even worse. You can't just assume this player will become worth that amount of money. What's wrong with earning it?

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote