HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Are the Flames interested in Turris?

Old
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
The logical explanation seems to be that Turris either wants to get paid for not being given any opportunities to earn his pay, or be shipped to a team that will give him a chance.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:43 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZcoyotes33 View Post
So Mikael Backlund just tweeted a picture from the Phoenician hotel in Phoenix. This is COMPLETELY speculation, but i find it a little weird that he is here in Phoenix just days before training camp starts, especially with all of this Turris trade talk.

@mbacklund11
Could be to see Daymond Langkow, or maybe Backlund is acting as Calgary's youth ambassador

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:56 PM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

vCash: 50
If Backlund is getting traded to Phoenix than i want to be seeing Oliver Ekman-Larsson in a Flames uniform next season

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Zacivich

I think we're getting a bit wound up over what we offer for Turris here. Remember, if Phoenix trades his rights, that's all we're gettting, there would be no guarantee he'd sign. So I think we'd offer Stajan and a conditional 2nd. If he signs, they get Stajan and the pick, if he holds out into preseason, they get Stajan only. As of right now, its doesn't look like Phoenix will be getting Turris anyway, they might as well get something for him.

Zacivich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacivich View Post
I think we're getting a bit wound up over what we offer for Turris here. Remember, if Phoenix trades his rights, that's all we're gettting, there would be no guarantee he'd sign. So I think we'd offer Stajan and a conditional 2nd. If he signs, they get Stajan and the pick, if he holds out into preseason, they get Stajan only. As of right now, its doesn't look like Phoenix will be getting Turris anyway, they might as well get something for him.
That is fair value IMO, however we do not have a 2nd next year. A 3rd would not be enough, I think we would need to put our first in play or Nemisz. I think Nemisz and Stajan is a good trade and then I would most prefer from a Flames prespective.

If Turris is traded, I think Calgary is probably one of the likely destinations he ends up. Especially when you factor in our trading history between the two organizations and our need for a player like that. He could become that elusive #1 centre we have been looking for in a couple of seasons.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 12:06 PM
GoFlames

For what it's worth:

"I'm an restricted free agent, other than that I can't say a lot more -- I'll leave it to my agent," Turris told the Vancouver Sun. "It's definitely different. It's tough, but you know there's always the possibility. It's part of the job. I'm just doing everything I can to be ready when the time comes."

According to an ESPN report, Turris is looking for a three-year deal worth just over $12 million, or a two-year contract worth around $6 million.

two years at 3 per would be MUCH better than a three year deal.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 12:38 PM
bloggerfanthe*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Flames Jambalaya Twitter
I wouldn't believe anything from this guy. He is friends with FLAMESTR aka thefanblogger. Both are missing a few screws.

bloggerfanthe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 02:09 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
As of right now, its doesn't look like Phoenix will be getting Turris anyway, they might as well get something for him.
There are amnt teams that would want Turris, it's not like the Coyotes have to trade with Calgary.

And the Coyotes can easily let him holdout, much more pressure on Turris to sign than on the Coyotes.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Zacivich

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
That is fair value IMO, however we do not have a 2nd next year. A 3rd would not be enough, I think we would need to put our first in play or Nemisz. I think Nemisz and Stajan is a good trade and then I would most prefer from a Flames prespective.

If Turris is traded, I think Calgary is probably one of the likely destinations he ends up. Especially when you factor in our trading history between the two organizations and our need for a player like that. He could become that elusive #1 centre we have been looking for in a couple of seasons.
I'm happy with Stajan and Nemisz for Turris, but can we make a conditional trade with a player? Off the top of my head I can't think of a time that's happened. I wouldn't want to lose Nemisz if Turris doesn't sign. I don't care about losing Stajan, thats just more cap space. Now the big question is, with Marchand likely not signing in Boston, do we push for him or Turris? We don't really have anyone that Boston would want.

Zacivich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Remember2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux66lemieux View Post
If Backlund is getting traded to Phoenix than i want to be seeing Oliver Ekman-Larsson in a Flames uniform next season
AND I wanna see Crosby but thats not happening OEL is one of the Coyotes top Defensive prospects we would have to send Iginla (not saying we would or should) but thats what it will take

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
FlamesFan6612
#timerixonwho?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
AND I wanna see Crosby but thats not happening OEL is one of the Coyotes top Defensive prospects we would have to send Iginla (not saying we would or should) but thats what it will take
Well i most certainly wouldnt trade a young player that looks to be good for a young player that looks to be bad.

FlamesFan6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:17 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I'm happy with Stajan and Nemisz for Turris, but can we make a conditional trade with a player? Off the top of my head I can't think of a time that's happened. I wouldn't want to lose Nemisz if Turris doesn't sign. I don't care about losing Stajan, thats just more cap space. Now the big question is, with Marchand likely not signing in Boston, do we push for him or Turris? We don't really have anyone that Boston would want.
I've never heard of any team conditionally trading a player. I don't think it could be done either, imagine the PR nightmare that would be for a team if the player (in this case Nemisz) remained with the Flames.

Personally I'd rather target Turris. Marchand would make an immediate impact on the team and would be a fantastic addition with his combination of grit and scoring ability. However, the cost to acquire Turris would be probably less and he could potentially fill our need for a #1 centre down the road.

Old
09-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1440
"Future considerations" would be a way to trade a player conditionally.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Flames still interested in Turris according to Elliotte Friedman:

Quote:
12) Who's interested in Turris? Calgary, for sure. The problem is, I don't think the Flames have what Phoenix would need. Not exactly loaded with prospects, does it make sense to trade high picks or a prospect like Mikael Backlund for Turris? (Then again, I'm not even sure the Coyotes would make a Backlund-Turris deal.)

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

At this point, what GM would trade a Backlund for Turris? I sure wouldn't. I would offer Stajan, Nemisz/Howse/Byron, and a draft pick.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
At this point, what GM would trade a Backlund for Turris? I sure wouldn't. I would offer Stajan, Nemisz/Howse/Byron, and a draft pick.
Pretty much, can't see big offers for a 22 year old demanding a big contract who has yet to prove anything at the NHL level.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
slappipappi

Quote:
You'd have a much better chance of getting him for Howse and a draft pick than Stajan, Howse and a draft pick.

Phoenix won't take Stajan back in any trade, as they could simply give Stajan's money to Turris if they felt inclined to do so.

No, Turris, if dealt, will be for prospects/draft picks or an actual NHL player with a decent contract.

Old
10-12-2011, 10:53 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
You'd have a much better chance of getting him for Howse and a draft pick than Stajan, Howse and a draft pick.

Phoenix won't take Stajan back in any trade, as they could simply give Stajan's money to Turris if they felt inclined to do so.

No, Turris, if dealt, will be for prospects/draft picks or an actual NHL player with a decent contract.
Swap Stajan with Moss, then I don't have to see him centering the first line anymore.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
Swap Stajan with Moss, then I don't have to see him centering the first line anymore.
I would send Moss away for Turris as well. Its too bad we don't have a 2nd round pick because I think Moss, Howse and a 2nd would be a good offer. I do not want want to give up a first round pick though and doubt many teams would be willing to either in this draft.

If we acquired Turris and did not send a centre the other way in return, this would all but assure Stajan would be going to the Heat. I hope Feaster is on the phone with Nieuwy right now trying to work out a deal. I think that may actually be a good fit given their cap situation.

Old
10-12-2011, 12:33 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
I would send Moss away for Turris as well. Its too bad we don't have a 2nd round pick because I think Moss, Howse and a 2nd would be a good offer. I do not want want to give up a first round pick though and doubt many teams would be willing to either in this draft.

If we acquired Turris and did not send a centre the other way in return, this would all but assure Stajan would be going to the Heat. I hope Feaster is on the phone with Nieuwy right now trying to work out a deal. I think that may actually be a good fit given their cap situation.
Hell no to that, that pick could very well be a top 10 this year. But I think we will be getting that 2nd back at the deadline, we have enough UFA players come deadline that could fetch a 2nd.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I do not want want to give up a first round pick though and doubt many teams would be willing to either in this draft.
You answered your own question there.

I agree not many teams would give up a first round pick, but suspect at least one would. That's all it takes. Just one. If Calgary won't they likely don't get him.

Chicago got a first rounder for Brouwer.

Old
10-12-2011, 01:47 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
You answered your own question there.

I agree not many teams would give up a first round pick, but suspect at least one would. That's all it takes. Just one. If Calgary won't they likely don't get him.

Chicago got a first rounder for Brouwer.
Last years draft was a lot weaker.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:44 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Turris has done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick being traded for him. Filatov, for example, is younger and had similar results in similar circumstances, and was swapped for a 3rd. He also did nothing in terms of intimating that he wanted a trade. Turris is so overrated on HFBoards, it's insane.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:43 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
IMO Backlund won't be going the other way Backlund is pretty much a signed version of Turris. I don't think Stajan will be going the other way either, because for the same money they can just sign Turris. Calgary won't give up their 1st as it could be top 10 this year.

This leaves more or less, our prospect pool to trade. We would need to give up a center.

Byron or Horak would be going the other way.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2011, 04:49 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Byron or Horak would be going the other way.

In your dreams.

Phoenix won't trade Turris for a throw in, which is what both of those guys were in recent trades.

Many teams would love to take a chance on Turris, so the offers will be better than guys like that.

I think someone would give up a first for him. Certainly more than guys like Horak and Butler.