HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread 16

Closed Thread

Old
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
So I guess today is the last day of this thread since TC starts tomorrow?

Old
09-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
So I guess today is the last day of this thread since TC starts tomorrow?
I was under the impression we have until the 30th.

Old
09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
Rutgers
NJIT ( that's if I don't get it any where else)
U Mich
Penn State
Boston Univ
UNC

Where do you wanna go?
St. Johns
SUNY Oneonta
SUNY Binghamton
Syracuse
Fordham

Old
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
St. Johns
SUNY Oneonta
SUNY Binghamton
Syracuse
Fordham
i went to Oneonta. it's a fun time

Old
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Groot
I am Groot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
i went to Oneonta. it's a fun time
Yeah if I don't get in to St. John's I'll probably end up going to Oneonta.

Old
09-15-2011, 07:53 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Finally got around to picking up NHL 12. Hopefully I'll be able to play it after I get this Anthropology **** done.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Finally got around to picking up NHL 12. Hopefully I'll be able to play it after I get this Anthropology **** done.
Anthro is cake, what class?

Old
09-15-2011, 08:14 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
Anthro is cake, what class?
Just basic Anthropology. Doesn't seem like anything tough it's just my teachers boring and it's hard to pay attention in class because of it.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
Just basic Anthropology. Doesn't seem like anything tough it's just my teachers boring and it's hard to pay attention in class because of it.
Haha brutal, I remember one of my HS math teachers was the most monotone person I have ever heard speak. Put me to sleep every day.

I'm like a week behind in my books, but they are those sweet ones where all the keywords are bold and they have a handy little blurb about each one in the margins. Keeps me up to speed haha.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
^ Nice.

I'm a sophomore, but I'm already trying to add things to my record that'll look good. I feel frantic. Trying to get into AP for next year, I got a freaking 88 on a ridiculously easy test due to oversights.
Goodluck man. My advice to you is to get involved. Whether its joining a few clubs or just volunteering its pretty important. As I look back at it my lack of involvement probably hurt my college applications. All these kids going to these top schools have hundreds of hours of community service. And don't stress yourself by taking like 8 AP classes. Half the people who do that drop most of them and fail the rest by over working themselves. Try to think about your future major. Taking AP Art History isn't going to help a future engineering student for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
buuurrrrrn!

(<------NJIT grad)

but i cant disagree

engineering?
I don't have anything against NJIT. Its actually a really good school, but I'd rather go to a big football school and am not too fond of Newark. Just applying there as a "safety."
And yes engineering. Possibly biomedical
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik4vezina30 View Post
St. Johns
SUNY Oneonta
SUNY Binghamton
Syracuse
Fordham
I heard Syracuse is pretty fun

Old
09-15-2011, 08:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Haha brutal, I remember one of my HS math teachers was the most monotone person I have ever heard speak. Put me to sleep every day.

I'm like a week behind in my books, but they are those sweet ones where all the keywords are bold and they have a handy little blurb about each one in the margins. Keeps me up to speed haha.
Yeah, being a freshman I'm still getting used to lecture classes and trying to avoid falling asleep. Guess it's good that I do take notes though because even when I read the books I almost fall asleep

Quote:
Goodluck man. My advice to you is to get involved. Whether its joining a few clubs or just volunteering its pretty important. As I look back at it my lack of involvement probably hurt my college applications. All these kids going to these top schools have hundreds of hours of community service. And don't stress yourself by taking like 8 AP classes. Half the people who do that drop most of them and fail the rest by over working themselves. Try to think about your future major. Taking AP Art History isn't going to help a future engineering student for example.

I don't have anything against NJIT. Its actually a really good school, but I'd rather go to a big football school and am not too fond of Newark. Just applying there as a "safety."
And yes engineering. Possibly biomedical

I heard Syracuse is pretty fun
The part about joining clubs and teams is crucial. Colleges love the extracurricular stuff and it's basically what sets you apart from someone else with the same grades. If you're just going to a CUNY like I did than it's not much of an issue but if you're looking to go away to bigger name schools like others have mentioned, than it's important.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:33 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I have 2 exams coming up next thursday and I have not studied nor went to many classes. I am going to all the classes next week and possibly going to read the books a bit. It does not seem like a big deal seeing as it is business calculus and microeconomics, but I just gotta get my **** together and start going to class

Old
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Swagelin
aka Bienvenue a ny

Quote:
Yeah, being a freshman I'm still getting used to lecture classes and trying to avoid falling asleep. Guess it's good that I do take notes though because even when I read the books I almost fall asleep

The part about joining clubs and teams is crucial. Colleges love the extracurricular stuff and it's basically what sets you apart from someone else with the same grades. If you're just going to a CUNY like I did than it's not much of an issue but if you're looking to go away to bigger name schools like others have mentioned, than it's important.
Its important but not the deciding factor. I think its: GPA>SAT>Extracurriculars.
The way I see it is that a person with the same Stats might apply and they'd take the student with the better extracurriculars.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:34 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Stony Brook has been ****ing awesome so far. I really like all of my suitemates except my crazy roommate, plenty of attractive chicks, my classes are going fine (even though I can't help but feel Poli. Sci. is a joke degree here) and there's plenty to do most weekends.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:38 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Its important but not the deciding factor. I think its: GPA>SAT>Extracurriculars.
The way I see it is that a person with the same Stats might apply and they'd take the student with the better extracurriculars.
Yeah that's what I was saying. To be honest, they may even take someone with a slightly lower GPA and SAT if they have a lot of extracurriculars. They like seeing well rounded students. No doubt that the GPA and SAT are most important though. Doesn't matter how many sports you played if you have a 70 average

Old
09-15-2011, 08:39 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Stony Brook has been ****ing awesome so far. I really like all of my suitemates except my crazy roommate, plenty of attractive chicks, my classes are going fine (even though I can't help but feel Poli. Sci. is a joke degree here) and there's plenty to do most weekends.
How far out is Stony Brook? I know a couple of kids that go there now but never asked them how it was.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:42 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
How far out is Stony Brook? I know a couple of kids that go there now but never asked them how it was.
It takes like an hour and a half to two hours depending on the traffic from Brooklyn. It's great so far, glad I chose to go here over Hunter and Bing. It might come to bite me in the ass when law schools laugh at my degree but whatever.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:46 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
It takes like an hour and a half to two hours depending on the traffic from Brooklyn. It's great so far, glad I chose to go here over Hunter and Bing. It might come to bite me in the ass when law schools laugh at my degree but whatever.
That's not too bad, could always come back for a weekend or whenever you want so that's good. One of the few things I did hear is that the campus is really nice.

I was never big on dorming so going to a CUNY was an easy choice for me.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Procrastination is a real A-hole, I have been super busy outside of school lately too. Figure I'll just take this weekend to read ahead by a chapter in each class. That should really help relieve some stress next week. Then next week I can read a bit from each book every day and stay ahead. Allows me to be able to watch hockey, play some NHL 12, and hang with my wife and kid instead of cramming.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:51 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
That's not too bad, could always come back for a weekend or whenever you want so that's good. One of the few things I did hear is that the campus is really nice.

I was never big on dorming so going to a CUNY was an easy choice for me.
Yeah I plan on coming home every 2-3 weekends if i can. It's easy to do it, and yeah the campus is ****ing gorgeous.

Old
09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Procrastination is a real A-hole, I have been super busy outside of school lately too. Figure I'll just take this weekend to read ahead by a chapter in each class. That should really help relieve some stress next week. Then next week I can read a bit from each book every day and stay ahead. Allows me to be able to watch hockey, play some NHL 12, and hang with my wife and kid instead of cramming.
I've been trying to stay a step ahead myself. All it takes is that one night of being lazy to **** everything up though which I had last night. Threw everything off.

Old
09-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

Quote:
I've been trying to stay a step ahead myself. All it takes is that one night of being lazy to **** everything up though which I had last night. Threw everything off.
I know what you mean. I initially planned on starting this last weekend but I went to visit my parents Sunday/Monday and only read on Saturday so it didn't work out. Actually it kind of back fired because now I am behind haha. But whatever I'll get caught up.

Old
09-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Muh
Beadle

Bought NHL '12 today, I love it.

Started my season, 2 games in, MZA leads in goals with 3.

Brought up Erixon and made lines look how we voted em. Definetly gonna be playing all night.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muh View Post
Bought NHL '12 today, I love it.

Started my season, 2 games in, MZA leads in goals with 3.

Brought up Erixon and made lines look how we voted em. Definetly gonna be playing all night.
I made the lines like we voted them too, except I switched Dubinsky to the 1st line and Wolski to the 2nd line.

Old
09-15-2011, 11:14 PM
Muh
Beadle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
I made the lines like we voted them too, except I switched Dubinsky to the 1st line and Wolski to the 2nd line.
I actually did the same. My first thought while we voted was that WW was a better fit. But after hearing the argument of others on why Duby was a better fit, I changed my opinion.

So like you, I have Duby on the 1st line.

Also I use MDZ over Eminger. Maybe its just my hopeful thinking he grabs the 6th spot, but I use him over Eminger.

Closed Thread