Wednesday, September 7th Jets Papers

Old
09-07-2011, 07:13 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets score with jerseys. We know what we think of the jerseys, but what was your first impression?

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets continue to impress. Count me as someone who was impressed by yesterday’s ceremony. What needs to be remembered is that the Jets are doing everything at hyper speed.

Winnipeg Sun: Jets looking good in new jerseys. While some might not feel that you are going to get a players honest thoughts about the jerseys, having had the opportunity to conduct 1 on 1 interviews with Eric Fehr, Mark Stuart and Nik Antropov yesterday, the trio generally seemed pumped about the new uniforms.

Winnipeg Free Press: Team’s GM pleased with rush job. People might not love everything about the new jerseys, but they need to remember that this was done in a fraction of the time normally allotted for new jersey production.

Winnipeg Sun: Fans finally see Jets jerseys. From the fans we’ve talked to, the overall impression is a positive one.

Medicine Hat News: Camp exodus set to begin. A brief mention of Jets prospect Sebastian Owuya.

KHL News:

TSN: Plane carrying KHL team crashes, killing 36. This evokes memory of the plane crash that happened to the Marshall college football team. Former Winnipeg Jet Igor Korolev is an assistant coach with Lokomotiv. Thoughts and prayers to the families.

Around the NHL:

ESPN: Teemu working on his knee. I’m not a betting man, but if I had to guess, I think that he is going to play next season.

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette: Crosby to speak publicly today about his health. They will be live tweeting his press conference in case you want to know what is happening with the game’s #1 superstar.

Montreal Gazette: Quebecor’s NHL arena pact okayed. If you are a fan of NHL hockey returning to QC (and who can say they don’t love those blue jerseys) then this is a step forward to getting a team back.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-07-2011 at 10:17 AM.
ICdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 11:12 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Prospect Pulse: Rookie Tournament and Jordan DePape

The Young Stars Rookie tournament is only a few days away and the Jets recently announced their roster. On paper, the team matches up fairly well against the competition (Oilers, Canucks) that have released rosters. One of the rookie camp invites of interest for Jets fans is Winnipeg native Jordan DePape.

A winger with the Kamloops Blazers (and coincidently traded for Jets’ prospect Shayne Wiebe), DePape (who is nursing a sore hip) is a right-handed shot who stands 5’10 and weighs in at 190 pounds. A former Winnipeg Saint, DePape posted very respectable numbers with the Blazers last year (54-21-27-48) to go along with 49 PIMS.

More on DePape after the jump.

Old
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
The Calgary Flames rookies are playing the Calgary Dinos. In the past the Oilers rookies have played the Alberta Golden Bears on many occasions. (The Bears have a winning record in those games, BTW.) Hopefully we'll see Jets rookies vs Bisons next year.

Hollywood3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2011, 01:03 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Afternoon Delight

Afternoon Delight

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets players hit hard by McCrimmon’s death. Current Jet and former Red Wings defenceman played under McCrimmon in Detroit.

Brandon Sun(registration required): Wheat Kings trio off to NHL camps. Shayne Wiebe will suit up for the Winnipeg Jets in the NHL rookie tournament in Penticton next week.

IceCaps News:

SJIceCaps: Riley Armstrong to try out with IceCaps. Riley is the younger brother of NHLer Colby Armstrong. He (Riley) was mistakenly reported today to being on the Lokomotiv plane that crashed.

SJIceCaps: IceCaps jerseys will likely look like this. Now that the Jets jerseys have been revealed, speculation turns to the AHL farm team and what those uniforms might look like. Nothing is official until it is released by the team.

KHL Breaking News:

Edmonton Journal: KHL club Yaroslavl Lokomotiv wiped out by plane crash. They have a tentative list of the people on board the plane.

NHL.com: NHL players react to tragedy on twitter. It is difficult to be eloquent in 140 characters or less but nice that the players in North America, many who probably had friends on that plane, have reached out.

San Jose Mercury News: Sharks prospect on roster of team in plane crash tragedy. The news is still not quite clear as to who was on and who wasn’t on the Yak-42 plane that crashed.

Syracuse: Former Syracuse Crunch David Ling saw Russian tragedy coming. I wish I could say I’m surprised but it would appear that the standards for aviation outside of the major population centers are not quite what we are used to here in North America.

Around the NHL:

Pittsburgh Post Gazette: Crosby optimistic about playing next season. Good news for the NHL, but if you picked that 1st Jets/Pens game I wouldn’t bet on seeing him on the ice.

The Province: Canucks would love to pull a Pittsburgh. Much like the Pens did back in 2009, these same Canucks wouldn’t shock the world if they were able to get back and win the Cup in 2011/12.

TSN: Blackhawks full of premium talent. The Hawks’ are still quite scary despite the gutting of their roster after the Cup win.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-07-2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old
09-07-2011, 04:30 PM
ps241
Get on board Sip :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgMikos View Post
The Young Stars Rookie tournament is only a few days away and the Jets recently announced their roster. On paper, the team matches up fairly well against the competition (Oilers, Canucks) that have released rosters. One of the rookie camp invites of interest for Jets fans is Winnipeg native Jordan DePape.

A winger with the Kamloops Blazers (and coincidently traded for Jets’ prospect Shayne Wiebe), DePape (who is nursing a sore hip) is a right-handed shot who stands 5’10 and weighs in at 190 pounds. A former Winnipeg Saint, DePape posted very respectable numbers with the Blazers last year (54-21-27-48) to go along with 49 PIMS.

More on DePape after the jump.
I know a guy who knows Kamloops like the back of his hand and when I asked him about DePape he said "he is very good and he is surprised DePape didn't get drafted. Tough winger who does it all. Scores, hits you name it."

Good news for us

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote