HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Around the NHL (Regular Season) I

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Per McKenzie, with the Rangers sending Avery to the minors, both NYR and Dallas pick up $1.9m in cap space. That, however, will put the Stars below the cap floor when Adam Pardy comes off IR. I wonder if they'd be at all interested in ShaMo? Morrisonn's cap hit is almost identical to the portion of Avery's cap hit that Dallas was paying.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:03 PM
jfb392

vCash: 500
Rich Peverley gets a three year, $9,750,000 ($3,250,000 AAV) extension from the B's.

Too bad for us, he was one of the free agents I wanted next year in another weak market.
He's incredibly versatile and would bring just about everything we're looking for to the table except for toughness.
Plus, he has a Cup ring, which is one more than anyone else on our team.

I guess we can always hope for Stoll to hit the market, but that's about it.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Rich Peverley gets a three year, $9,750,000 ($3,250,000 AAV) extension from the B's.

Too bad for us, he was one of the free agents I wanted next year in another weak market.
He's incredibly versatile and would bring just about everything we're looking for to the table except for toughness.
Plus, he has a Cup ring, which is one more than anyone else on our team.

I guess we can always hope for Stoll to hit the market, but that's about it.
Nielsen. Though I'd imagine the Isles will re-sign him.

Old
10-11-2011, 12:52 PM
ct2111

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyPsycho View Post
Loving the 3 on 3 action in OT. Ovechkin/Semin/Backstrom need to wake up. Rest of the team is carrying them. Vokoun having a bad game too.
10 goals in that game and Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, Lecavalier, St. Louis, Stamkos had a combined 0 points. Crazy.

Old
10-11-2011, 01:11 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciclesonapapershelf View Post

I loved Timmy, big fan of his skills, but he really is ridiculously bad-lucked with injuries.
Wouldn't call it bad luck at this point. He's just frail.

Old
10-11-2011, 07:57 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Its scary how good the Pens are without Malkin n Crosby...

and now it dawns on me Malkin is on my fantasy team grrr...

Old
10-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Flyers send Stefan "I Quit" Legein and a 6th rounder to the Kings for those elusive and promising Future Considerations. Flyers clear a contract off the books since they were at the 50 contract limit.

10-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Dallas gets above the payroll basement by acquiring recently recall waivered Eric Nystrom for more future considerations.

Old
10-12-2011, 07:54 PM
glassjaw*

7uongo living up to his name.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:02 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo View Post
7uongo living up to his name.
My Canuck fan friends call October "****tober" because of how terribly they play at the beginning of every season.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Havok89

Couturier is really good... Looks great on the pk and has good offensive instincts. Giroux/Schenn/Couturier just isn't fair.

Old
10-12-2011, 08:50 PM
sabresfan129103

Rooting for Carolina tonight. I want no part of a win less team in here during the home opener.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Rhett4
Say no to Ekblad

Bruins and Canes both with one win in four games? Love it.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:17 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
Couturier is really good... Looks great on the pk and has good offensive instincts. Giroux/Schenn/Couturier just isn't fair.
I really wish Buffalo would have moved up to grab him, he is going to be something special for years to come and he would be perfect flanking Ennis and Stafford ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Bruins and Canes both with one win in four games? Love it.
good, GOOOOD ..

Old
10-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
According to someone around here, he's a sloth-footed, slow bum.

I love Couturier's overall game. The kid's a stud. I hate that he's a Flyer.

Old
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
I really wish Buffalo would have moved up to grab him, he is going to be something special for years to come and he would be perfect flanking Ennis and Stafford ..
Well, in his post draft interview, Darcy said they were interested in trading up but some of the recent activity changed that.
The only pick that was higher than our #16 that was traded close to the draft was #8 which was traded to Philadelphia, so I think it's a given that they were interested in that pick and one of the centers available around that spot.

Couturier and Zibanejad were the most NHL ready, so they were likely looking at one of those two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
According to someone around here, he's a sloth-footed, slow bum.

I love Couturier's overall game. The kid's a stud. I hate that he's a Flyer.
That poster seemed to disappear after he repeatedly said Craig Patrick was going to be named president when Pegula took over and it never happened.

I think the situation in Philadelphia is a really good one for Couturier and I'm happy that he was selected by them instead of Columbus.
Being selected by Columbus in the first round seems to be the kiss of death.

Old
10-13-2011, 10:51 AM
joshjull

Quote:
The talent the Flyers have had at center the last few years is definately unfair.

They get a few years of Briere, Richards, Carter and Giroux. That didn't work so they send Richards/Carter packing in trades and reload with Schenn/Couturier in their place.

Old
10-13-2011, 11:09 AM
joshjull

Flyers fans boo 'Hockey Fights Cancer' PSA featuring rival players

http://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articl...1497?GT1=39002

Quote:
During an intermission between periods in the game against the Vancouver Canucks in the team’s home opener, a Hockey Fights Cancer public service announcement appeared on the arena’s jumbotron. The PSA featured Pittsburgh Penguins center Sidney Crosby, Chicago Blackhawks center Jonathan Toews and Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller, disliked players on teams which have had bitter rivalries with the Flyers over the years. So Flyers fans did what came naturally when they saw those players: they booed them, despite the fact they were representing and speaking to a worthwhile cause which I am confident most Flyers fans wouldn’t boo had it not been for those players’ appearances in the spot.

Sadly, this is yet another example of an event that will damage the reputation of all of Philadelphia’s passionate sports fans. Too bad the folks in the crowd on Wednesday night didn’t take a moment to think about what exactly they were booing.

Oh Flyer fans

Its actually one of the top stories on MSN.com

Last edited by joshjull: 10-13-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old
10-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

Oh Flyer fans

yahoo's article has the video... here it is

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp14710

I do hate to defend Philly fans but the introduce themselves before they say what they are talking about and if you aren't paying attention to the background you don't know it is for cancer right away.

That being say I don't know the exact situation and when they started booing, if they kept booing once they saw it was for cancer or anything else.

all around though

Old
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Tachycineta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Rooting for Carolina tonight. I want no part of a win less team in here during the home opener.
I'm going crazy. I interpreted this quote as saying you wanted Carolina to beat Buffalo.

A) That obviously doesn't make sense and B) Today is Thursday (Captain obvious).

I am so annoyed about the Flyers too. I wouldn't mind getting Turris for cheap as a gamble (Like Filatov for a 3rd) but I know Phoenix would just hold onto him (and I don't like taking advantage of teams whose players are being less than professional (even if it's their right).

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!
Old
10-13-2011, 12:10 PM
ohheyimmark

Connolly's injury is worse than they thought. Now week-to-week rather than day-to-day.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post

Oh Flyer fans

I got a kick out of it on Sunday, I went to the Bills/Eagles game and we were tailgating before the game and this big RV with Eagles stuff pasted all over it pull in so right away you hear a few boos here and there, no big deal. They get out, start setting up, nobody is paying any attention to them. Then about 5 or 6 of them get on top of the RV and start waiving a giant Eagles flag and chanting Eagles. The lot is jam packed so this is what starts to get their attention, and people start yelling at them.

Minutes later, they don't stop so people start throwing little bits of foot; hot dog rolls and other little things of the sort. Then somebody throws a pumpkin and one of the guys flips out and gets down from the RV and picks out the guy who threw it and tries to start a fight. On his way back to his RV he screams "this place is a ****hole, this would never happen in Philly!"

I just found the hypocrisy too much to ignore.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Oh, and let me just say I absolutely LOVE NHL Gamecenter. I've never been able to watch as many NHL games as I have so far this season. Quality is great, the additional features are great, just all around a great product and well worth the money to anybody looking into it.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstar2866 View Post
Connolly's injury is worse than they thought. Now week-to-week rather than day-to-day.
I truly feel bad for the guy.

Old
10-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I got a kick out of it on Sunday, I went to the Bills/Eagles game and we were tailgating before the game and this big RV with Eagles stuff pasted all over it pull in so right away you hear a few boos here and there, no big deal. They get out, start setting up, nobody is paying any attention to them. Then about 5 or 6 of them get on top of the RV and start waiving a giant Eagles flag and chanting Eagles. The lot is jam packed so this is what starts to get their attention, and people start yelling at them.

Minutes later, they don't stop so people start throwing little bits of foot; hot dog rolls and other little things of the sort. Then somebody throws a pumpkin and one of the guys flips out and gets down from the RV and picks out the guy who threw it and tries to start a fight. On his way back to his RV he screams "this place is a ****hole, this would never happen in Philly!"

I just found the hypocrisy too much to ignore.
True story. Pumpkins are way too boring to be thrown in Philly. They start with bowling balls and work their way up.

Closed Thread