Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

vCash: 500
2014 Offseason Ducks trade proposals / offers / speculation /etc part I

Blow it up. Trade everyone.

Seriously though, I think our UFA signings will be determined by what we do on draft day.

Old
05-17-2014, 01:29 PM
duckfan8

If we could get phaneuf in a good deal id be all over it, realistically vanek will be too expensive so maybe sign moulson. I doubt we will be able to make a deal with Vancouver as I have heard they're asking too much. The money we save not signing hiller, selanne , koivu should we try to go after miller or just go with gibby/Anderson?

Old
05-17-2014, 01:31 PM
DuckTech
In vino veritas

vCash: 50
My thought with Miller is something like the contract we have for Souray - not in value but in NTC - give him a good 4 or 5 year contract with a NTC in the 1st year and a limited NMC in the 2nd. the rest of the years has him movable.

Old
05-17-2014, 01:32 PM
DaGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfan8 View Post
If we could get phaneuf in a good deal id be all over it, realistically vanek will be too expensive so maybe sign moulson. I doubt we will be able to make a deal with Vancouver as I have heard they're asking too much. The money we save not signing hiller, selanne , koivu should we try to go after miller or just go with gibby/Anderson?
I would go Andersen/Gibby in net.

I don't want Phaneuf. Go after Josi in Nashville instead.

Old
05-17-2014, 01:51 PM
hockeycrew22

Who do you think on the roster is the most expendable?

In order to get a high profile player, we will obviously have to part with some significant assets.

From the D, the only player that I believe that will get interest is Sbisa. I am not willing to move Sami at this point. He improved immensely in the playoffs. Guys like he, Lindholm and Fowler should not be moved. That leaves Beauch, Allen, Souray, Sbisa, Fistric and Lovejoy. With the exception of Sbisa, if those other players were to be traded it would only return low draft picks.

From the Offense, we have a multitude of guys who could be 2nd/3rd line players in this league. Palmieri, Rakell, Etem, Silfverberg and DSP. I am high on all of these players. When motivated, Palmieri has shown flashes of brilliance with his shot and outside speed. Rakell seems to be very reliable in his own end. Etem has speed and toughness. DSP improved leaps and bounds in these playoffs - prior to that I thought he could be the most expendable; maybe he still is. Silfverberg has that shot but he just doesn't seem to get it released fast enough. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the high slot on the powerplay next year.

To me, guys like Beleskey and Perrault are the only ones who could be let go but the Ducks may not get players back as good as them.

Are we willing to part with the young players in order to get 1-2 years of a player like Kesler? Then hope we can resign him?

Who is out there on the FA market that the Ducks can acquire at a reasonable price?

Old
05-17-2014, 02:16 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 150
Pieces that I think we could move:

Sbisa
Beauchemin
Lovejoy (Love him but I think we can find an upgrade over him, plus his value should be decent on the market)
Palmieri
Rakell
Perrault (He should stay, we won't get the value on him in a trade that he brings to this team)
Our top 4 picks in the draft.

I'd prefer to trade Beachemin, then bring in Dion P. It would probably have to be in separate deals, and I don't know the best deal to get Dion, but that's my wish list.

Then sign a Moulson type FA forward.

Edit: *absolute dream scenario*
Offer sheet PK Subban, send the 4 1st rounds picks, trade down with our #10 pick and acquire a late first this year and a 1st next year.

Last edited by ShadowDuck: 05-17-2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old
05-17-2014, 02:25 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

Please don't trade Beauchemin. Players almost never have a good year after an ACL reconstruction. We will never see the 2013 Beauchemin ever again, but the solid #3 guy that we loved when we traded for him will make a return. I am confident in that.

Old
05-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
Pieces that I think we could move:

Sbisa
Beauchemin
Lovejoy (Love him but I think we can find an upgrade over him, plus his value should be decent on the market)
Palmieri
Rakell
Perrault (He should stay, we won't get the value on him in a trade that he brings to this team)
Our top 4 picks in the draft.

I'd prefer to trade Beachemin, then bring in Dion P. It would probably have to be in separate deals, and I don't know the best deal to get Dion, but that's my wish list.

Then sign a Moulson type FA forward.

Edit: *absolute dream scenario*
Offer sheet PK Subban, send the 4 1st rounds picks, trade down with our #10 pick and acquire a late first this year and a 1st next year.
PK Subban should be offer sheeted. I have no doubts in my mind that Bob Murray won't be actively perusing him come summer time.

Old
05-17-2014, 02:57 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Everyone wanting to offer sheet PK Subban is aware that an offer sheet capable of prying him out of Montreal will both cripple the team financially AND guarantee Lindholm gets the same treatment as soon as his contract is up, right?

Old
05-17-2014, 03:04 PM
tANNERRRR54

I'm glad Ducksgo isn't a GM.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:09 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Everyone wanting to offer sheet PK Subban is aware that an offer sheet capable of prying him out of Montreal will both cripple the team financially AND guarantee Lindholm gets the same treatment as soon as his contract is up, right?
We have a lot of money coming off the books. We can afford PK Subban. And who knows if Lindholm will be as good as Subban is right now and worthy of an off sheet.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:27 PM
Gliff
Nick Bonino

There is zero chance the Ducks offsheat the best player on the richest team in the NHL. They will troll us for the next 10 years with our RFAs.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Exit Dose

We don't have to worry about them stealing Lindholm because there isn't an offer sheet that we could reasonably give that they won't match.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Exit Dose

I find it funny that people still target Perreault for removal when Bonino disappeared through a large stretch of the first round and was hit or miss in the second, whereas Perreault showed up for all of his games - sometimes he was the only person on his line to do so.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:44 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Bonino plays the PK extensively and usually contributes in ways that don't figure on the scoresheet. You're aware I'm in the camp that feels Perreault actually produces very well though.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:48 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
We need a stud dman, that's for damn sure, and a mean top six forward. I'm not as worried about the goaltending for some reason.

I don't know, I'm worried that our players don't have the 'it' bug that guys like pahlsson, marchant, Scotty, and Pronger had. They didn't ***** out in big games, but they also weren't in their early 20's. I hope that's what it was last year and now this year.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Quack

I'd like for the Ducks to bring in Kesler or Spezza and Miller. Give Gibsion another year in the AHL and get him some more experience and have Anderson and Miller in goal for us. Spezza/Kesler could really add a lot to this team, but I suppose it depends on the cost of them.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:56 PM
Esq.

What are the odds of Koivu returning? Has he stated whether he wants to continue playing?

Old
05-17-2014, 03:57 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
What are the odds of Koivu returning? Has he stated whether he wants to continue playing?
doubtful, he looked horrible since his concussion. all of 2014.

Old
05-17-2014, 03:58 PM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
we need a pp point shot that is hard and gets through. this is top need, our pp killed us all year.

we need another stay at home dman, with some size that is top 4 quality.

we need a strong 2 way center that is nails at face offs.

we need our current centers to get better at faceoffs.

we need a goalie, hiller, miller or whatever, gibby needs another year in the ahl i think.

Old
05-17-2014, 04:16 PM
QuackCity93

I could see us targeting someone like wille mitchell and I believe he is a ufa. I highly doubt we offersheet subban. And I think We try to trade for one of Kesler/Spezza or try to sign stasny and maybe move perreault to wing

Old
05-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratefulyours View Post
we need a pp point shot that is hard and gets through. this is top need, our pp killed us all year.

we need another stay at home dman, with some size that is top 4 quality.

we need a strong 2 way center that is nails at face offs.

we need our current centers to get better at faceoffs.

we need a goalie, hiller, miller or whatever, gibby needs another year in the ahl i think.
Jeff Petry comes to mind. A lot of people on the ducks board haven't watched his game. But he's a solid two way RHD with a hard shot on the point. Edmonton needs alot of different pieces to complement HALL - RNH- Yak etc. And we have the pieces to make it happen. He's also RFA. So we will get the best years out of him.

Old
05-17-2014, 04:39 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Jeff Petry comes to mind. A lot of people on the ducks board haven't watched his game. But he's a solid two way RHD with a hard shot on the point. Edmonton needs alot of different pieces to complement HALL - RNH- Yak etc. And we have the pieces to make it happen. He's also RFA. So we will get the best years out of him.
The number one thing Edmonton needs is NHL quality defensemen. They won't trade him.

Old
05-17-2014, 04:46 PM
hockeycrew22

We need players that give it their all when the game is on the line. Guys like Justin Williams. He is money in big games despite being lackluster in virtually any other game.

UFA forwards that are intriguing:

Dave Bolland (made 3.375m last year)
Brian Boyle (made 1.7m last year)
Jussi Jokinen (made 3m last year)

D:
Matt Niskanen (made 2.3m last year)

Other than that I don't see any worthwhile free agents out there that Murray would try and sign. There are guys like Callahan and Moulson but they will get absurd contracts from a desperate GM.

Old
05-17-2014, 05:11 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
The number one thing Edmonton needs is NHL quality defensemen. They won't trade him.
They need atleast one top 6 forward as well as a rehaul on their bottom 6. We have those pieces. They also have Darnell Nurse stepping in as well on the blue line. If they feel they can use our picks to their advantage for Ekblad as well as adding some of our forwards. I could see a trade for Petry.

Closed Thread