HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Official Training Camp/Rookie Camp Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Levine View Post
DeSimone sounds interesting from the reports I've been reading. Has anyone seen him play? From the few clips I saw on YouTube, seems to be fast and a good passer. Any room for him at center on the 3rd line in Hamilton?
I can't rememeber if I saw UNH last season but I've certainly seen them in the past just don't recall him as of now. I believe he was on a line with Paul Thompson who was one of the top forwards in the NCAA.

As for room at 3rd line center, it depends on what happens with the Habs. If say Engqvist makes the Habs, then the Dogs could be looking at Leblanc, Fortier, Nattinen, and Masse as the centers. Dumont and Trotter can play center if need be so that just confuses things even more. If DeSimone has a good camp, I'm sure they can find room for him somewhere, or at worst in the ECHL.

Old
09-08-2011, 03:25 PM
neofury*

I wonder how DeSimone will do! I'm curious. Looked him up and he has good stats for a bad non-playoff team. How bad could he be? If he makes the dogs that would be cool landing yet another guy like Diaz.

Old
09-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I can't rememeber if I saw UNH last season but I've certainly seen them in the past just don't recall him as of now. I believe he was on a line with Paul Thompson who was one of the top forwards in the NCAA.

As for room at 3rd line center, it depends on what happens with the Habs. If say Engqvist makes the Habs, then the Dogs could be looking at Leblanc, Fortier, Nattinen, and Masse as the centers. Dumont and Trotter can play center if need be so that just confuses things even more. If DeSimone has a good camp, I'm sure they can find room for him somewhere, or at worst in the ECHL.
I was thinking Leblanc/Nattinen; didn't even think about Engqvist. Fortier is 2nd liner? So if DeSimone looks good, he'd be fighting with Masse?

From the clips, Phil DeSimone was forming a pretty good line with Thompson and Mike Sislo. Both of them played a few games last year with the Penguins and the Devils farm teams.

Hope we'll have someone able to go to Brossard and report.

Old
09-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

94 Ben Winnett Centre Michigan (CCHA)
83 Étienne Brodeur Left Wing Lewiston (QMJHL)
55 Olivier Dame-Malka Defenseman Lewiston (QMJHL)
70 Tony Dehart Defenseman Oshawa (OHL)
48 Philip Desimone Centre New Hampshire (HE)
87 Robin Gusse GOALIE Rouyn-Noranda / Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
91 Josh McFadden Defenseman Sudbury (OHL)
89 Jordon Southorn Defenseman Trenton (ECHL)

+ Zach Fitzgerald

Pretty nice list of invitees. 4 former draft picks, 2 top players from the Q and 1 top player from the OHL.

My guess is that they sign Fitzgerald, Dame-Malka and DeSimone to AHL contracts. They might also keep an eye on McFadden and Brodeur but I expect them to return to the CHL for the overage season.

Old
09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Max Levine

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I wonder how DeSimone will do! I'm curious. Looked him up and he has good stats for a bad non-playoff team. How bad could he be? If he makes the dogs that would be cool landing yet another guy like Diaz.
#39 first goal. Good acceleration, nice move to get the outside lane. I wonder too.

Old
09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
My guess is that they sign Fitzgerald, Dame-Malka and DeSimone to AHL contracts. They might also keep an eye on McFadden and Brodeur but I expect them to return to the CHL for the overage season.

I could see them signing McFadden to an NHL deal. One or two guys get an AHL contract and play in the ECHL.

Quote:
I was thinking Leblanc/Nattinen; didn't even think about Engqvist. Fortier is 2nd liner? So if DeSimone looks good, he'd be fighting with Masse.
I don't know where they will slot Fortier but he could be the 2nd line center. Too many question marks at this time but we'll see how it shakes out. I would think that if DeSimone looks good he would be fighting Masse for ice time unless they want to move someone to the wing.

Quote:
UNH was one of the top teams in the Hockey East

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-08-2011 at 04:21 PM.
Old
09-08-2011, 04:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
94 Ben Winnett Centre Michigan (CCHA)
83 Étienne Brodeur Left Wing Lewiston (QMJHL)
55 Olivier Dame-Malka Defenseman Lewiston (QMJHL)
70 Tony Dehart Defenseman Oshawa (OHL)
48 Philip Desimone Centre New Hampshire (HE)
87 Robin Gusse GOALIE Rouyn-Noranda / Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
91 Josh McFadden Defenseman Sudbury (OHL)
89 Jordon Southorn Defenseman Trenton (ECHL)

+ Zach Fitzgerald

Pretty nice list of invitees. 4 former draft picks, 2 top players from the Q and 1 top player from the OHL.

I thought Malka signed with an NHL team?! He's amazing.

Old
09-08-2011, 05:26 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Ben Winnett..

The Ex Leaf Draftee?

Old
09-08-2011, 05:42 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Brodeur, ODM, DeHart, DeSimone and McFadden... Excited to hear how they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Ben Winnett..

The Ex Leaf Draftee?
Yeah, that's him.

Old
09-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Franky Gee

I'll be in Toronto during the training camp, is there any place where I can watch the games on RDS ? (unless it's the "on the fly" format... which I won't bother for)

Old
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
(unless it's the "on the fly" format... which I won't bother for)
No, the 7 pre-season games announced on RDS are complete coverage.

Habs Prospects website
Old
09-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
#39 first goal. Good acceleration, nice move to get the outside lane. I wonder too.
The D clearly lost his balance. You can see him being pissed at himself after the goal.

These highlights are really good tho that looks like a great league.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:02 PM
IYF

wow season is here once again, how does the d look for the bulls this year, many spots available? It seems that a few of the d who are invited are not of age to play this year, if so where does that leave the rest who are invited and how many spots are available? Looking forward to seeing McFadden, Southorn and malka, and what are their chances?

Old
09-08-2011, 08:07 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot1 View Post
wow season is here once again, how does the d look for the bulls this year, many spots available? It seems that a few of the d who are invited are not of age to play this year, if so where does that leave the rest who are invited and how many spots are available? Looking forward to seeing McFadden, Southorn and malka, and what are their chances?
AHL have Diaz/Mitera/Nash/St.Denis/Stejskal/Henry. They're set and will likely get a few more depth players. Assuming by Bulls you mean the bulldogs.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:12 PM
EveryDay

Really hope Mtl sign Dame-Malka,.

The D in hamilton next year should look like this

Mitera-Diaz
Nash-St-Denis
Henry-Stejskal

Fitzgerald???

Old
09-08-2011, 08:30 PM
IYF

Yes I did mean the Bulldogs, it just seems that you have few guys fighting for a few spots, McFadden has been given a lot of hype but yet he does not show on your roster Monaco, Malka does even though he played as an overager in the Q last year, does that count as a break out Year, and/or, why do you wish he gets a spot? Southorn opted to go pro even though he could have played in the Q and was a drafted player to Buffalo, 4th round I believe, played four solid years in the Q, it is a major jump from major junior to pro hockey. Just curious on your selections thats all...

Old
09-08-2011, 08:44 PM
ChasingCheckers
chasingcheckers*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
Jesus look at Fitzgerald's PIMs. This guy is definitely a goon/fighter. Which doesn't bother me because we need some intimidating guys in the system.
I really hope Fitzy ends up with you guys in Hamilton. He is an AMAZING guy, and hands down was THE fan favorite last year in Charlotte. He's charismatic, talkative, friendly and incredible with fans, especially kids.

On the ice, he isn't without his issues, he can be frustrating and takes dumb penalties. He's truly an enforcer with a heart of gold.

Old
09-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franky Gee View Post
I'll be in Toronto during the training camp, is there any place where I can watch the games on RDS ? (unless it's the "on the fly" format... which I won't bother for)
Internet and a stream ?

Old
09-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Just want to say....one of the most interesting year ever as far as invitations.....I'm excited. Might not come to anything, but the names are REALLY interesting...

Ben Winnett...Michigan...
Southorn...always liked the kid...always find him to be rock steady defensively. Can't wait to see how Walsh will look this year. I'm expecting big things from him....maybe too much though.

Yet, the Habs are doing everything they can so that there's not a whole lot of people that will go to watch them. Sad. No weekends again. Won't be able to go. Sorry. But it's not my fault.

Quote:
Interesting to see another Michigan player at camp. Whitesnake must be happy, although I would have rather seen Matt Rust or Scotter Vaughn over Ben Winnett (former leafs draft pick).

What's the word on Tony Dehart?
Just saw your post...yes I'm happy. TOTALLY agree as far as Rust is concerned. But did I miss the memo? Florida let him go? This guy, with the wheels he has, could definately be a 3rd liner to be. Not sure which level though...

As far as Vaughan, not a fan at all. Don't think a whole lot about his hockey sense to be honest. So not dissapointed. And I like Winnett. No progression whatsoever which is a big concern and if Palushaj needs to be bigger and stronger....Winnett needs to use the body of somebody else....but having said that I like his attitude and how he thinks the game. Just that the results have been dissapointing to say the least.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 09-08-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old
09-08-2011, 10:18 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I liked Ben Winnett in his draft year, was disappointed the Leafs drafted him. It'd be awesome to sign him if he impresses.

Old
09-09-2011, 08:28 AM
FrankMTL

Is anybody making it out to the Habs training facility for the start of rookie camp on Monday September 12th? Since it's the first day of camp, they may just be getting their physicals..but i'm anxious to see if any of the younger players have put on some muscle.

Old
09-09-2011, 09:31 AM
neofury*

Quote:
I could see them signing McFadden to an NHL deal. One or two guys get an AHL contract and play in the ECHL.

I don't know where they will slot Fortier but he could be the 2nd line center. Too many question marks at this time but we'll see how it shakes out. I would think that if DeSimone looks good he would be fighting Masse for ice time unless they want to move someone to the wing.

UNH was one of the top teams in the Hockey East
Really? Reason I mentioned it is because on hockeydb they showed zero playoffs so one can only assume they didn't make them, my bad.

Old
09-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I liked Ben Winnett in his draft year, was disappointed the Leafs drafted him. It'd be awesome to sign him if he impresses.
What type of player is he? His numbers in the NCAA are not eye popping.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:26 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What type of player is he? His numbers in the NCAA are not eye popping.
Top6 or bust as he is freakin small.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:32 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Just saw your post...yes I'm happy. TOTALLY agree as far as Rust is concerned. But did I miss the memo? Florida let him go? This guy, with the wheels he has, could definately be a 3rd liner to be. Not sure which level though...

As far as Vaughan, not a fan at all. Don't think a whole lot about his hockey sense to be honest..
Not sure why Florida let him go. I liked the season Vaughan had as a forward and he's got that solid frame and works hard.

Quote:
Really? Reason I mentioned it is because on hockeydb they showed zero playoffs so one can only assume they didn't make them, my bad.
Every team in the NCAA makes the playoffs but they count the regular season, playoffs and frozen four tourny all as one.

Closed Thread