HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2011-2012 Official Training Camp/Rookie Camp Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2011, 10:36 AM
Max Levine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
The D clearly lost his balance. You can see him being pissed at himself after the goal.

These highlights are really good tho that looks like a great league.
We're probably not talking about the same play. By first goal, I meant first goal of the game scored by Thompson. DeSimone is rushing the right side, makes a head move to the inside and goes around. The defenseman didn't lose his balance, nor was he upset with himself.

Old
09-09-2011, 11:18 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

We signed Fitzgerald, 2-way 1 year

Old
09-09-2011, 11:26 PM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
We signed Fitzgerald, 2-way 1 year
Did we? Or is it the Dogs?

Old
09-09-2011, 11:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Did we? Or is it the Dogs?
The Dogs.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...-year-contract

I hope this doesn't turn into another Eric Neilson thing where people, desperate for an enforcer, whine about the Habs not calling up Fitzgerald...when he doesn't actually have a contract with the team in the first place.

Old
09-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The Dogs.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...-year-contract

I hope this doesn't turn into another Eric Neilson thing where people, desperate for an enforcer, whine about the Habs not calling up Fitzgerald...when he doesn't actually have a contract with the team in the first place.
Don't worry. We will be there reminding them...

From a personal standpoint, still piss to hear about all those teams playing in rookie tournament and we're having an extension of our development camps with a few scrimmages with not as much intensity. I mean, while 10ish teams have their own tournament to play in which is fun to see as far as how those rookies react to real games, there's also tons of possibilities to watch it through the net and/or on TV.

As far as the Habs are concerned......no tournament.....no TV.....no weekends. So that's the Hockey mecca?

Last edited by Whitesnake: 09-10-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old
09-10-2011, 08:48 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I know it's been said before but I really wish the Habs participated in Rookie tournaments again.

Old
09-10-2011, 09:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

What's holding them back then? Too much money to put into these tournaments? Surely there's enough interest to see our prospects or at least Beaulieu and Leblanc for the casual fan.

Old
09-10-2011, 10:38 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
What's holding them back then? Too much money to put into these tournaments? Surely there's enough interest to see our prospects or at least Beaulieu and Leblanc for the casual fan.
If I remember, the last year we were in it, Toronto had a lack of prospects so they brought a team of a bunch of older goons.

Old
09-10-2011, 10:50 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If I remember, the last year we were in it, Toronto had a lack of prospects so they brought a team of a bunch of older goons.
Don't think that's it. Until recently the habs didn't even want all of their pre-season games televised. I think they're just afraid of there being too much media scrutiny and attention paid to our younger prospects. That and I guess they don't see the benefit in having them play the games.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
09-10-2011, 11:07 PM
Tusk

Quote:
As far as the Habs are concerned......no tournament.....no TV.....no weekends. So that's the Hockey mecca?
Wow, guess that's why the Leafs are considered the Hockey mecca, might as well boycott the season.

Old
09-10-2011, 11:28 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Yeah I seem to remember the reason being the Habs didn't want to risk their prospects getting injured. Let's face it, a lot of young players feel pressure to drop the gloves, throw a big hit, etc to prove they'll do it all for their team and whatnot...rookie tournaments are fun and all but everyone would be first in line to bash the Habs if, for example, Leblanc re-injures his shoulder and misses half the year because of a meaningless fight or hit or whatever.

It's a fun diversion but I agree with the Habs (if that is indeed their stance) that it's not worth risking a prospect's health for some exhibition games. The Habs play enough meaningless preseason games anyway.

Old
09-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Traverse City Prospect Tournament Scoring Leaders

2007: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=2222
2008: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=3327
2009: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=4658
2010: http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=5958

Can't find some of the other tournaments but it seems the top scorers in this particular tournament tend to end up good players.

Old
09-10-2011, 11:39 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Gainey said that the competition was weak the previous year and that 4 games in 5 days is too much work load. They wanted to better prepare the young guys for the main camp with power skating and stick-handling drills as well as having better support from the coaches.

Quote:
«J'assiste à ce tournoi depuis trois ans, c'est un bon concept, mais la compétition était faible l'an dernier et l'horaire trop chargé pour nos jeunes», confiait Gainey au bout du fil cette semaine.

«Nous voulons mieux les préparer aux rigueurs de notre vrai camp d'entraînement, explique-t-il. Nos jeunes participeront à nouveau à une série d'exercices de power skating et de maniement de rondelles. Ils auront aussi, surtout, la chance d'avoir un contact plus soutenu avec notre groupe d'entraîneurs, je parle de Carbo et de ses adjoints. C'est un essai. On verra les résultats.»
http://web.archive.org/web/200709062...006/CPSPORTS01

Last edited by habsprospects: 09-11-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Internet Archive FTW
Old
09-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco88 View Post
Really hope Mtl sign Dame-Malka,.

The D in hamilton next year should look like this

Mitera-Diaz
Nash-St-Denis
Henry-Stejskal

Fitzgerald???
Woywitka? No?!

Woywitka - Diaz
Mitera - Nash
St-Denis - Stejskal
Henry

1-2)Gill-Subban
3-4)Markov-Yemelin
5-6)Gorges-Spacek/Weber
7)Weber/Spacek
--------------- ---------------
8.Woywitka or Diaz
9.Diaz or Woywitka
10. Mitera
11.Nash
12.Henry (vs Bruins, Leafs, Flyers,etc)

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 09-11-2011 at 03:46 AM.
Old
09-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
Wow, guess that's why the Leafs are considered the Hockey mecca, might as well boycott the season.
Wow, clearly the idea I had in mind. Good job Champ. The idea is that we deserve better. Fans that are always there, that are buying whole lot of stuff, that are making them as one of the richest team in this league, should have more consideration. Nobody is considering the Leafs as the mecca or whatever other teams are having what I'm talking about. But our team, while no need of exposure, should have a need to please their fans. And seeing how people loves those rookie camps, we aren't getting any. But I guess you're part of the "If the org. thinks it's great, it's then great". No need to discuss it with you further...

Old
09-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Estimated_Prophet

[QUOTE=Whitesnake;36595651]Wow, clearly the idea I had in mind. Good job Champ. The idea is that we deserve better. Fans that are always there, that are buying whole lot of stuff, that are making them as one of the richest team in this league, should have more consideration. Nobody is considering the Leafs as the mecca or whatever other teams are having what I'm talking about. But our team, while no need of exposure, should have a need to please their fans. And seeing how people loves those rookie camps, we aren't getting any. But I guess you're part of the "If the org. thinks it's great, it's then great".

The fact is that these tournaments are only followed by a tiny percentage of the fan base...........it is simply bad business from a risk/reward standpoint.
I am sure there are plenty of fans who would pay to see the entire team in a bullfighting contest.........

The best way to reward fans is to compete for championships, which shouldn't include jeopardizing our top prospects in a meaningless tournament

Old
09-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Wow, clearly the idea I had in mind. Good job Champ. The idea is that we deserve better. Fans that are always there, that are buying whole lot of stuff, that are making them as one of the richest team in this league, should have more consideration. Nobody is considering the Leafs as the mecca or whatever other teams are having what I'm talking about. But our team, while no need of exposure, should have a need to please their fans. And seeing how people loves those rookie camps, we aren't getting any. But I guess you're part of the "If the org. thinks it's great, it's then great". No need to discuss it with you further...
If I was living around Montreal, I would probably follow a rookie tournament more closely, had there been one, but I live too far, and I know that I'm really happy they managed to arrange something with RDS to show nearly all preseason games. Efforts are being made for the casual fan AND for the crazy ones to see more of our young players in action, and that is something that, this year, we can't blame them about...

Old
09-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
The fact is that these tournaments are only followed by a tiny percentage of the fan base...........it is simply bad business from a risk/reward standpoint.
I am sure there are plenty of fans who would pay to see the entire team in a bullfighting contest.........

The best way to reward fans is to compete for championships, which shouldn't include jeopardizing our top prospects in a meaningless tournament
The fact that the place is JAM PACKED when those rookies come to the Bell Complex isn't enough? The fact that they have to gather around a glass while stands are just there waiting isn't enough to at best question the decision?

Oh and the Habs are just smarter than anyone....It's not like there's only 5 stupid teams out there who's "jeopardizing" their youngsters's career by playing in that kind of tournament....there's at least 15.....But they are all dumb.

And competing for championships....don't see how one exclude the other. You can do both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasculio View Post
If I was living around Montreal, I would probably follow a rookie tournament more closely, had there been one, but I live too far, and I know that I'm really happy they managed to arrange something with RDS to show nearly all preseason games. Efforts are being made for the casual fan AND for the crazy ones to see more of our young players in action, and that is something that, this year, we can't blame them about...
As far as RDS is concerned, I've already mentioned it. Already cheered it in another post. Yet, the other stuff I'm talking about is also worth mentioning. It is possible in here to mention the good and the bad isn't it? This organization, with the way Gauthier controls everything from the shutting up Timmins at draft day to the development and rookie camps schedule are filled with paranoia. To have not used ANY weekends for both camps and not for having the practices at 5:00PM when most people will never be able to make it due to work or traffic is just not right in my opinion.

There's some good stuff that they do, already mentioned RDS and the fact that they are icing the greatest invitee list ever, but not sure why you can never mention the not-so-good stuff in the process.....

This is part of the rookie camp thread. With a lot of possible rookie and prospects lovers, as I am. So as one, I'm frustrated about the fact that while in presence of a great lineup, I won't be able to attend. Not sure why it's so difficult to understand.

Old
09-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Subban76

Quote:
The fact that the place is JAM PACKED when those rookies come to the Bell Complex isn't enough? The fact that they have to gather around a glass while stands are just there waiting isn't enough to at best question the decision?

Oh and the Habs are just smarter than anyone....It's not like there's only 5 stupid teams out there who's "jeopardizing" their youngsters's career by playing in that kind of tournament....there's at least 15.....But they are all dumb.

And competing for championships....don't see how one exclude the other. You can do both.

As far as RDS is concerned, I've already mentioned it. Already cheered it in another post. Yet, the other stuff I'm talking about is also worth mentioning. It is possible in here to mention the good and the bad isn't it? This organization, with the way Gauthier controls everything from the shutting up Timmins at draft day to the development and rookie camps schedule are filled with paranoia. To have not used ANY weekends for both camps and not for having the practices at 5:00PM when most people will never be able to make it due to work or traffic is just not right in my opinion.

There's some good stuff that they do, already mentioned RDS and the fact that they are icing the greatest invitee list ever, but not sure why you can never mention the not-so-good stuff in the process.....

This is part of the rookie camp thread. With a lot of possible rookie and prospects lovers, as I am. So as one, I'm frustrated about the fact that while in presence of a great lineup, I won't be able to attend. Not sure why it's so difficult to understand.
I usually tend to agree with you, but in this case, you seem more like someone that only thinks about his own desire to see Habs prospects play against other prospects of other teams without considering the fact that Habs management feels that this time would be better used at teaching them.

I personnaly perfer seeing Habs do what's best for the prospects, not what's best for the fans.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:09 PM
ChoseLa

We finally will get some hockey news, and hopefully a bunch of videos and reports.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Woywitka? No?!

Woywitka - Diaz
Mitera - Nash
St-Denis - Stejskal
Henry

1-2)Gill-Subban
3-4)Markov-Yemelin
5-6)Gorges-Spacek/Weber
7)Weber/Spacek
8.Woywitka or Diaz
9.Diaz or Woywitka
10. Mitera
11.Nash
Yes, Gill is our #1 defenseman.

Get over your hate for Markov.

Old
09-11-2011, 12:51 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

While I agree 4 games in 5 is a lot, most of these kids go through that stuff in the minors and minor pro. I can see Leblanc not playing in all of the games with him coming off a surgery, but still what about the rest. And no financially it's not bad because they sell a ton when fans are in the building. Maybe if we had a Subban or Price type player in the system, they would get off their ***** and put together some games.

Old
09-11-2011, 01:04 PM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Woywitka? No?!

Woywitka - Diaz
Mitera - Nash
St-Denis - Stejskal
Henry

So are you saying that Henry, the captain for the last two years, will play #7 role with the Dogs this year?

Old
09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCanadienFan View Post
So are you saying that Henry, the captain for the last two years, will play #7 role with the Dogs this year?
He was on the 3rd pairing if I remember correctly.. but no he won't be in the press box for no reason

My guess is that if/when Yemelin bolts, Woywitka is this year's Picard and will be the one fighting Nash and Diaz.

Old
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Woywitka? No?!

Woywitka - Diaz
Mitera - Nash
St-Denis - Stejskal
Henry

1-2)Gill-Subban
3-4)Markov-Yemelin
5-6)Gorges-Spacek/Weber
7)Weber/Spacek
8.Woywitka or Diaz
9.Diaz or Woywitka
10. Mitera
11.Nash
They also just signed (even if it is Hamilton) Zac Fitzgerald, a toughie. St-Denis was of the two best d-men in Hamilton last year. He should be ahead of Mitera or Nash.

Gauthier will NEVER call back Henry for a game against these opponents. He prefers a good beat up...

Closed Thread