HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Will you buy an Authentic or Premier Jersey?

View Poll Results: Will you buy an Authentic or Premier Jersey?
Authentic - ~$300 18 31.03%
Premier - ~$130 40 68.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old
09-08-2011, 02:49 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
Personally, I do not see why you would pay double for an authentic jersey when you can buy two replicas instead. The only reason why I can see someone paying for an authentic jersey is if they want to use it when they play hockey.

I could care less how they feel or the quality of the patches/stitching as I wont be wearing them for comfort in the first place. As long as the premier jerseys are durable, I'm happy.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:02 AM
TroubaFan1

To me its a no brainer. I bought 2 premier for the price of 1 authentic.

TroubaFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 06:16 AM
Canadienjet

Authentic for me.Got my first credit card might as well use it.

Canadienjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:25 AM
Tombsy

vCash: 50
I'll get a replica. Something in me says I don't want beer and mustard stains on an Authentic Jersey.

Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:51 AM
Chief Ten Bears*
Unregistered User

I've had a premier away on order for almost 2 months now...

Chief Ten Bears* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
Just me, but I always buy "game worn", to collect and not wear to the games. But for something to wear to the game, I'll go authentic.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 09:37 AM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
That was my belief as well. Just didn't want to outright say he was wrong
Thanks for not jumping at the chance haha... The snip that I posted could've been describing NFL jerseys.. I've never bought a replica NHL before with name and numbers, just plain with nothing on the back.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:24 AM
missedthejets

Just heard from a sports merchandise friend of mine here in Edmontonchuk, Winnipeg jerseys/ clothing is outselling Oilers stuff! woo hoo! Go Jets Go!

missedthejets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 10:48 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedthejets View Post
Just heard from a sports merchandise friend of mine here in Edmontonchuk, Winnipeg jerseys/ clothing is outselling Oilers stuff! woo hoo! Go Jets Go!
I have heard it is like that all over north america

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

I am all for the rah rah attitude, but you guys have to expect Jets stuff to be outselling other teams right now. It's brand new.

09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
WaveRaven

Hmmmm I am unsure .... I need to try them on see what I like better ... My Jets Authentic from back in day is big enough for the Jumbo Jet in equipment

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Crystal Pepsi

vCash: 260
I plan on buying the premier jerseys. Can't justify the price difference and the premier jerseys I already have are holding up quite well.

Crystal Pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
teeks643
GO LETS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I am all for the rah rah attitude, but you guys have to expect Jets stuff to be outselling other teams right now. It's brand new.
true, but I think the bigger point is that the new Jets merchandise in Edmonton was outselling their new jersey this year.

teeks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

I will most likely get an authentic home and premiere away.

I love love love the authentics but spending 600 on 2 jerseys and 1G on a new TV is just not doable, as much as I try to convince myself its a good idea

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 12:04 PM
teeks643
GO LETS GO

All of my life I've been a huge jersey collector. For all of my favourite teams growing up (original Jets when I was a kid, Minnesota Vikings, Toronto Blue Jays, Winnipeg Blue Bomers) I would not even think to going to a game without having a jersey on to support my team. The great thing about a jersey as a kid is you wear it to school, and get a lot more use out of it.

As I'm growing older (26 years of age now), I am realizing that the functionality of a jersey is just not there any more. Yes, it would be nice to have one to wear to games, but as much as I hate to say it I think I am leaning towards getting a nice hoodie instead. With as much as I'm paying for tickets this season, I can't really justify spending another $300 on a jersey that I will wear only to games. If I buy a really nice hoodie for $60, I can wear it to games but also casually.

Just my 2 cents.

teeks643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Home premier.

Authentics are just too heavy to wear around if you're not actually going to play hockey in them.

Old
09-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Final warning about counterfeit jersey discussion. Knock it off, or infractions and threadbans are going to be handed out.

If you want to discuss it in a forum where it's condoned, feel free to do just that. We don't condone it here.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:35 PM
matCH penalty

Authentic home, Andrew Ladd. I just don't like the feel of the EDGE replicas. I'd rather save up an extra few weeks and wait to get something I know I'll love.

matCH penalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Definitely grabbing a premiere, I'm a college kid.

Although, whose name I want is a mystery. I'm think Enstrom, but we'll see. I already have an Atlanta home jersey with Byfuglien on it.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Dascow

I voted for replica because my money has all been spent!

I was hoping to buy a home and away jersey, but at this point I will be scraping the bottom of the barrel just to purchase one.

It's the beautiful summer's fault! I have spent more money this summer than I have in 3 summers combined. (I'm not complaining.)

Dascow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
SubparSoup

I have an authentic Montreal Canadiens jersey that I took with me to the rink. The front crest is starting to come undone and there are loose threads all over it. Not worth the extra money if you actually plan on using it at all.

SubparSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggins415 View Post
All of my life I've been a huge jersey collector. For all of my favourite teams growing up (original Jets when I was a kid, Minnesota Vikings, Toronto Blue Jays, Winnipeg Blue Bomers) I would not even think to going to a game without having a jersey on to support my team. The great thing about a jersey as a kid is you wear it to school, and get a lot more use out of it.

As I'm growing older (26 years of age now), I am realizing that the functionality of a jersey is just not there any more. Yes, it would be nice to have one to wear to games, but as much as I hate to say it I think I am leaning towards getting a nice hoodie instead. With as much as I'm paying for tickets this season, I can't really justify spending another $300 on a jersey that I will wear only to games. If I buy a really nice hoodie for $60, I can wear it to games but also casually.

Just my 2 cents.
Welcome to adulthood!

I cannot fathom $300 on a jersey that cannot be worn anywhere but games.

Here's my plan: Get the Jets to make nice silver/grey leather or leather melton jackets with the logo on them.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 05:47 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Just me, but I always buy "game worn", to collect and not wear to the games. But for something to wear to the game, I'll go authentic.
I get what you mean, I wore a game worn Henrik Sedin gamer (valued at $2,500 (not what I paid)) and even told the guy what it was worth and he spills beer on it. Not intentionally, but still. Pissed me off.

Now I doubt I'll wear that jersey out anymore. It's a Art Ross, Hart winning jersey. Thankfully I got the beer out by getting it washed properly.

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 05:53 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl thrasher344 View Post
How much was the total for those two including the shipping? I've been trying to put aside the cash for a customized home jersey and don't know how much to do.
I love that you're still a fan. You sir, rock!

But your old Thrashers jerseys are nicer than our new ones.

OH I WENT THERE!

Whatcha gonna do other Jets fans? Whine and dine to me to death?! Bwahahahahaha!

Having said that I am still deciding which gamer to get. I believe cost will factor that in for me...heh I know a Dust or a Kaner will probably be out of my league... 1,000+.... Most I wanna spend on a gamer is several hundred. I love knowing my jersey was actually in the game. Has value and I own a bit of that player's history. mmmmm NHL player history. That sounds so gay. WHATEVER! I can not wait to get me a gamer!

Gamer

Gamer

Gamer

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedthejets View Post
Its insane how quick Wpg Jets apparel is flying off the shelves in Alberta. I couldNt find anything in Edmonton/St Albert stores. But I was in Balzac - Airdrie mall just outside Calgary last weekend and managed to find a few things. The clerk at the stores I visit said that on Thursdays they get Jets stuff by Saturday it's all gone.

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote