HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

winnipeg -mtl rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-05-2011, 02:58 PM
  #1
habs09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
winnipeg -mtl rumors

this is based purely on the winnepeg -mtl rumors posted weekly on hockey buzz so dont flame but would a package of gomez and weber for oduya be the possible deal that hockey buzz is referring to or would more/different pieces need to be involved

thought?

habs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:03 PM
  #2
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,364
vCash: 500
Wouldn't trade Goemz for Oduya, Habs need Gomez at centre. The dice is already rolled on him rebounding, and if it doesn't work out, they'll have to deal with it next summer, not now. Whether it was ever an option for Winnipeg or not, it's too late now from even the Habs POV, alas.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:11 PM
  #3
habs09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Wouldn't trade Goemz for Oduya, Habs need Gomez at centre. The dice is already rolled on him rebounding, and if it doesn't work out, they'll have to deal with it next summer, not now. Whether it was ever an option for Winnipeg or not, it's too late now from even the Habs POV, alas.
i disagree if an option to rid gomez arises i take it plus i have high hope/faith in desharnais and eller reaching top 6 form this year also worse case scenario we can probably do a trade for stoll as a stop gap center since hes a pending ufa

habs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
  #4
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS
 
Stop Winnin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 8,455
vCash: 500
Gomez for Kane

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:16 PM
  #5
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs09 View Post
i disagree if an option to rid gomez arises i take it plus i have high hope/faith in desharnais and eller reaching top 6 form this year also worse case scenario we can probably do a trade for stoll as a stop gap center since hes a pending ufa
The odds of Gomez rebounding are much higher than the odds of either of those players being a solid top 6 forward at this point in time.

Not saying you're wrong but it would be quite the gamble. Gomez has always been a 60+ point get so I wouldn't want to lose the depth of having a 55-60pt minimum guy for a D we don't even need really. Certainly not at Weber's expense. I'd have to imagine Diaz would make it out of camp if Weber were to be dealt.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 03:29 PM
  #6
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 32,095
vCash: 50
If you are going to post an eklund rumor...
At least spell Winnipeg correct.

And we dont want Gomez. I have seen enough in the last couple years to know Winnipeg doesnt want him.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:10 PM
  #7
ExplosiveLEAFman
Registered User
 
ExplosiveLEAFman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Oduya is worth a late draft pick at best. Don't know why'd you want to acquire him unless you are just looking to dump Gomez.

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:14 PM
  #8
Benji Frank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,650
vCash: 500
The interesting thing about Gomez is after this year, he's owed around $10M for 2 years, but has a cap hit of almost $15M. Throw in a decent prospect or draft pick and a team at the cap floor like Winnipeg might bight. They end up overpaying in cash terms by maybe a mill or so per over the 2 years, but that's where the pick or prospect compensates! Getting Odoya's $3.5M off the books this year brings Gomez down to $4M.

Benji Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:16 PM
  #9
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Frank View Post
The interesting thing about Gomez is after this year, he's owed around $10M for 2 years, but has a cap hit of almost $15M. Throw in a decent prospect or draft pick and a team at the cap floor like Winnipeg might bight. They end up overpaying in cash terms by maybe a mill or so per over the 2 years, but that's where the pick or prospect compensates! Getting Odoya's $3.5M off the books this year brings Gomez down to $4M.
yea he is moveable next yr given those numbers but not this yr

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:20 PM
  #10
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,189
vCash: 500
Oduya for Spacek perhaps ? I could see Oduya being good in JM system.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:29 PM
  #11
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 1250
Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want old man Gomez either.

IF they are looking to trade Oduya, I'd like to see our local boy Ryan White coming back as a part of the return. He'd fill the sandpaper role that Rypien was destined to fill.

That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:31 PM
  #12
Patty Roy
Registered User
 
Patty Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want Gomez either.

IF they are looking to trade Oduya, I'd like to see our local boy Ryan White coming back as a part of the return. He'd fill the sandpaper role that Rypien was destined to fill.

That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.
I see Montreal needing another NHL ready forward, so i can't see them trading one for a d-man.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:35 PM
  #13
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy View Post
I see Montreal needing another NHL ready forward, so i can't see them trading one for a d-man.
No deal then, because we don't need any more d in return.

There are already 16 d-men listed on the roster headed into camp...
http://jets.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:39 PM
  #14
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Winnipeg have an abundance of d-men going into camp - assuming we sign Bogosian. Winnipeg's wants are scoring and or grit. No thanks to any offers of Kostistsyn in advance BTW. We don't really want old man Gomez either.

IF they are looking to trade Oduya, I'd like to see our local boy Ryan White coming back as a part of the return. He'd fill the sandpaper role that Rypien was destined to fill.

That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.
Part of the return? Oduya has no value at his contract/how he plays. I certainly wouldn't trade White for Oduya(and doubt any Habs fan would).

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
  #15
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
Part of the return? Oduya has no value at his contract/how he plays. I certainly wouldn't trade White for Oduya(and doubt any Habs fan would).
That is fine, you guys need a d-man; we aren't the ones proposing the trade on this board. Oduya had a poor year last season, that does not make him a career bum however. I'm part of a small camp that expects he could rebound this season. Some of us would prefer to wait to see how the players adapt to a new environment prior to making any trades.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
  #16
sg58
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
Oduya seems a bit underrated.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 04:57 PM
  #17
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
That is fine, you guys need a d-man; we aren't the ones proposing the trade on this board. Oduya had a poor year last season, that does not make him a career bum however. I'm part of a small camp that expects he could rebound this season. Some of us would prefer to wait to see how the players adapt to a new environment prior to making any trades.
We don't need a defenseman. We are not the ones proposing a trade, Eklund is the one bringing up Oduya to Montreal, and Bogosian to Montreal.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 05:01 PM
  #18
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 7,254
vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattKOTW View Post
We don't need a defenseman. We are not the ones proposing a trade, Eklund is the one bringing up Oduya to Montreal, and Bogosian to Montreal.
That is why I said this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
That said, these supposed Mtl/Wpg rumors are likely bunk anyway, given the source.
The thread was started by a Habs fan though.

It's all good. We have a team finally coming back to Winnipeg and look forward to beating the Habs many times over the coming years, including our home opener in just over a month.

Cheers.


Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
  #19
JuniorNelson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: E.Vancouver
Country: Australia-Aboriginal
Posts: 4,613
vCash: 50
I think they are waiting for Oduya to play his cards. I suspect he goes to Vancouver for former Moose Hodgson and conditional picks.

Gomez is much more likely to be moved by Montreal. Is Hodgson prefferable to Gomez?

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 05:20 PM
  #20
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
I think they are waiting for Oduya to play his cards. I suspect he goes to Vancouver for former Moose Hodgson and conditional picks.

Gomez is much more likely to be moved by Montreal. Is Hodgson prefferable to Gomez?
You think Oduya will fetch Hodgson? You're crazy.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 07:44 PM
  #21
habs09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplosiveLEAFman View Post
Oduya is worth a late draft pick at best. Don't know why'd you want to acquire him unless you are just looking to dump Gomez.
exactly im just a gomez hater and ive hated him ever since we got him i personally do not believe hell bounce back id love to b rid gomez salary and later get rid of oduya as an unrestricted free agent by the end of the year

habs09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 09:29 PM
  #22
The Infamous Tank
Franklinator Maker
 
The Infamous Tank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Why do people keep clicking on Eklund's website?

The Infamous Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 09:31 PM
  #23
TyBOZAK*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Brampton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infamous Tank View Post
Why do people keep clicking on Eklund's website?
Why did you click this thread even after you saw his name?


I hope it's not Bogosian.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
  #24
KingJet*
Welcome Back
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Well, I think Atlanta would've traded for Gomez if you know what I mean , but yeah, I might do it because every team Gomez seems to go to they make the playoffs and Weber isn't too bad, I'd do Oduya for Gomez and Weber, But I would like to see Antropov and Bogosian for Doughty and Prospect.

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2011, 10:21 PM
  #25
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime
 
Richie Daggers Crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYI fan in Atl
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJet View Post
But I would like to see Antropov and Bogosian for Doughty and Prospect.
Good luck with that one.

Richie Daggers Crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.