Thursday, September 8th Jets Papers

Old
09-08-2011, 07:21 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

Winnipeg Jets Official Site: Jets announce ECHL affiliation with Colorado Eagles. This is an impressive stat:
Quote:
Along with great on-ice success, the Eagles have sold out every game they have ever played on home ice. They hold the minor pro-hockey record for consecutive sell-outs at 311 games, including playoffs.

Winnipeg Free Press: Local cable providers hope to score TSN Jets. Have to wonder if Bell is making MTS and Shaw squirm a bit. Also perhaps they are delaying in hopes that more subscribers to the 2 main providers of cable in this province will jump ship.

Winnipeg Sun: Fehr fully expects to miss Jets home opener. It explains his reluctance in taking off his Jets jersey at the jersey reveal on Tuesday. Hopefully he is ready to go for the Jets as soon as possible.

Winnipeg Sun: Jets counting on Antropov to regain scoring touch. As I said before I still remember Cherry doing a special on the young, up and coming Leafs prospect and how he was going to do unbelievable things for Toronto. With him healthy this season, a nice rebound would be exactly what the doctor ordered.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets jerseys, tix a Lifestyles draw. The money goes to a very worthwhile cause and you can win some very good prizes. It’s a win, win.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jet can relate to Crosby’s situation. Another player the Jets can hope will have a bounce back season after missing the majority of last season.

Winnipeg Sun: Former players remember coaches killed in KHL crash. I remember when Igor Koralev was a young, up and coming rookie. He and all other lost in yesterday’s tragedy will be missed.

KHL Tragedy:

Globe and Mail: Saying goodbye to Brad McCrimmon. The former member of the Brandon Wheat Kings will be missed by many.

ESPN: KHL President vows Lokomotiv will rebuild. Seems a bit premature to be worrying about this.

Around the NHL:

Sault Star: Turco still have the fire. I think you have to give him a call if you’re looking for a veteran goalie. He deserves it simply for making the bet with the fan in a game.

Calgary Herald: Head hits remain despite loss of marquee player. Too many guys have been lost to not take this seriously.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-08-2011 at 10:52 AM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Five battles to watch for at Winnipeg Jets training camp

Itís hard to believe but Winnipeg Jets training camp starts in less than a week and a half (September 17th). To get you ready in the days leading up to training camp, we have compiled a list of five important battles to look forward to when Jets training camp begins next week.

1. Third-line forward spots (Left Wing, Center and Right Wing)

The top two forward lines are pretty much set for Jets Head Coach Claude Noel. Barring any unforeseen injuries or developments, Winnipegís Number-1 line will almost certainly be Andrew Ladd-Bryan Little-Blake Wheeler while the Number-2 line will be Evander Kane-Alexander Burmistrov-Nikolai Antropov (Winkler product Eric Fehr is expected to miss the first one to two months of the season with a shoulder injury but is considered a probable 2nd line right winger on the team). Aside from Fehr, who indicated that he wants to start the season but isnít yet ready to play, the Jets do not have very many options for top-six forward spots.

More on the Jets Top 5 important training camp battles after the jump.

Old
09-08-2011, 02:00 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Afternoon Delight

Afternoon Delight

Winnipeg Free Press: Kane, Wheeler hit the ice in Winnipeg. Sounds like Kane is ready for the pressure of playing in a Canadian city.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets jerseys almost as sought after as tickets. The Jets sold 1300 jerseys in less than 24 hours. Wow. Speaking of tickets, while Winnipegger's wait for the Jets season tickets to be released, a friend in Toronto has sent us a picture of his Leafs/Jets tickets.

Winnipeg Sun: Kane and Wheeler among latest Jets to arrive in Winnipeg. Kane learnt a bit about how hockey nuts this market is when his arrival at the airport was sent across the internet on twitter.

Coloradoan: Eagles announce affiliation deal with NHL’s Winnipeg Jets. Winnipeg is hoping to emulate it’s ECHL team when they begin their own sellout streak at the MTS Centre.

KHL Tragedy:

Yahoo Sports: KHL’s bold plan to keep Lokomotiv running. You have to give the players and other teams in the KHL credit for attempting to honour the memory by keeping the team alive.

Detroit News: Wings agree – Playing in Russia ‘a different way of life’. It makes you wonder what will happen in Sochi in 2014.

Around the NHL:

The Hockey News: Top 10 NHL storylines to watch this season. Fans in Winnipeg are anxiously awaiting word that Bogosian has signed.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old
09-08-2011, 02:03 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Haha, the Sun had a picture of Patrick Kane up for a while. That's hilarious.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 02:05 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Looks like Kane needs a new hockey equipment bag.

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 04:29 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
He must have gone straight from the airport to Earls Main as he popped in last night.

Btw - a buddy sent me his Jets/Leafs tickets (as can be seen above in Afternoon Delight post). What do you guys think of them?

Old
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by WpgMikos View Post
He must have gone straight from the airport to Earls Main as he popped in last night.

Btw - a buddy sent me his Jets/Leafs tickets (as can be seen above in Afternoon Delight post). What do you guys think of them?
Oct 19th is vintage night. Maybe the Jets will wear vintage whites that night.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:26 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
I'm sure that got fixed the minute he got to the MTS IcePlex.

Quote:
Why the old Jets logo on the Oct 19 game? Do we now consider that logo vintage? I always think vintage is something alot older than the Jets 70-80's logo.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
Oct 19th is vintage night. Maybe the Jets will wear vintage whites that night.
We don't have a vintage jersey...

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:38 PM
SubparSoup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
I'm sure that got fixed the minute he got to the MTS IcePlex.

Why the old Jets logo on the Oct 19 game? Do we now consider that logo vintage? I always think vintage is something alot older than the Jets 70-80's logo.
"Vintage" for the NHL means a logo they aren't currently wearing. I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa Bay wears their jersey from last year on a "Vintage night"

SubparSoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:44 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Does anyone know if Buff is in town?
I think at around the 32 second mark you see him on ice with Kane and other jets. Could be wrong though.
Not sure if this means he won't be charged in relation to the BUI, since I thought most times you were awaiting charges they didn't allow you to travel.

http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/09/0...ve-in-winnipeg

Old
09-08-2011, 07:52 PM
blues10

Quote:

The tickets look great. It certainly shows that TNSE is in control of the old Jets logos.

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:53 PM
blues10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
I think at around the 32 second mark you see him on ice with Kane and other jets. Could be wrong though.
Not sure if this means he won't be charged in relation to the BUI, since I thought most times you were awaiting charges they didn't allow you to travel.

McCardle?

blues10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 07:56 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post

I'm pretty sure that's Kenndal McArdle. Kane and McArdle came to Wpg on the same plane.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2011, 08:01 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post
I'm pretty sure that's Kenndal McArdle. Kane and McArdle came to Wpg on the same plane.
Yeah, I saw Kanes tweet haha. Just looks a bit big to be McArdle. (not a fat comment about buff)