HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Rebuilding of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

Old
09-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
If the KHL actually kind of allowed "neutral-site" games in the regular season, maybe hold a couple of these in Loko's home arena.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiers from Neva View Post
I'd support moving the All-Star game from Riga there, or perhaps even playing all 4-7 games of the championship series in Yaroslavl.
They can go and support Loko in MHL.
EHT in Russia could be moved to Yaroslavl.
Some regular season games by other teams could be played there.

I'm not sure about All Star game. On the one hand it doesn't mean anything much and could be given to Yaroslavl, on the other hand... it's not even a game, just a show... Do people in Yaroslavl need this circus on ice this year???

But I would be strongly against play-offs in Yaroslavl. That's for the home team fans and they being played in Yaroslavl.... one of the teams would only benefit from that and nobody needs that, imho.... It's still KHL hockey championship where teams compete with each other and all should have equal opportunities at least in play-off...

In any case, young "Loko" players need supporters... Yeah, Yaroslavl also needs professional hockey but there's also a youth team in MHL there that plays to honour the guys who died

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post

I'm not sure about All Star game. On the one hand it doesn't mean anything much and could be given to Yaroslavl, on the other hand... it's not even a game, just a show... Do people in Yaroslavl need this circus on ice this year???

But I would be strongly against play-offs in Yaroslavl. That's for the home team fans and they being played in Yaroslavl.... one of the teams would only benefit from that and nobody needs that, imho.... It's still KHL hockey championship where teams compete with each other and all should have equal opportunities at least in play-off...

In any case, young "Loko" players need supporters... Yeah, Yaroslavl also needs professional hockey but there's also a youth team in MHL there that plays to honour the guys who died
With hopes some of them can play on the big team in the future...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 12:47 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldiers from Neva View Post
Watching the ceremony in Yaroslavl on television, they stated there will not be a Lokomotive team taking part this season.
I totally agree with the decision. A very wise and human decision.

Let them Rest in Peace, and let the families live their grieving properly.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 01:21 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post

From what Ive heard FHR is planning to have the two games between Russia and Slovakia in April 2012 of Euro Ice Hockey Challenge to be played in Yaroslavl.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 04:26 PM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by o Hamhuis 2 x View Post
Really? You think guys like Demitra, McCrimmon, Salei, etc. wouldn't want the season to go on? Guys who have a true love for the game like those guys would definitely want to keep it going.
Hockey didn't end. Also, it's not like a team of cast-offs and unsigned players is a fitting memorial.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 04:53 PM
The Scouting Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Hockey didn't end. Also, it's not like a team of cast-offs and unsigned players is a fitting memorial.
There's an argument to be made from both sides. I honestly believe that the players probably would want Yaroslavl to be rebuilt and play on, but the current decision is a good one for the families and will as others have said, allow everyone to take some time and have their period of grieving.

However, I really think the reason that Yaroslavl will not be playing this year is because the KHL didn't have a contingency plan in place for a disaster involving one of their franchises (at least as far as I know). I think that if the league had a similar plan in place that the NHL does, they would have put that plan into action and rebuilt the squad accordingly.

I would add that the KHL is a little different than the NHL in terms of the business model, so the decision to cease operations of a team for a season isn't as much of a business decision as it would be in the NHL. I'm kind of on the fence, I certainly understand that it is a business and things eventually need to go on, but I also don't mind the idea of ceasing operations for a season in this case.

At the end of the day, just a terrible tragedy and hopefully it's a good opportunity for Russian hockey to really pull together as a group and make the best out of a tragic situation.

The Scouting Report is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 01:21 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

It looks like Lokomotiv won't be back this year, or at least not as a top-tier team...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=375644

I think this move makes sense, to rebuild like a real team and do it slowly to create a new identity rather than throw a bunch of players together like an expansion team.

ForsbergForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
TyMy57
Enroth is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Re-starting the team right now is a lack of respect for those who died and their relatives.

They should just wait until next season to start all over again under a new name, too.
I can see that aspect of it, but you have to think, if you told these players this was going to happen, do you think they would have wanted Lokomotiv to die out of respect for them? No, they'd want their team to keep going on keep their legacies alive. I too think they should take the year off, but it's possible they might struggle financially to stay afloat for an idle year.

TyMy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
199520002003*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrashman View Post
Lokomotiv will not ice a team this year according to team president Yury Yakovlev.
I thought each team is sending a player, a top player, to play for the team in honor of those who died?

199520002003* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2011, 06:20 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Any update as to when the special loko shirts are available?

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:00 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF AmericanLionsFan View Post
Any update as to when the special loko shirts are available?
It's strange that there's still no merchandise on the KHL online store. Their shop in Riga already has the usual Loko T-shirts, scarfs and a special memorial puck. All profit goes to charity.

Helpoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Really hope they make that available onlline.

Old
09-29-2011, 03:13 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Going to ask again. Has anyone heard or seen any special Loko merchandise? Really want a few shirts.

Old
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM
yunost

some info on rebuild:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/70...rn-league-play

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-04-2011, 03:54 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

maybe it is sent here, if so, sorry.

here is article about rebuilding of Loko. English version of khl site

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Going to ask again. Has anyone heard or seen any special Loko merchandise? Really want a few shirts.
Last week I asked about it on the official page, and someone from the staff answered that Loko merchandise will be there in mid-October.

Old
10-05-2011, 03:27 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helpoing View Post
Last week I asked about it on the official page, and someone from the staff answered that Loko merchandise will be there in mid-October.
Thanks for the info. I'm yet to hear anything. Will it be on their online store(Loko) or on the KHL online store?

Old
10-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post

Just like it wouldn't have been a fitting one for the Marshall football team? Tell that to those who lived there and who lost family.

You want to get the sport started again because that is what the players would want to happen. You look at what the sport means to Yaroslavl. The players knew that and would want that to continue for the people who supported them every night.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 04:18 PM
yunost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Just like it wouldn't have been a fitting one for the Marshall football team? Tell that to those who lived there and who lost family.

You want to get the sport started again because that is what the players would want to happen. You look at what the sport means to Yaroslavl. The players knew that and would want that to continue for the people who supported them every night.
true. and even more importantly, it would be in memory of them. a dedication and homage.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2011, 12:19 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I'm yet to hear anything. Will it be on their online store(Loko) or on the KHL online store?
I suppose that it will appear at the League's store.

Old
10-14-2011, 09:59 AM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Hoping the merchandise is available soon.

Old
10-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Hoping the merchandise is available soon.
The wait is over, you can visit their online shop.

Here's info on deliveries: http://store.khl.ru/delivery.php (use google translate ).

Old
10-19-2011, 03:30 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Now they just need to get in the merchandise.

Old
10-20-2011, 12:27 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Первым хоккеистом "Локомотива" стал Егор Яковлев
В соответствии с принятыми 30 сентября изменениями в регламент КХЛ 2011-2014, связанными с обеспечением участия "Локомотива" в национальных спортивных соревнованиях по хоккею высшего уровня, начато комплектование ярославского клуба игроками в возрасте до 22 лет.

Первым хоккеистом "Локомотива" стал 20-летний защитник Егор Яковлев, выступавший в системе "Ак Барса", информирует официальный сайт КХЛ. В нынешнем сезоне Яковлев защищал цвета альметьевского "Нефтяника" и казанского "Барса", сыграв в общей сложности 16 матчей и набрав 6 (2+4) очков.

think this should go here as well.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote