Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Saint John Sea Dogs 2011-2012

Old
12-17-2011, 07:52 PM
BLBarmada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaLeafs View Post
Minus - Huberdeau, Beaulieu, Gauthier, Roussel, MCT.

Then you can only keep 3 of the following:
Galiev
Jurco
Phillips
MacAuley
Durepos
Gagne
Seed
Saab
MacDonald

Ya, theyll be awful. But they had a good run

I could see the Moose gettin
Gagne or Durepos... just sayin. And Galiev Jurco and Phillips going pro being 20's.

Galiev,Jurco, Phillips and Huberdeau are 100% gone.

After that, Beaulieu is 80%.

The OAs from this year will be gone.

So that leaves:
MCT
Seed
Kelly
Saab
MacAulay
Durepos
Gagne
MacDonald

To be OA's or traded, that leaves a nice return. Let's go out on a hunch that we get 2 good euro's again. Who's our next goalie ? And who's in the system that we should look out for ?

Also do the owners have deep pockets ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 08:19 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBarmada View Post
Galiev,Jurco, Phillips and Huberdeau are 100% gone.

After that, Beaulieu is 80%.

The OAs from this year will be gone.

So that leaves:
MCT
Seed
Kelly
Saab
MacAulay
Durepos
Gagne
MacDonald

To be OA's or traded, that leaves a nice return. Let's go out on a hunch that we get 2 good euro's again. Who's our next goalie ? And who's in the system that we should look out for ?

Also do the owners have deep pockets ?
Add MCT to 100% not there. Hes an OA this year so hes gone.

Beauliue is Habs drafted so I'd say hes gone.

Oliver Cooper is your best asset. Also how do you know you'll get two good euros next year? You'll have like 58-60th pick. Maybe by 2014 you;ll have good Euros but not next year.

Kelly, MacDonald, and MacAuley IMO will be next years OAs.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2011, 10:32 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Add MCT to 100% not there. Hes an OA this year so hes gone.

Beauliue is Habs drafted so I'd say hes gone.

Oliver Cooper is your best asset. Also how do you know you'll get two good euros next year? You'll have like 58-60th pick. Maybe by
2014 you;ll have good Euros but not next year.

Kelly, MacDonald, and MacAuley IMO will be next years OAs.

My best friend knows their scout Nathan White, and we tried to get him to come into our class to be a geuss speaker but he couldn't because he was going to be in Europe for abit. And there's always trades in the import draft so I'm confident.

Old
12-17-2011, 10:47 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
My best friend knows their scout Nathan White, and we tried to get him to come into our class to be a geuss speaker but he couldn't because he was going to be in Europe for abit. And there's always trades in the import draft so I'm confident.
You want Abeltshauser? Lol

Old
12-17-2011, 11:43 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
You want Abeltshauser? Lol
I was thinking Filip Forsberg haha !

Old
12-18-2011, 01:39 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
I was thinking Filip Forsberg haha !
I just thought... RN has two Euros already (Andrighetto) (Kamaev) and will have 4-7 in the Euro this year... Good trade option.

Old
12-18-2011, 09:31 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

We might develop a reputation as a good developmental team and pickup players a la london/kitchener. Everyone would hate us tho. Would be nice not to do the "win two lose for 6" anyways

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 10:22 AM
angry pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
We might develop a reputation as a good developmental team and pickup players a la london/kitchener. Everyone would hate us tho. Would be nice not to do the "win two lose for 6" anyways
Wow, I didn't realize just how many guys you were going to lose until now. Your entire defense is 19/20? Gotta think you keep Phillips and 2 D next year as 20's? Then depending on how the expansion draft goes, you'll be able to accumulate some decent picks for the remainder of your 20's.

You'll then flip a pick in the midget draft to move up in the Euro draft, although their will be some competition from Halifax since they will need a new Euro also and will be picking much lower than expected. So expect Hali to be trying to move up also. I fully expect Saint John to pull out at least one high end Euro at the draft this year.

What will really save you guys though, as terrible as it is, is for Huberdeau to not make the NHL next year, come back for his 19 y/o season and get some major assets back come Christmas.

EDIT: Almost forgot, Teams have to draft 2 American players this year, so the draft has been extended. Saint John is probably the premier destination for those guys. Anglophone city, very close to the border. Not to mention a reputation for winning and developing guys who are getting drafted. You guys will do very well getting the high end American players to report where some other teams may struggle.

angry pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2011, 02:09 PM
BLBarmada

I agree with angry pirate.

@GM17
London is always good, Kitchener not so much, and neither has had a serious run in a few years.

We will be just like the Remparts, good every year with a contending year in between.

I geuss we have a couple of things to flip to RN for their picks. And there was a good point, about the Americans, now the Coyle has signed the dominoes will fall.

As long as management stays in place the Sea Dogs will be a power for long long time.

Old
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
xMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
EDIT: Almost forgot, Teams have to draft 2 American players this year, so the draft has been extended. Saint John is probably the premier destination for those guys. Anglophone city, very close to the border. Not to mention a reputation for winning and developing guys who are getting drafted. You guys will do very well getting the high end American players to report where some other teams may struggle.
We've always drafted a couple Americans, and Brickley will be the first high end one to report, if he does. You'd think the attributes you mentioned would attract more players, but they haven't. If we weren't set up for another run, these guys wouldn't consider reporting here.

xMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2011, 01:16 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMenace View Post
We've always drafted a couple Americans, and Brickley will be the first high end one to report, if he does. You'd think the attributes you mentioned would attract more players, but they haven't. If we weren't set up for another run, these guys wouldn't consider reporting here.

But now they will, until last year, the rep for winning wasn't there.

Who else has a high import pick and might move it ?

Old
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
But now they will, until last year, the rep for winning wasn't there.

Who else has a high import pick and might move it ?
Val D'or maybe at 16 maybe. They have two 93 Euro's.

Gatineau already has PEI's euro pick, Sherbrooke will be likely to keep their's, Cape Breton will need a new euro.

Drummondville at 13 is a possibility, not sure if they usually go with 2 Euro's or not. But they are going to have a free euro spot next year.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:21 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry pirate View Post
Val D'or maybe at 16 maybe. They have two 93 Euro's.

Gatineau already has PEI's euro pick, Sherbrooke will be likely to keep their's, Cape Breton will need a new euro.

Drummondville at 13 is a
possibility, not sure if they usually go with 2 Euro's or not. But they
are going to have a free euro spot next year.

What's going on in Val D'or are they rebuilding or what ? They just moved out Leblanc, and they moved Archambault a few months back.

They might keep their euro pick, mind you, they have 2 Russians there.

Gatineau and Drummondville can get good euros, will they idk.

Wonder what CB will do, they're still hurting from 2010.

Old
12-19-2011, 04:33 PM
angry pirate

Quote:
What's going on in Val D'or are they rebuilding or what ? They just moved out Leblanc, and they moved Archambault a few months back.

They might keep their euro pick, mind you, they have 2 Russians there.

Gatineau and Drummondville can get good euros, will they idk.

Wonder what CB will do, they're still hurting from 2010.

Gatineau almost assuredly will. Can't speak for Val D'or or Drummondville.

As for Cape Breton, well they made a huge mistake buying instead of selling Luke Adam and co. They'll get a decent price for Ellis this year, which will get them started, but I figure next year will be another tough one for them.

Old
01-17-2012, 05:30 PM
tyratoku

I have no idea if any of you would know this, but does anyone know the exact font Saint John uses on their jerseys?

My old high school here in Minnesota is looking to get new jerseys in the next season or two, and a few of my friends on the team and in the program reached out to me to make a mock-up of a potential jersey because I not only know hockey but I'm also a pretty decent artist(or so I'd like to think ).

With the Wild having two prospects on the Sea Dogs now, I was somewhat familiar with the uniform and looking at it now i think it is basically perfect for my school. Same colors(Royal Blue, Black, White, and Silver), Sea Dogs vs Huskies(my school's mascot).

This probably won't get past a plan/mock-up phase but I was wondering if anyone could help me so I could possibly have the most accurate mock up as possible. The font for "Saint John" on the front, and possible the font for the names on the back.

Again, I'm not expecting wonders but any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

tyratoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:52 PM
Carlzner

Hey guys just curious, how good is Galiev? Think he's good enough to be an NHL regular on the Capitals?

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Hey guys just curious, how good is Galiev? Think he's good enough to be an NHL regular on the Capitals?
In a couple years, certainly.
He'll get some time in the AHL first though.

02-02-2012, 08:32 AM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
In a couple years, certainly.
He'll get some time in the AHL first though.
Agreed. Might even be a Saint John overager next season followed by an AHL season

Old
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
JohnnyB11

Maxime Villemaire has rejoined the club - he'll be a welcome addition to an already stacked Sea Dogs team.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
ChadS

Hey! A couple questions on Tomas Jurco:
Who is the better player, Galiev or Jurco? How does Jurco rank among the Saint John forwards? Top2,3? Which NHLer do you think his game resembles the most and what's his most likely potential in the NHL?

Thanks!

ChadS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 12:34 PM
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH

I've always felt Galiev was better, but I haven't seen him play this year due to his injury. Great on the rush when he can use his biggest weapon, his stickhandling. Pretty big boy for his age too. Don't like NHL comparisons..maybe a bit like Versteeg?

Old
02-06-2012, 03:31 PM
BLBarmada

I think Galiev is a safer bet but Jurco has more skill.

Old
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
QcS

Today, the Q has taken away 2 points in the standings for the Sea Dogs and given them to the Gatineau Olympiques.

The Sea dogs beat the Gatineau Olympiques on January 4th, but Villemaire played the game and he wasn't officially under contract with the Sea Dogs. After he went home and wanted to go play AAA, he sent proof of this to the league. Then, as the Sea Dogs didn't want to let him go play AAA, he came back to the team.. but the Gatineau Olympiques learned about the situation and complained to the league.

Today the Q has attributed the 2 points to Gatineau and taken them away from the Sea Dogs.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
BLBarmada

Quote:
Originally Posted by QcS View Post
Today, the Q has taken away 2 points in the standings for the Sea Dogs and given them to the Gatineau Olympiques.

The Sea dogs beat the Gatineau Olympiques on January 4th, but Villemaire played the game and he wasn't officially under contract with the Sea Dogs. After he went home and wanted to go play AAA, he sent proof of this to the league. Then, as the Sea Dogs didn't want to let him go play AAA, he came back to the team.. but the Gatineau Olympiques learned about the situation and complained to the league.

Today the Q has attributed the 2 points to Gatineau and taken them away from the Sea Dogs.
Courteau would do that, ****ing *****.

Old
02-11-2012, 07:51 AM
QcS

Quote:
Courteau would do that, ****ing *****.
It's in the rules and it's not the first time it happens. Teams just have to play by the rules. EVEN the Sea dogs.

QcS is offline   Reply With Quote