HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

The 2012 AHL All Star Classic will be in...

Closed Thread

Old
09-09-2011, 05:33 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Not that I fully know but from banter I have heard in the past there were ownership issues in Orlando and KC. I believe the Orlando problem was the owner already had a stake in another AHL Franchise or something and was prohibited from having a 2nd. I could be wrong but I think it was something within that nature.
you're not allowed to have an interest in more than 1 franchise... Devos/Van Andel had 3, AND PICKED Grand Rapids.... same thing happened w/ Roy Boe, started w/ Worcester and had to sell the interest when he asked in on Bridgeport....

Old
09-09-2011, 07:00 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Hutch, do you actually have a comment about putting the ASG in AC, or are you just going to display your fractured knowledge of team's ownership histories? I'd actually be fascinated to hear what you have to say about the ASG being placed in a non-AHL city.

Please don't reply with "But Providence had the game in '94/Ed Anderson moved my team/Brendan Walsh was a thug" or any such variation.

Old
09-09-2011, 09:37 PM
axecrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Hutch, do you actually have a comment about putting the ASG in AC, or are you just going to display your fractured knowledge of team's ownership histories? I'd actually be fascinated to hear what you have to say about the ASG being placed in a non-AHL city.

Please don't reply with "But Providence had the game in '94/Ed Anderson moved my team/Brendan Walsh was a thug" or any such variation.
He's screwed.

Old
09-09-2011, 09:42 PM
axecrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
we've had 4 in 38 years, GMR, 2 W/ Philadelphia, 1st modern day expansion team to beat Moscow Dynamo, then repeat as Calder Cup, 1st year as a Devils affiliate ('83); and '94); we started the same year as Milwaukee
"WE"....my apologies to hutch, I didn't know he was a part owner/player for these teams.

Back on his fractured topic 4 local championships in 38 years......that's pretty impressive....

except that the Wolves have 4 championships in their whole existance...yup all 17 years of it.

Old
09-09-2011, 09:56 PM
CHRDANHUTCH

Send a message via AIM to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via MSN to CHRDANHUTCH Send a message via Yahoo to CHRDANHUTCH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post

Apparently, all of you hate the league you're in, so why do we have this league at all, GG, might as well fold the entire league after 80 odd years, then I'm embarassed to be a part of a league with a bunch of youngsters acting like spoiled brats, in all 30 fanbases..... I don't have a problem w/ this, but all you spoiled brats want to do is whine, and complain, when I haven't seen ONE positive story, all u want to do is complain, whine and berate ppl w/ personal attacks, etc to make your point when obviously you don't want to fix the problem

Last edited by CHRDANHUTCH: 09-09-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old
09-09-2011, 10:07 PM
axecrew

Hutch...we've tried to "fix" the problem......how many face to face conversations with "god' do we need to have before he actually listens to someone other than his east coast brethen??

Youngsters huh......I'll bet some ,including me, are older than you are.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:12 PM
Frank Booth

Reading this thread is equal to going to the zoo, taking a football, tossing it into the primate cage, and watching the monkeys try to have sex with the football. Amusing, but stupid nonetheless.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:16 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post
Hutch...we've tried to "fix" the problem......how many face to face conversations with "god' do we need to have before he actually listens to someone other than his east coast brethen??

Do you wanna admit being in your 40's or older? Lol

As for the East Coast bias I have said it before. Look at the league map. How much of the "West" is really in the West? A guesstimate of maybe 10 teams.(Doing this at the moment not looking up the Directory) Much of the league is in the Northeast you could say. You have 7 teams in PA and NY alone. This is the American Hockey League? Two states right next to eachother almost make up a 3rd of said league. Now throw in your New England franchises, Hamilton, Toronto and Lake Erie.

Old
09-09-2011, 10:20 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
Reading this thread is equal to going to the zoo, taking a football, tossing it into the primate cage, and watching the monkeys try to have sex with the football. Amusing, but stupid nonetheless.
Wouldn't that also fit the description of having an All Star Game in a city that has no team and Northeasterners say they wouldn't go even if it were FREE? Lol

Old
09-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRDANHUTCH View Post
Apparently, all of you hate the league you're in, so why do we have this league at all, GG, might as well fold the entire league after 80 odd years, then I'm embarassed to be a part of a league with a bunch of youngsters acting like spoiled brats, in all 30 fanbases..... I don't have a problem w/ this, but all you spoiled brats want to do is whine, and complain, when I haven't seen ONE positive story, all u want to do is complain, whine and berate ppl w/ personal attacks, etc to make your point when obviously you don't want to fix the problem
If I ever won one of those huge lotteries, I will do exactly that. I will buy and have friends buy the franchises and then fold it and reform it as the IHL and keep to the IHLs mid 90s ideals but without the ridiculous disregard for financial stability that was in place.

And what is there to be positive about? declining attendance, reduced schedule, boring hockey, mediocre talent, and limited exposure to teams not within your own division let alone conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axecrew View Post

Yep, you youngsters........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Do you wanna admit being in your 40's or older? Lol

As for the East Coast bias I have said it before. Look at the league map. How much of the "West" is really in the West? A guesstimate of maybe 10 teams.(Doing this at the moment not looking up the Directory) Much of the league is in the Northeast you could say. You have 7 teams in PA and NY alone. This is the American Hockey League? Two states right next to each other almost make up a 3rd of said league. Now throw in your New England franchises, Hamilton, Toronto and Lake Erie.
This league is the true ECHL!!!

Old
09-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

OK, this thread has really strayed off topic. Sorry all, but Closed.