HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Friday, September 9th Jets Papers (with audio from Chevy's presser re; Wellwood)

Old
09-09-2011, 07:18 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Friday, September 9th Jets Papers (with audio from Chevy's presser re; Wellwood)

Friday, September 9th Jets Papers

Discover Moose Jaw: McFaull flys to Jets camp. A little info on a young gun hoping to make an impression at the Jets rookie camp this weekend.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets sign Wellwood to one-year deal. The deal is worth $700,000.00 to Wellwood, and doesnít represent a big expense for Winnipeg if they can get some productivity out of the 28 year old.

Winnipeg Sun: Bruins Cup win tough on Wheeler. It is one of those tough to swallow character building moments for the young Jet.

Global Winnipeg: Hockey stars still looking for homes in Winnipeg. The market is tough and competitive, even for guys making 6 0r 7 figure salaries.

Winnipeg Free Press: Winnipeg Jets rookie camp facts and figures. Just some of the faces to look out for and some of the times/dates to be aware of.

Globe and Mail: Igor Korolev remembered as a proud Canadian. The former member of the Jets 1.0 had an impact on the development of current Jet Nik Antropov and it is clear that the relationship was significant between the two of them.

Around the NHL:

Buffalo News: Sabres prospects ready to flaunt skills. Iím looking forward to seeing these upstart Sabres when they come to town.

Calgary Sun: Same olí, same olí for Flames. If there is one guy I wouldnít want to underestimate itís Jarome Iginla.

Denver Post: Avs goalie Varlamov heads to Russia for services in wake of crash. Since he used to play for Lokomotiv, he must have a lot of connections to the team.

Boston Herald: Bruins back at it. What people tend to forget, is that unlike other teams, whose season ended weeks if not months earlier, the Bruins have a very short period of time in which to enjoy the Cup win, before they have to get back to the grind.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-09-2011 at 04:27 PM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 10:07 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket Delivery Method Ė Update

At the end of August, having fielded many inquires about when season ticket holders could expect to receive their tickets, I contacted True North to find out and was given the following information regarding the method of delivery of Jets season tickets. (An IC reader in Toronto shared his season tickets for the Leafs/Jets games, that he received this week).

After the jump we get the updated info on how and when you can expect to receive your Winnipeg Jets season tickets.

Old
09-09-2011, 02:13 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Afternoon Delight

Afternoon Delight

Winnipeg Free Press: Jetsí Antropov mourns loss of friend. Hard to focus on a game like hockey when real life events such as this tragedy occur.

Winnipeg Free Press: Jets NHL 12 gameplay teases fans. Iím not a big video game player (last one I owned was NHL 96 for SNES) but this looks very cool.

The Score: Jets jersey originality. Again Iím gonna stick with the fact that they had 6 weeks to do what normally takes 18 months.

ChrisD: Want a job with the Winnipeg Jets? If you want to get into the building here is one way to do it.

Around the NHL:

Chicago Tribune: Hawks acquire Toews brother. Perhaps theyíve made this move to solidify Toews relationship to the city of Chicago.

Inside Stl: Blues name David Backes captain. He is going to be helped with 4 assistant captains.

Star-Ledger: Devilsí Zach Parise among stars to do NHL Network promo videos. They need to do something to help spread the word of hockey.

Old
09-09-2011, 02:18 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
What exactly is a "production crew"? I'm going to go down there tomorrow (with a resume?) and see what's up.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:47 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
What exactly is a "production crew"? I'm going to go down there tomorrow (with a resume?) and see what's up.
I'll be there too. It's the on ice crew: Cleaning the ice in between whistles, boring the holes for nets, giving away prizes, etc. There's probably other jobs related to the 'show' that aren't on ice. The game is an event and everything to put it on is the production.

09-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I'll be there too. It's the on ice crew: Cleaning the ice in between whistles, boring the holes for nets, giving away prizes, etc. There's probably other jobs related to the 'show' that aren't on ice. The game is an event and everything to put it on is the production.
Figured that's what it might be, thanks. I'll be wearing some Jets stuff so be sure to come find me.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:50 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Figured that's what it might be, thanks. I'll be wearing some Jets stuff so be sure to come find me.
LMAO that will be you? Ok

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:53 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
It's the on ice crew: Cleaning the ice in between whistles, boring the holes for nets, giving away prizes, etc.
Is the quality of potential "T&A" important like in other arenas?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 02:56 PM
Jet
Drop the danged puck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Is the quality of potential "T&A" important like in other arenas?
I sure hope not because I haven't worn hotpants in a lonnng time!

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2011, 04:09 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Winnipeg Jets Season Ticket Delivery Method Ė Update to the Update

It appears that today’s post about when and how you would receive your tickets just barely preceded the actual delivery of the tickets. I returned home 5 minutes ago, checked the mail and part 1 of the two part delivery has taken place as I received my first batch of Jets Season tickets. Here are the 3 exhibition game tickets.

Now that people see what the actual tickets look like, what are your thoughts? Like them, dislike them? Let us know.

As an aside, Remis was down at the MTS Centre where GM Kevin Cheveldayoff gave a press conference on the Wellwood signing. Here is the audio from the Press Conference.

Last edited by ICdave: 09-09-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old
09-09-2011, 04:42 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
I sure hope not because I haven't worn hotpants in a lonnng time!
Me neither. Perhaps we could get paid to not perform?

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote