Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 12 out Tuesday @ Midnight!

Old
09-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Vrain

vCash: 500
When they add the new Jets jerseys will they updated in my saved Be A Pro/GM games as well or will I need to start over to use those?

Vrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 02:59 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

They'll update automatically as they have in previous years when the alternates were added in.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Aaronxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
EA said they only have enough $$ to release one patch this year that will "fix" bugs like; disappearing players/EASHL leveling problem/Hip-Check bubble/Jets Jerseys/Florida jerseys/etc.. Also it will not be released until November at the earliest.

source?

Aaronxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Playing in the CHL for more than the Memorial Cup is killer. And I love being able to sim to my next shift so the team can actually play 20 minute periods and it's not like I'm out there for the whole game. I had so much fun in just the 1 game I've played so far. I'm the center for Shayne Wiebe on the Wheat Kings, he got bumped to left wing.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Okay, something that's been bothering me since NHL 11:

How do you read the "depth chart" in this game? I currently have something that looks like this:

C 9/7
LW 9/6
RW 5/6
D 12/10
G 4/4

The letters on the right obviously represent positions but I can't find a correlation to the numbers beside them.

I also have "unsigned 15/40" and reserve list 39/50.

edit: this is for the Be a GM mode.

Winnipeg Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 08:43 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Needed a software update to play nhl 12
Didnt need it this afternoon
Interesting......

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Needed a software update to play nhl 12
Didnt need it this afternoon
Interesting......
I didn't have to get one...

I have 360.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:08 PM
spicy

... [mod]

EA is not putting out only 1 patch this year. There were over a dozen patches put out for NHL11 last year.

Last edited by Jet: 09-19-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: The commentary on who is posting what is unnecessary.
spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post

EA is not putting out only 1 patch this year. There were over a dozen patches put out for NHL11 last year.

You need to post facts to stories otherwise people think youre full of ****

Last edited by Jet: 09-19-2011 at 01:30 AM. Reason: quoted edited post
King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 09:36 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Yeah I believe that is ********. EA is doing extremely well for themselves, and will only do better once Battlefield 3 is released.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
I played Religiously until 08 - 09... the games just got worse every year and Now after Playing NHL 12 tonight I can say that they have out done them selves and made the worst hockey game ever!!! That is NOTHING like the game of hockey... the skating is garbage, the passing is sooooo slow and feels like you have hands of stone the game is a Joke
If you hold the pass button/trigger down longer, passes are harder and faster.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:12 AM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
If you hold the pass button/trigger down longer, passes are harder and faster.
derp derp.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:36 AM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Man you can score some nasty goals in this game.. embarrased my buds more than a couple times today.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:43 AM
spicy

As to clarify, and to keep this thread clean:

NHL11 had several dozen updates for the game (tuner sets, roster updates, online roster updates, and bug fixes) throughout the season.

There were over a dozen roster updates, there were near as many tuner updates, and there were a good handful of title updates as well. You can find the roster updates list if you go into nhl11 and select "roster updates". The same goes for tuner lists, under "tuner" updates. There is not a list of "bug fix" updates within the game, as it happens when you sign into xbox live and run the game. They are call "title updates", they required you to restart the game, and there were more than a few last year.

spicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Tdoe42

I dont like the gameplay engine plain and simple they changed it in '08 and i havent enjoyed the game since I can skate better in real life then they can in the game and thats sad lol

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 07:29 AM
Hammer Slammer

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
I dont like the gameplay engine plain and simple they changed it in '08 and i havent enjoyed the game since I can skate better in real life then they can in the game and thats sad lol
So speed the game up then.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 09:12 AM
PaperRockChamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy View Post
... [mod]

I think you clarified with your post.

What I had originally meant was that EA has a budget for NHL12 to release one major patch.

The updates and tuners are not what I meant. The 34MB update yesterday was to fix EA season ticket for some. The patch that EA will release including the Jerseys and the fix for things like disappearing players in-game,double HUT pack cheat, etc will be hundreds of MB in size and has to be sent to Sony/Microsoft QA for approval. Some of us in the "Nhl community" give and receive feedback throughout the year to help the devs list, confirm, and fix these bugs.

PaperRockChamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

I will say this, naysayers of the game do have some points. This title, like some other EA sports titles, are not really great for casual players. I'd actually say they are not fun until you spend a good amount of time on them. The players seem difficult to control, connecting with plays and scoring seems difficult, etc. Against experienced players, or even the AI, the game is very unforgiving. You have very little room and time to react.

It's certainly a huge, huge difference from the games of the 90's and early 2000's, which were more up-and-down, arcade-like affairs where everyone is fast, huge hits would happen constantly, along with 20+ one-timers a game, tape-to-tape passes and tic-tac-toe plays always happen, and 3 or 4 breakaways. Those were fun games that anyone could pick up and play....very little physics and broken plays.

The games of recent years try for more of a hockey sim, that takes a lot of practice to become proficient at.

Old
09-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Yukon Joe

vCash: 624
Quote:
I will say this, naysayers of the game do have some points. This title, like some other EA sports titles, are not really great for casual players. I'd actually say they are not fun until you spend a good amount of time on them. The players seem difficult to control, connecting with plays and scoring seems difficult, etc. Against experienced players, or even the AI, the game is very unforgiving. You have very little room and time to react.

It's certainly a huge, huge difference from the games of the 90's and early 2000's, which were more up-and-down, arcade-like affairs where everyone is fast, huge hits would happen constantly, along with 20+ one-timers a game, tape-to-tape passes and tic-tac-toe plays always happen, and 3 or 4 breakaways. Those were fun games that anyone could pick up and play....very little physics and broken plays.

The games of recent years try for more of a hockey sim, that takes a lot of practice to become proficient at.

I bought NHL 11 last year - my first hockey game since the mid 90s. And yes, I was completely overwhelmed. I managed some of the basics, but I couldn't score a goal for the life of me.

There is quite a learning curve to it. Now that the Jets are in NHL 12 I'm tempted to get this, but I don't know if I have the time/inclination to learn a new game.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 12:43 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 1700
Quote:

I for one like it better because of this.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:02 PM
s1g

Sure, the game seems hard if you haven't played in years, but just start off on Rookie difficulty and work your way up. I got the game last week, couldn't score more than 2 goals a game. Played on Rookie difficulty, started to put up 4-5 goals per game. Now I can do the same on Pro difficulty. Very rewarding once you start learning how to deke, and one timers are always beautiful to watch on replays.

The only thing I really get frustrated about is when I try to play the man instead of the puck. I tend to pick up a bunch of penalties that way.

Also, I played against the Flyers the other day. Just took Buffy and plowed right into Bryzgalov. I love the fact that you can flatten goalies out this year, where as past hockey games had goalies as practically invincible. Well worth the 2 minute penalty.

s1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:03 PM
DangerJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
I bought NHL 11 last year - my first hockey game since the mid 90s. And yes, I was completely overwhelmed. I managed some of the basics, but I couldn't score a goal for the life of me.

There is quite a learning curve to it. Now that the Jets are in NHL 12 I'm tempted to get this, but I don't know if I have the time/inclination to learn a new game.
Im in the same boat as you. I actually bought NHL 10 couple years back and skipped on nhl 11, althought i was playing NHL 10 the entire time nhl 11 was out until 12 im still having a very hard time learning the game. I only manage to score goals on low difficulty and i find the control are very confusing.

Im able to play any other games besides Sports games, which is really frustrating because im amazing at FPS games.

i hope i can finally get past the learning curve and start playing on the highest difficulty by next years game.

DangerJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

I find pro level too easy, plenty of shut outs and several goals a game. I find all-star to be very tightly contested, and I usually get out-shot by the CPU but probably win 50% of the games, which are kept low scoring. I think I managed to win one game on superstar and it was very difficult.

Against humans, some nights I used to just throw myself into random online matchups. The people that you play online are generally pretty good. My record was like 27 - 30 - 7...not even .500. I consider myself a good 'video gamer', but I haven't practiced enough at the NHL series to be any sort of threat. You have to be ultra-fast at switching players and stick check constantly, and you also have to be great at deking (which I was not). There's guys out there who will score on you every time if they are alone in front of the net. I got matched up against a guy who was #19 in the world before, he crushed me 8-2 and I think he let up completely in the third.

At times you get matched up against two players, which is even more difficult. One of my most memorable games was one in which I played the Avalanche vs. two guys who were playing Chicago. They were up 2-0 going into the third. I scored on a top of the circle wrister to make it 2-1. In the dying minutes I split their two human-controlled D and deked the goalie to tie it and send it to OT, then won it in OT. I literally jumped off the couch and threw my controller. It's those moments that makes the losses and practice worth it!

Old
09-19-2011, 01:49 PM
Damascus

I hate playing against people/online. When I play NHL games I play them as realistically as I can. Everyone is all about offense, even if its some ****** enforcer which pisses me off. I play my players based on how they play in real life, I wish everyone else did too. I much rather play a smart, realistic, balanced defense/offensive game then run and gun score 10 goals unrealistically.

Damascus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damascus View Post
I hate playing against people/online. When I play NHL games I play them as realistically as I can. Everyone is all about offense, even if its some ****** enforcer which pisses me off. I play my players based on how they play in real life, I wish everyone else did too. I much rather play a smart, realistic, balanced defense/offensive game then run and gun score 10 goals unrealistically.
If you're letting in ten goals a game, there's something you're not doing right.

I play realistically, but I'm not going to play stupid to do it. I'm not going to play dump and chase in a video game unless I feel like it's to my advantage. A "realistic" strategy is to play to your opponent's weaknesses.

I don't just try and go end to end every single play like some folks, but I'm playing to win. If I have to play "smart" to do it, I do. If the guy sucks at defense and I can dangle through his entire lineup at will, I'm going to do that too.

Jet Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote