I know aces your right but at 6ft 8 stand there and let the darn puck hit you..
Why? Not the way a big goalie should play. He's not all legs. He's got a huge body, too. Going into the butterfly, he covers a lot more of the net than the average goalie and MUCH more of the lower level.
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB "Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168 "Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
- Dylan McIlrath looks very good out there. Very composed when he see's the puck and is able to get rid of it in a safe manner. Pretty impressive so far.
- Tim Erixon is pretty shifty in the back end. He is able to avoid getting hit in the corners and seems pretty well on his skates. You can see him looking around for options when he has the puck in the O-Zone. Seems pretty confident with the puck. Would like to see more shots.
- Christian Thomas is very active and noticable. Very good lateral and straight line speed. Excellent acceleration. Pretty soft hands when it comes to handling the puck, does not seem to shy away from contact, like it.
- Parlett(Sp?) had himself a very good period and was noticable whenever he had the puck. Another guy that seems confident handling the puck. Always has his head up and looks for options.
- Matt Rust started the period pretty good and showed some quickness as well as going hard to the net. Was a little less noticeable in the later stages of the period.
- Cresniak(sp?) i'll just call him #87 cause right now i don't think we'll see his name much.
He looks very immobile and slow. Gotta watch him a little more.
- Our goalie (Messian?) looks pretty composed and has his angles in check. Rebound control is not very good. I wouldn't fault him on any of the goals though.
Overall i am pretty happy so far. Let's see how the rest of the game goes. I think we can expect some line shuffling for the next period.
After one period, I was most impressed with McIlrath, Parlett, and Thomas. Honorable mention to Erixon because he scored and I didn't notice him do anything bad, and I don't know his number so I couldn't really look for him.