HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

the best trade ever

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 11:30 AM
Teemu

vCash: 500
The....uh...... uh....... well, I'm sure there was a trade somewhere down the line that we didnt lose.

Old
08-16-2004, 11:51 AM
HockeyMan9

Depending on how Alexandre Svitov the Sydor-Svitov deal should be pretty even, Sydor was out of place here in Columbus, he was asked to do too much when the team was hit with injuries, after the trade he helped Tampa when their first Cup.

Old
08-16-2004, 12:04 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

To Florida:
Roberto Luongo, Olli Jokinen

To NYI:
Oleg Kvasha, Mark Parrish

Bonus - how we traded Valeri Bure to St Louis for Mike VanRyn, then we got Bure back at no cost that summer. It was like getting VanRyn for free!

Old
08-16-2004, 12:23 PM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Easily the Joe Nieuwendyk for Jarome Iginla deal for Dallas, which automaticly stands as one of the best deals ever made, period.
Who won that trade? Calgary got a great young sniper and superstar but Dallas got a cup out of Nieuwendyk

Old
08-16-2004, 12:33 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Neither, but that is immaterial. It's still the best trade that Dallas has made in its history, as it netted them a Conn Smythe Trophy winner and a Stanley Cup.

Old
08-16-2004, 12:41 PM
HellsBells

Flames:

Nieuwendyk for Iginla. The Flames were not going to win anything with Nieuwendyk so this deal is awesome for the Flames. Worked out for both teams.

2nd rounder for Kiprusoff. Enough said. If Kipper can play anything like last year, this may be one of the worst trades in SJ history. Already came back to bite them once.

Fleury & Dingman for Regehr, Corbet & Belak. Dingman, Corbet & Belak all suck but to get a stud like Regehr for a pending UFA was pretty sweet.

Nazarov for Leopold. :lol

Morris, MacAmmond & Shantz for Yelle & Drury. Ended up Morris, Shantz, Begin & a 5th for Yelle, Reinprecht & Warrener. Love it !!

That's all I can think of now.

Old
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
CODevilsFan

Tom Kurvers for a first round pick (Scott Niedermayer)

Old
08-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Quagmier

This thread appears to be "The worst deals your team ever made (Reversed)"

Old
08-16-2004, 04:30 PM
KINGLEWOOD

As a Kings fan here are a some trades I really liked.

1. Wayne Gretzky, Marty McSorley, and Mike Krushelnyski to Edmonton for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 1st round picks in '89, '91, &'93 drafts along with 15 Million.

2. Thomas Sandstrom and Tony Granato to NY Rangers for Bernie Nichols.

3. Ziggy Palffy, Bryan Smolinski, Marcel Cousineau and a 4th round pick in '99 for Oli Jokinen, Mathieu Biron and a 1st round pick in '99.

4. Ian Laperriere, Mattias Norstrom, Ray Ferraro, Naythen LaFayette and a 4th round pick in '97 for Jarri Kurri, Marty McSorley and Shane Churla.

Old
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Zubrus the better player? Give me a break. I've seen people year after year saying that Zubrus is about to explode yet year after year he doesn't. It's getting old.

Meanwhile Zednik is a 25-30 goals scorer and about a third of his goals are clutch goals.

Old
08-16-2004, 05:39 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Right now he is, but I think that Zubrus will be the best player of that deal in the long run. I'd be kinda worried if that was in fact your team's best trade in franchise history..
In the long run the best player of this trade will be Perezhogin by a good margin...

Zubrus is now 26 years old, he has been inconsistency all his carreer long, thats why Savard traded him, he is a weak top 6 foward while Zednik (only 2 years older) is a proven top 6 performing well under pressure...

Old
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
When it all shook out:

To EDM: Bernie Nichols, Louie deBrusk, Steven Rice, and David Shaw.

To NYR: Mark Messier and Jeff Beukeboom.

Old
08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Bruins trade the rights to Ken Dryden to the Habs for a player that never played in the NHL.

Habs acquired a 3rd round pick for Robert Picard. The 3rd rounder ends up being Patrick Roy.

Corson and Vujtek for Damphousse

Kordic for Courtnall

Series of trades that led to getting Guy Lafluer first overall

Soon to be UFA Vlady Malakhov for Sheldon Souray and a 2nd

Leafs pick Doug Jarvis in the 2nd round and promptly trade him to the Habs for some stiff.

Steve Penny for Bryan Hayward

Old
08-16-2004, 06:57 PM
tom_servo

Pittsburgh: Ric Jackman

Toronto: Drake Berehowsky

Old
08-16-2004, 07:27 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD
As a Kings fan here are a some trades I really liked.

1. Wayne Gretzky, Marty McSorley, and Mike Krushelnyski to Edmonton for Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, 1st round picks in '89, '91, &'93 drafts along with 15 Million.

Clearly the most important trade NHL history... from a talent standpoint, considering who we're talking about here, arguable one of the most lopsided as well in the end.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:58 PM
Twist and Shout

Alex Stojanov for Markus Naslund

Old
08-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
In the long run the best player of this trade will be Perezhogin by a good margin...

Zubrus is now 26 years old, he has been inconsistency all his carreer long, thats why Savard traded him, he is a weak top 6 foward while Zednik (only 2 years older) is a proven top 6 performing well under pressure...
Zubrus just turned 26......Zednik was 26 when he had his only 30 goal season.....Zubrus has been inconsistant offensively, no question....but over the last few seasons he has been a very consistant player away from the puck......he does all the little things that make him a good player......If Zednik was more consistant this wouldnt even be a question...but he is not a consistant scorer....quite the opposite actually....and IMO he doesnt do much else so when he isnt scoring he isnt helping.

In any case...I know I am in the vast minority on this...Zednik certainly has more value in a trade.....but IMO Zubrus is a better all around player that can still improve....what the most laughable thing is someone thinking this is some huge lopsided trade....the best trade ever for a team (the Habs no less).....Zubrus is a good player....a member of the Russian World Cup team.....this is hardly the lopsided trade the knucklehead who started this thread thinks it is......regardless of who you think is the better player

Old
08-16-2004, 08:18 PM
mad chemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS
Even if the zubrus and zednik trade is a good one i must agree that this is a real steal because i think stojanov have played 6 games with the pens after and we never heard about him after.

Pretty good tread for the canucks

Old
08-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Who won that trade? Calgary got a great young sniper and superstar but Dallas got a cup out of Nieuwendyk
Much like how the St. Louis Blues got Brett Hull & Steve Bozek for Rob Ramage & Rick Walmsley. The Flames won a Cup, and the Blues acquired one of the finest pure goal scorers ever.

Old
08-16-2004, 08:50 PM
ifesfor*

Washington Capitals traded Jaromir Jagr to the New York Rangers for Anson Carter.Ok Jagr might not be "mentally" the player he was and it was for salary dump, but god sake...

Other nice trade to remember:

Philadelphia Flyers traded Ron Hextall, Peter Forsberg, Steve Duchesne, Kerry Huffman, Mike Ricci, Chris Simon, 1st round selection (Jocelyn Thibault) in 1993, 1st round selection (later traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, later traded to the Washington Capitals - Nolan Baumgartner) in 1994 and cash to the Quebec Nordiques for Eric Lindros

Then after...They took that Thibault + Kovalenko + Rucinsky to montreal for Patrick Roy AND Mike Keane(who was one of the best defensive forward during that time)

There are a few bad trade we can remember but these imo are the ones that shocked me the most.

Old
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
ifesfor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS

I must agree that trade is horrible, but Naslund took a good 7-8 years before becoming the player he is today.5 years ago Naslund was nothing.Not even in a top 10 list of a pool played by 20 peoples.

Then suddently in 98-99, his real good career started.

Old
08-16-2004, 10:15 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
The....uh...... uh....... well, I'm sure there was a trade somewhere down the line that we didnt lose.
Amazing how cynical some Hawk fans can be! Krapovtsev for the 4th last season was the biggest steal in the league last year. Possibly one of the best Hawk trades in history.

#2 in the last decade would probably be overpaid Klemm and 4th for Robidas and a 2nd.

Theres so much to be thankful for in Hawkland!

Old
08-16-2004, 11:11 PM
Youreallygotme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad chemist
Even if the zubrus and zednik trade is a good one i must agree that this is a real steal because i think stojanov have played 6 games with the pens after and we never heard about him after.

Pretty good tread for the canucks

And Keenan's only good trade: Bert, Mccabe(traded for a top pick), and a third(ruutu) who is a big part of the canucks, for Trevor Linden. Possibly the most bittersweet deal in nhl history, but it worked out in the end.

As for Keenan's other trades that he pulled out of his arse..

Best trade in NHL history could be the Bruins acquiring Cam Neely for some guy, or the Bruins acquiring Phil Esposito from the hawks for I dont know who but he wasnt very good i know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBob
Amazing how cynical some Hawk fans can be! Krapovtsev for the 4th last season was the biggest steal in the league last year. Possibly one of the best Hawk trades in history.

#2 in the last decade would probably be overpaid Klemm and 4th for Robidas and a 2nd.

Theres so much to be thankful for in Hawkland!
Thats the spirit.

Last edited by Youreallygotme: 08-16-2004 at 11:17 PM.
Old
08-17-2004, 07:01 AM
PSUhockey34

Sens:
Chara
Muckult
Spezza

Islanders:
Yashin and his huge contract burden

Old
08-17-2004, 10:26 AM