HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Captaincy

Old
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

vCash: 500
Keep in mind early last season it was a lock that Stastny was the heir apparent. 1 good season shouldn't automatically mean its ROR or Lando's to lose. Eventually you guys will turn on them like you have Stastny and are starting to on Duchene.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by foppagirl21 View Post
I was kidding with point #1. He does not seem awkward with his teammates at all. Not sure if I blame Sacco. O'Reilly has done everything to warrant an 'A', but I honestly believe he just does not want the extra attention quite yet. Who knows.
I think not getting the A has more to do with Sacco and Co not wanting to add any pressure, and for him to just focus on his game. Giving 21 year olds the C or A has become a new thing in the last five years or so, and not all teams do it.

I think it's a good idea actually, even though Radar could probably handle it. I expect him to get an A in a game down the stretch, or perhaps early next year.

I doubt very much any player would turn down wearing the A. It's not like wearing the C.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Mouse21*

there is only one choice. only ever has been one choice, RoR. the ONLY one that is even close to deserving.

Mouse21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Keep in mind early last season it was a lock that Stastny was the heir apparent. 1 good season shouldn't automatically mean its ROR or Lando's to lose. Eventually you guys will turn on them like you have Stastny and are starting to on Duchene.
The thing with O'Reilly is that he hasn't had just one good season. First he broke into NHL against all odds, then mastered the defensive game and now leads team in scoring. While a lot of players would lose that defensive edge by scoring a lot more than earlier, with Factor you can just check the takeaway leaders of NHL and get an idea of how he is doing defensively.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Duchene2MacKinnon
22 years!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Nobody was ever considered a lock. At the end of last year I seem remember EJ being everyones favorite to be captain. I personally wanted the duke.

This also doesn't make any sense. Why would people turn on Landy and O'rielly? Everyone started to get pissed at Stastny because of his play for the past year. Although, I agree it's not Landeskog's or O'rielly's to lose there much to young IMO.

Duchene2MacKinnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Landeskog The Viking
Duchene The Boss

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Nobody was ever considered a lock. At the end of last year I seem remember EJ being everyones favorite to be captain. I personally wanted the duke.

This also doesn't make any sense. Why would people turn on Landy and O'rielly? Everyone started to get pissed at Stastny because of his play for the past year. Although, I agree it's not Landeskog's or O'rielly's to lose there much to young IMO.
heh the way landy plays the game, mature well beyond his years will probably be a 60-70 guy next season sorry guys i'd choose him 2nd would be o'rielly

Landeskog The Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

When was Stastny ever the best man for the captaincy of the Avs?

Landeskog or O'Reilly AINEC.
Johnson with an A.

Holyhell is offline   Reply With Quote