Saturday, September 10th Jets Papers

Old
09-10-2011, 07:54 AM
ICdave
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

Note: Tune into the Illegal Curve Hockey Show at 9 am cst which returns from Summer hiatus today for 3 hours of hockey talk. Today's guests include TSN Analyst and former NHL goaltender Jamie McLennan and new voice of the Winnipeg Jets, Sports Radio 1290's Brian Munz. Join us on IC to take part in the discussion.

Winnipeg Free Press: Lingering hangover. This is not the type of start the Jets wanted their big man to begin the season with.

Winnipeg Sun: Rookies ready for centre stage. IC will be down to interview and photograph some of the young guns this weekend as they prepare to make their impressions on the Jets staff.

Winnipeg Free Press: Prime Minister falls in love with Jets jersey. Would have to expect that our PM is a big fan of the military themed uni’s. There is something inherently Canadian to see the leader of our country watching a hockey game in amongst his fellow citizens and it will be nice to see Prime Minister Harper in Winnipeg on the 9th.

Toronto Star: Jets stuck on real estate runway in Winnipeg. Like almost everything that’s been done since the franchise changed hands, it’s been a mad dash to the finish line to try and get everything accomplished that needs to get done, like finding homes for players before the season gets underway.

Winnipeg Sun: Wellwood could be great investment. As has been stated previously, neither side is taking a big gamble and could be decent pay off.

Winnipeg Free Press: Gregoire has point to prove in B.C. Kyle, our prospects expert, is quite high on this local Winnipeg product and thinks he can be a nice addition to the team.

SI.com: Which is the best uniform? The guys over at SI are conducting a poll to determine the best hockey uniform and these are your four options for the Jets.

Around the NHL:

OC Register: Selanne might delay decision until camp. No Teemu. some of us have already selected the December 17th game against Anaheim and we’d like to know now if you are planning on playing.

News & Observer: Canes mull visit to Atlanta. Perhaps it is “too soon” to be picking over the carcass that is the fan base in Atlanta but it appears that there are 2, if not 3 NHL teams that are prepared to duke it out for this fan base.

Calgary Sun: Flames prospects aimin’ for big gig. Now is the time for optimism but will it last?

Last edited by ICdave: 09-10-2011 at 09:07 AM.
ICdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Jet
BrYahn Liiiitulll

vCash: 50
FYI its 9am I'm at the Jets job fair and there are 20 ppl here. Came early cause I was expecting it to be super busy. Come now if you're coming!

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I'm only on my way now. Had to take care of a violently drunk girlfriend (yay) so I wanted to get at least a bit of snooze time. I've got an older Jets hat, grey shirt and white-ish shorts on and I'm a taller guy. See you there if you're still hanging around.

Hammer Slammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Jet
BrYahn Liiiitulll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I'm only on my way now. Had to take care of a violently drunk girlfriend (yay) so I wanted to get at least a bit of snooze time. I've got an older Jets hat, grey shirt and white-ish shorts on and I'm a taller guy. See you there if you're still hanging around.
Were you wearing a camo type hat? I think I saw you on my way out. PS When I read your post on my phone I got that your gf gets violent when she's drunk for some reason I thought you might have gotten a beat down last night...

Anyhow, I had my second interview with the director of production. He sees me working in show production with my experience and credentials: Scoreboard, ad ring, music, announcements, camera switching and camera work, and maybe some in front of camera stuff eventually. He said it could become a full time gig.

I just have to send him a more formal resume and some examples of my work. That would be an amazing gig if I could get it.

09-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Were you wearing a camo type hat? I think I saw you on my way out. PS When I read your post on my phone I got that your gf gets violent when she's drunk for some reason I thought you might have gotten a beat down last night...

Anyhow, I had my second interview with the director of production. He sees me working in show production with my experience and credentials: Scoreboard, ad ring, music, announcements, camera switching and camera work, and maybe some in front of camera stuff eventually. He said it could become a full time gig.

I just have to send him a more formal resume and some examples of my work. That would be an amazing gig if I could get it.
If you get in, that means that you'll have to give us more information on the inside of the Jets.

Best of luck!

Makeshift We Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 03:31 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

So you don't have to be on the ice?

AugustBurnsRed* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I guess they were interviewing for other stuff besides promotions. I applied to do that stuff in the stands or in between periods. That would be a sweet gig for you Jet. And no I was wearing a Jets hat haha.

Hammer Slammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Jet
BrYahn Liiiitulll

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustBurnsRed View Post
So you don't have to be on the ice?
That's what they were mainly looking for, but they were also hiring in stand promotions, and the guy I interviewed with said they were also trying to scout for production staff.

P.S. Here's the back of the guys card... guess 'get new stationary' is still on the 'to do' list
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00491-20110910-1528.jpg‎ (550.7 KB, 12 views)

Jet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 04:39 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Maaan... . I know somebody who works in production and didn't bother to apply because the way it was described to him from the dude at the MTS Centre. He made it sound like they were basically just looking for on ice promotion/clean up etc people.

Old
09-10-2011, 04:56 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Does anybody know if there's still an opportunity to apply?