HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which team did you previously cheer for?

Old
09-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Savardian Spinarama
Grippin' 'n Grinnin'

vCash: 500
Fan of the Canadiens since 1972, then a fan of the Jets and the Canadiens, then just the Habs, now back to the Habs and the Jets. I've always felt that the two teams were connected, and I did respect John Ferguson a lot. So cheering for both is not mutually exclusive. But when they meet up - it's the Jets.

Interesting story - I was at the Bell Centre for a game in 2007. I wore my Habs cap and my Jets jersey. A fan in the concourse recognized it right away, gave a cheer and yelled that they would be coming back. And here we are.

Savardian Spinarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:43 AM
WaveRaven

vCash: 50
Jets ... Boycott .... Jets

WaveRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:54 AM
THamps

Sabres. Jets are my number 1 now, but it'll be hard not to be interested in Buffalo this year cause it looks like it'll be a good season!

THamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
The Hobgoblin

The Flames when I was a kid and the Thrashers as a father with my son. Thanks again NHL.

The Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM
Savardian Spinarama
Grippin' 'n Grinnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobgoblin View Post
The Flames when I was a kid and the Thrashers as a father with my son. Thanks again NHL.
And those are the people I feel the worst for. The parents with the kids who support the teams. Literally, no one in the NHL brass cares about those people.

Both my kids were born after the Jets left, inspite of my explanations they still can't figure out why they left in the first place.

Old
09-12-2011, 12:28 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

My dad was a Candiens fan since before there were the Jets and I inherited that from him. Plus my fiance is a born and raised Montrealer so I have that connection.

So I was a Habs and Jets fan growing up. When they Jets left I kinda didn't follow hockey as closely anymore. I started getting just into the playoffs after a few years and recently I've been all out Habs but cheered on any Canadian team in the playoffs if the Habs were eliminated.

Now I'll have the Jets as my wife team and the Canadiens will be my girlfriend team.

cheswick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 02:55 PM
The Hobgoblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savardian Spinarama View Post
And those are the people I feel the worst for. The parents with the kids who support the teams. Literally, no one in the NHL brass cares about those people.

Both my kids were born after the Jets left, inspite of my explanations they still can't figure out why they left in the first place.
Thanks. My own father taught me hockey when I was small and we were season ticket holders to the Flames. After our used car salesman turned down local owners to sell to Calgary and we lost NHL hockey my father never went back or watched a NHL game. He only supports local minor league teams.

Now I have the same problem with my son. He sorta likes the Blackhawks because after the Flames were stolen that was the team I picked up as a fan. I rooted for them every time they played except against Atlanta. I'm trying to get him to stay involved with the NHL but it isn't working. The only team he cares about now is our local minor league team.

Atlanta is the fastest growing youth hockey market in the entire United States. Not having a NHL local team is going to jeopardize that severely. I only hope we one day get an owner actually committed to winning like the fans in Atlanta are and brings a team here. Perhaps my son will be able to have a team with his son someday and not have to watch them be ripped away like his old man did twice.

The Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Savardian Spinarama
Grippin' 'n Grinnin'

Quote:
Thanks. My own father taught me hockey when I was small and we were season ticket holders to the Flames. After our used car salesman turned down local owners to sell to Calgary and we lost NHL hockey my father never went back or watched a NHL game. He only supports local minor league teams.

Now I have the same problem with my son. He sorta likes the Blackhawks because after the Flames were stolen that was the team I picked up as a fan. I rooted for them every time they played except against Atlanta. I'm trying to get him to stay involved with the NHL but it isn't working. The only team he cares about now is our local minor league team.

Atlanta is the fastest growing youth hockey market in the entire United States. Not having a NHL local team is going to jeopardize that severely. I only hope we one day get an owner actually committed to winning like the fans in Atlanta are and brings a team here. Perhaps my son will be able to have a team with his son someday and not have to watch them be ripped away like his old man did twice.
Feel for you man. I'm super happy they're back, but I'm mindful that some people have been left behind. Doesn't feel good that's for sure. I still remember that day in the arena when they had the closing up shop ceremony. One crappy feeling all in all.

Old
09-12-2011, 08:03 PM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 2084
I cheered for the rangers, because when i was young i loved gretzkey, then i cheered for Calgary, because of iggy, but they sucked so i followed the ROTJ religiously for the past year or so

timed that well calgary sucks

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

vCash: 300
Quote:

Places like Atlanta need to develop local junior and NCAA teams. Alabama-Huntsville is looking for a conference. If four or five more teams start in the southeast then there you go.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Juzmo
dont google me

vCash: 690
Atlanta Thrashers

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:52 AM
FBS

vCash: 5160
Didn't get into hockey until 2000 or so in middle school. Back then I was a Toronto fan, but when we moved back to the states I stopped following the NHL.

I've been getting back into it the last couple years but I didn't really have a team to follow. Leafs? No... Stars? not really....

The return of the Jets was the best thing about this summer by far

FBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:05 AM
ducky

I followed the team to Phoenix (figuratively).

Been a Jets fan since seeing Bobby Hull introduced at Portage and Main!

Will follow both teams for now.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Swiper the Fox

Flyers fan before they left
Flyers fan while they were gone
Flyers fan still , while they are back

but, very nice having a 'home' team again to watch NHL games live (if / when possible)

Swiper the Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 01:06 PM
takehisheadoff

Sadly the flames

takehisheadoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2011, 04:13 PM
roccerfeller
jets bromantic

For me it was the Habs, and last few years Canucks.

Oct 9 is gonna be a special game for me...always been a fan of the Habs...my fav "classic" team, Bruins are a close second

But the Jets have always been the team I'd root for. Jets 2.0 I just love....everything from the logo to the jerseys...just awesome...

roccerfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
Im glad the jets are back, when i was a little **** growing up I remember the fun relationship the Canucks and Jets had Heres hoping realignment puts the Jets back in the Canucks division. I am going to love to hate you guys again... heres hoping you clean up in the SE WOOT!

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-18-2011, 11:18 PM
GoJetsGo13

I was born and raised in Winnipeg, so cheering for another city's team seemed strange to me. So from 1996 until now, I didn't have one particular team I cheered for. Actually, I've been cheering against the Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup final, because I always held out hope that Winnipeg would be the franchise to bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada.

GoJetsGo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:07 PM
monkeywrench

What was your favorite team before the return of the Jets

I have always been cirious of what was your guys favorite team before the return of the jets? and was it hard to switch to the jets?

Thanks

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

ummm

<-----------

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
If you search you'll find many threads covering this....

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:10 PM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
If you search you'll find many threads covering this....
Do not know how to search not the best on the internet

monkeywrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
Here ya go:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...ighlight=cheer

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:41 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
(my intention wasn't to sound rude btw, just figured if you were curious, there was a thread with many posts already.)

wpgsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
ummm

<-----------

If i only ever just used the mobile site... I would think you are pointing at my son

And as for the OP
It is the habs

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote