HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which team did you previously cheer for?

Old
07-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Manitoba Moose. Hello ... there was professional hockey in Winnipeg prior to 2011.
I assumed the thread was specifically referring to which NHL team and that supporting the Moose locally went without saying, but yes I cheered for the moose.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:00 PM
heilongjetsfan

vCash: 758
1981-2011 - Jets 1.0
2011-I'm dead - Jets 2.0

I was one of those guys who kept calling the Coyotes the Jets even up until last season. When it became apparent that the Thrashers were the team that was coming to Winnipeg, it was really confusing for me. I thought I was going to be one of those 2 team guys, but it turns out that it was easy to ditch the 'Yotes like a red-headed step-child!

heilongjetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 08:41 PM
Lux Aurumque*

1991-1999 - Detroit Red Wings/Toronto Maple Leafs
1999-2011 - Atlanta Thrashers
2011-Present - Winnipeg Jets/Edmonton Oilers

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 09:03 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Phoenix Coyotes=Faux Jets.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:16 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
I was a diehard Wings fan until the Jets came back. I thought I'd keep following but I really don't at all. It's all Jets for me now even though I've got a ton of Wings gear (which I still wear).

JustGivingEr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Martin21

Jets left when I was 5 and I didn't really follow any team after that. I followed my favorite player Ed Belfour from team to team.

I was one of those people who constantly visited jetsowner and went on youtube to watch old Jets clips dreaming that one day they would be back.

Martin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
Makeshift We Are
Harper is a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
I was a diehard Wings fan until the Jets came back. I thought I'd keep following but I really don't at all. It's all Jets for me now even though I've got a ton of Wings gear (which I still wear).
Exact same for Edmonton and I.

Makeshift We Are is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2012, 10:49 PM
buggs
Feeling Beaverish

vCash: 974
Was kind of fickle with teams when the Jets were here for my #2 pick and somewhat same after they left. Like lots I stopped caring about hockey. Sort of got into fantasy hockey on yahoo and while I could recite guys stats like there was no tomorrow I couldn't honestly tell you how any team was doing other than my goalies' teams because wins mattered.

Sort of cheered for Hawks or Sens most. Sens because I couldn't really stand the other teams. I had a Leafs jersey, to my shame, as a kid, but I blame my parents. Never have liked the Canucks even when we were their farm team and couldn't cheer for an Alberta team (stoopid Jamie Macoun ). Habs were a possibility but after I teased Habs fans so badly back in 1980 when they lost to the North Stars (I owned a North Stars jersey for years) I couldn't really justify cheering for them.

Then and now: Jets. 1996-2010 was dark, very dark.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 02:52 PM
JSR84
Displaced Jets fan.

I remember going to Jets games when I was a kid, but I honestly wasn't into Hockey as much as I am now. That being said I still felt the loss of the Jets 1.0. When I started to get into Hockey in about 99 I became a hardcore Leafs fan, and when I moved to Victoria in 04 I tried everything to become a Canucks fan. Ultimetly I ended up despising them and their fans them more than anything, lol. Since the return of the Jets they've definitely taken over the number one spot from the Leafs. When the season started I didn't know exactly how I felt, it was a very strange feeling. I didn't get to see much of the first meeting between the Jets and the Leafs because of a strata councel meeting so there wasn't much emotion involved, but when the Jets played the Leafs at the MTS Center for the first time I finally knew who was number 1.

First) Jets, hands down.
Second) Leafs, I still have a place in my heart for them, even if they suck.
Third) Any team playing the Canucks, did I mention I hate them with everything that I am.

And Lets not forget about my Victoria Royals!!

JSR84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Repoman

I moved to the Toronto area the year before the Jet's moved to Phoenix. I never really cheered for any team once the Jet's moved. I probably went to more Sabres games in Buffalo than I did Leafs games but I never really had a team. I usually cheered for the Canadian teams in the playoffs but didn't really care either way.

I moved back to Winnipeg about 3 years ago and like to think that since I moved back, so did the Jet's Anyway I definitively watched the most hockey last year that I have since I was a kid.

Repoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:40 PM
JetInOhio
Long Time Lurker

Avalanche. Sakic and Forsberg. That is all.

JetInOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 05:57 PM
buketdude

I was so happy when I heard the Jets were coming back...I understand the bitterness..when the Whalers left I was so angry..the Rangers came in not even a month later and put there AHL team here....didn't watch hockey for a few years..ended up following the Wild since they became a team....and still always hoping the Whalers will return! Good luck to you guys in the future and congratulations!!

buketdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Brian Cadle Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by buketdude View Post
I was so happy when I heard the Jets were coming back...I understand the bitterness..when the Whalers left I was so angry..the Rangers came in not even a month later and put there AHL team here....didn't watch hockey for a few years..ended up following the Wild since they became a team....and still always hoping the Whalers will return! Good luck to you guys in the future and congratulations!!
I remember the Whalers ruining our 1st year in the WHA by winning the Avco Cup. I would really love to see the Whalers and the Nordiques back, so I could once again "detest them with every fibre of my being".

Brian Cadle Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2012, 08:27 PM
CsigJets
Rookie User

First time poster here, I cheered for the leafs and now the Jets first and leafs second.

CsigJets is offline   Reply With Quote