HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Most "lucky" NHL Player compared to his talent

Old
09-13-2011, 10:27 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I've got a question for the people saying Luc Robitaille.

Would you still say he's the luckiest if he had happened to be named Francois?

Luck doesn't get you into the hall of fame.

Essentially, this thread has to boil down to two types of players. Kirk Maltby types who were decent enough, but greatly benefited from their surroundings, or one-season wonders.

The issue with one-season wonders is that a lot of them had reasons why they weren't able to continue on their pace. (injury, laziness, etc.)

So Chris Osgood it is.
Im one of the biggest Luc Robitaillle fans out there and i have nothing but the up most respect for him and his accomplishments and i agree with you about how he being in the HHOF isnt luck but i think ppl say he was lucky because the guy was probably the poorest skater int he league...hell me 3yr old is a better skater now than Luc was in his prime! if you ever saw him play in person then you know what im talking about. I dont think Luc's name should be in this thread but i can understand where some ppl are coming from.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Blueland89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KH1 View Post
I would say P.A. Parenteau, who wouldn't even be in the NHL if Kyle Okposo hadn't gotten hurt in training camp but now gets to play on John Tavares' wing.

But nobody who plays for the Isles can be considered that lucky.
How can you say a guy shouldn't be in the NHL but because of an injury he will play on your first line. That doesn't make since to me.

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Blueland89

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Giant Head View Post
Im one of the biggest Luc Robitaillle fans out there and i have nothing but the up most respect for him and his accomplishments and i agree with you about how he being in the HHOF isnt luck but i think ppl say he was lucky because the guy was probably the poorest skater int he league...hell me 3yr old is a better skater now than Luc was in his prime! if you ever saw him play in person then you know what im talking about. I dont think Luc's name should be in this thread but i can understand where some ppl are coming from.
Yeah and he knows he is a horrible skater

Blueland89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:09 AM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueland89 View Post
Yeah and he knows he is a horrible skater
That's one of the best things about him, is his sense of humor. He made fun of himself when it came to that. I miss that guy on the ice, thats for sure.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Roamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestRussian71 View Post
Pascal Dupuis...Why this guy has played with Crosby only Dan Bylsma knows. He is comical to watch at times, but yet he puts up respectable numbers considering his contract.
oh god thank you.
I was reading this entire thread in amazement from not seeing his name mentioned until your post!

a little ****ing late if you ask me. Dupuis was the first name to pop into my head.
Sure pens fans might argue for him, but cooome on.

honorable mention to Vanek. Only due to the offer sheet cash moneys!!

Roamin is offline   Reply With Quote