HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Forecaster predicts Preds finish 6th

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2004, 01:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Forecaster predicts Preds finish 6th

6th in the Western, 2nd in the central, with Shishkanov getting some Calder attention and Trotz winning the Adams. Dare I say it, but it seems like the major publications are finally giving us some credit!

http://magazine.forecaster.ca/thestar/

download the whole 47 page issue for free, here. It's an extremely interesting read, and is especially helpful to those of you who play fantasy hockey. I look forward to taking some of you on again, this year...and hopefully I won't be screwed by not knowing there was a limit on roster moves, this year(argh, trig!) :lol

Old
08-16-2004, 02:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
I look forward to taking some of you on again, this year...and hopefully I won't be screwed by not knowing there was a limit on roster moves, this year(argh, trig!) :lol
I want in on it this year. Last season it was full, this one.....I am definitely not going to be on the back burner

08-16-2004, 03:28 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
what fantasy hockey do you play and where do I sign up?

Old
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
what fantasy hockey do you play and where do I sign up?

we discussed it last year, remember? yahoo fantasy hockey...keep your eyes on the boards for details.

What i'd really like to do this year is do the actual live draft. I did that in another league i was in last year, and it was pretty fun. We could agree on a day that would be good for most of us(i think we should leave the main board out of it, this time...20 teams was way too many) and try to arrange that. it takes about 2 hours, but it's worth it.

Old
08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Forcaster has Legwand penciled in for 55 points, Hartnell(????44 points????), Erat(59 points), Sullivan(67 points), Walker(56 points) all with more than 21 goals Timonen 45 points(36 assists), Zids with 42 points(32 assists), Hamhuis with 32 points (24 assists), and Hutchinson with 29 points (22 assists)

Old
08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Forcaster has Legwand penciled in for 55 points, Hartnell(????44 points????), Erat(59 points), Sullivan(67 points), Walker(56 points) all with more than 21 goals Timonen 45 points(36 assists), Zids with 42 points(32 assists), Hamhuis with 32 points (24 assists), and Hutchinson with 29 points (22 assists)

i think they're under the erroneous assumption that Hutchinson is some sort of lock to make the team. They mentioned him a couple of times, actually.

Old
08-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
i think they're under the erroneous assumption that Hutchinson is some sort of lock to make the team. They mentioned him a couple of times, actually.
and if Hartnell averaged .616 pts per game he'd have somewhere in the neighborhood of 51 points...but I guess I missed their injury prediction on him

Old
08-16-2004, 03:59 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'm for a live draft or whatever. just keep me posted.

Old
08-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Same here. Live drafts always work out the best, anyways. You get a few bad picks here and there, and a few steals as well. When its computer simulated, you may get a player on the list you would rather not have, with the holes on your team that have developed without you able to manually choose each selection...(does that make sense?). I would say we all make a "list" and turn it in to the "Commissioner" or whoever we want to be in charge of the live draft (i.e. record who keeps who.) Then we set a date or days for the live draft, depending on the amount of rounds....Give a low amount of time between each pick, as in 2 minutes per person. If the player does not have a pick in place, one is selected for him from the list, and so on. This makes it go much quicker IMO, and seems to be more personalized.

Old
08-16-2004, 09:03 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
as long as The Preds are in the top 8 of the West Im happy., but I want to see #1 in the Central this season..well.... I just want to see a season this season...

Old
08-19-2004, 03:15 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

did anyone else read this?

anyone?(besides SNA and me?)

Old
08-19-2004, 03:35 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
did anyone else read this?

anyone?(besides SNA and me?)
I read it and found it extremely interesting. I don't think we'll be flying under the radar this year.

Old
08-19-2004, 03:40 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The problem with a live draft is we have 20 teams in the league, it would take a long, long time (which I don't have, with a new born baby and all), and we have so many people on such different schedules. If you take the time to rank your players a live draft wouldn't make a difference.

Old
08-19-2004, 04:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
The problem with a live draft is we have 20 teams in the league, it would take a long, long time (which I don't have, with a new born baby and all), and we have so many people on such different schedules. If you take the time to rank your players a live draft wouldn't make a difference.
well, as i said before...i think 20 teams is WAY too many. last year we only ended up with like 12 managers actually paying attention, by the end. i think 10 or at most 12 is more than enough. if we exclude the NP.com board(and people who don't know what they're doing, the quartermasters of the world) i think the competition\enjoyment factor will be a lot greater. i'm not really interested in playing with that group again, this year.

Old
08-19-2004, 07:34 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
I'm in...I should have won last year but auto-draft took Mario with my first pick which hurt me badddddly.

Old
08-20-2004, 03:01 AM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Sorry to butt in, but I run my own Yahoo league and thought I could shed some light on a few things.

If you do the live draft through Yahoo it should keep everybody happy; whoever creates the league sets the draft at a time when the majority of managers will be able to make it. For all those who can't make it, Yahoo has a list of ranked players which you can edit as much as you like, you can keep Yahoo's rankings or make a list of 5, 10, or even up to 500 players, its up to you. For those of you who can make it to the set time, it gives each manager who is logged in to the draft page 90secs max to make your pick, and only takes around 5 seconds to make the pick of all those managers that can't make it so it moves along quite nicely. You don't even need to be there the whole time, you can come and go as you please, its great. All the drafts I did last year took around 90 mins or so, for a 12 team 16 round draft. 12 teams is the optimal amount if you ask me, and is the standard setting Yahoo uses.. but you can change all that, as many of you know.

Anyway, hope this helped.

Old
08-31-2004, 11:48 AM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Last year, we did have too many teams and the fact that a couple of folks never really managed their teams hurt us. Maybe we could do 2 leagues if there's that much interest again.

Closed Thread