HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2012, 05:09 PM
groovejuice

vCash: 500
If you're so inclined to make ignorant adolescent statements when you're with your pinhead buddies, that's one thing.

For an athlete who played for his country to do it to arguably the most successful amateur Canadian athlete ever, and on a public forum, is neither funny nor commendable.

Old
02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Aceekay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Did anyone see what Nathan Beaulieu put on Twitter yesterday?

That's Canadian Olympic hero Clara Hughes that he's making fun. Hughes is one of the classiest and most respected athletes to ever represent Canada and a champion for mental illness. I know Beaulieu's just a 19 year old kid but this sort of ignorance dispayed publicly is disgraceful. Clara Hughes sure as hell represented our country with much more heart, dignity and pride over the years than Beaulieu did when he coasted on that Russian short-handed goal that turned out to be the semi-final game winner.
He's a kid cracking a joke funny or not, relax... Its not like he made fun mental of illness.

Its funny because i was doing the same thing today making fun of her big mouth. Clara Hughes has been at it a long time now and i doubt she cares if people tease her becuase of her mouth just like how people tease actors if they have big ears or noses.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:33 PM
sansbruit

OT: Girl Giving mixed signs

Salut

I've been in Lyon, France for just over a month now and I met a girl when I first arrived and recently we've talking and spending lots of time together. We'd talk/flirt almost everyday online for 4-5 hours until way past midnight and she'd come over and I'd cook for her and then cuddle together to watch a movie.

Today for Valentine's Day her friends and I met up to go sing KTV and I bought a flower for her and she asked me how come you didn't buy a flower for the other 2 girls?
And later she said she would've been even more happier if I had bought the other 2 girls a flower
wtf?

qu'est-ce qui s'est passé?

Old
02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Shutdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansbruit View Post
Salut

I've been in Lyon, France for just over a month now and I met a girl when I first arrived and recently we've talking and spending lots of time together. We'd talk/flirt almost everyday online for 4-5 hours until way past midnight and she'd come over and I'd cook for her and then cuddle together to watch a movie.

Today for Valentine's Day her friends and I met up to go sing KTV and I bought a flower for her and she asked me how come you didn't buy a flower for the other 2 girls?
And later she said she would've been even more happier if I had bought the other 2 girls a flower
wtf?

Don't worry about it.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Shred

Looks like you don't know much about girls! Don't talk to her for 5 hours online, she'll think you have nothing better to do. Don't go on dates with her friends. Be a man, not a doormat!

Old
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

Seems you could've had a trip à 4 but you didn't rise to the occasion. No seriously, might be a French tradition? Maybe our French posters (MIG, Rutabaga, etc) can help with this one.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:40 PM
AntonCH

get a cloth napkin
get some ether
pour ether on napkin
Then put it to her face and ask her if it smells like ether

Happy valentine's day

Old
02-14-2012, 06:41 PM

Maybe she only likes dat dere BBC.

Old
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Souvenirs

sounds like the Habs board is filled with rapists

Old
02-14-2012, 06:42 PM
sansbruit

lol maybe I should mention I'm asian and she's asian too
does that change anything?

Old
02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred View Post
Looks like you don't know much about girls! Don't talk to her for 5 hours online, she'll think you have nothing better to do. Don't go on dates with her friends. Be a man, not a doormat!
Really? That's exactly what I did with the girl I fell in love with and I have been married to her for over five years now.

However, at this point I think she hasn't made that cross to deeper feelings with you.

She chats with you online - How nice, he wants to listen.
You cook for her - How nice, he's such a good friend to cook for me.
Cuddle with her - I feel safe with him and I know he won't do much.

The questioning about why you didn't buy a flower for her other friends basically solidified that. She sees you as a friend and found it weird that you bought a flower for her but not the others. Sorry bud, but you've fell into the "friends only" zone.

Old
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Just be yourself.

**** that *****

Old
02-14-2012, 07:54 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Why does food take FOREVER to cook?!!!
Should've just ordered in

Old
02-14-2012, 08:18 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Salut

wtf?

Dude don't put too much thought into it, girls are f'ing retarded if you haven't figured that out yet then you will. Just go with the flow if you want something more then just straight up ask her what the deal is, if she flakes just tell her to hit the road and find a new girl. Don't let them play games and drag you along for the ride, cause they will if you let them get away with it.

Old
02-14-2012, 08:35 PM
ClasslessGuy

Quote:
Salut

wtf?

Try to be more independent and bring the fish back in the boat after that!

Old
02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
x74Pacioretty74x

Just got totally rejected myself and you just gotta deal with it and move
On . I've come to the conclusion that regardless how nice/kind you are sometimes it's just not good enough. You'll find that special someone and it will just be a matter of time and you'll know right away! Good luck my friend.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:15 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Salut

wtf?

Don't put much weight into it. If I've learned anything about the womens, it's that you cannot dissect your interactions with them in a straightforward, logical sense as you would a math problem.

Chill out, take some time and if something of the sort happens again, just tell her how you feel.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Seems you could've had a trip à 4 but you didn't rise to the occasion. No seriously, might be a French tradition? Maybe our French posters (MIG, Rutabaga, etc) can help with this one.
Absolutely, I live near Lyon and it's a local tradition here to have a ménage à 4 as an intro to a long-term relationship.

And it makes it a lot easier to find wedding witnesses (eye-witnesses are always a plus).

Jokes aside, I'm not sure the way this girl reacted was so negative (friend zone, etc). Ladies often feel more pressure from their own girl friends than from a man. Maybe she just wanted to avoid that situation with you all focused on her and her friends holding the candles (and giggling at you two).

Just my 2 cents

Old
02-14-2012, 09:24 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Also, we need pics. You know, to make sure you're not BS'ing us.

Old
02-14-2012, 09:25 PM
Moen in Glory
@MoeninGlory

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Also, we need pics. You know, to make sure you're not BS'ing us.
Pics, and her 06

Old
02-15-2012, 01:00 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
oh goody, a classic 'pic or gtfo' moment. i love those.

@ sansbruit: that's asian women for ya - or women in general i guess. also: i think you've been friend-zoned. sucks for you brah

Old
02-15-2012, 09:45 AM
RaMMuT
Tank Nation 2012

Quote:
Salut

wtf?

Alright buddy I'll tell you what I know about asian women...

I've been dating an asian girl for over 5 years now and I'm not even asian which makes it 10 times harder for us to even be considered as bf material (because asian girls date asian guys 90% of the time.)

Step 1: Know that it's a process; meaning it wont happen in one day or 2 because you got her something on valentine's day. It's a process and every girl is different in her own way so you have to understand the girl and study her before you make your move. You have to pick up on her body language, what she says and how she reacts to certain questions you ask her or certain things you do to her...you have to learn how to read between the lines but NOT too much...

Anyways, I met my gf in one of my classes (linear algebra to be precise), so I asked her for her notes and got her phone number a couple of classes later, next thing you know we go out for lunch during breaks and all that stuff. We were flirting too by txt messages and chatting on MSN.

At this point all this means nothing to the girl. I was thinking hey man this girl really wants me and all that, but later on I found out that at this point in our friendship she thought of me as just a friend...a class buddy (I asked her 2 years ago and thats how I found out). Where me on the other hand I'm telling my friends that I think this girl really likes me (yeah guys are stupid like that)... So you go to the next step!

Step 2: Ask her out! Ask her out! tell her let's go out for ''Drinks'' one day after the semester is over, or after class, you get the point! See how she reacts to that and look at her body language. I had to bring her to my house when my family was on vacation and get drunk with her. The plan originally was to get some drinks and watch movies but that didn't happen...We drank and next thing I know we were on my bed cuddling drunk...Then guess what? before we did anything she pulled the question ''Do you love me?''

If she ever asks you that question...Its very tricky because if you say no you wont be getting anything, but if you say yes then you told her you loved her. Me I said ''me??...I ADORE you!'' (very well played)

I asked her right after if SHE loves me, and she was like nope! even if she likes you and thinks your cute and all that she will say no just to **** with your brain and see how you react. I personally believe that before dating a girl every question is a test to see how you are and how you react to certain situations.

Step 3: Girls dont know what they want, they know what they feel or how you make them feel. If you're always busting out sweet lines and being cute all the time and make her blush occasionally. Your doing good...You have to bring up the sex talk every once in a while (not too much) just to make sure you're not on her friends zone as someone mentioned earlier. You have to be agressive at times but be a gentleman if you sense she doesn't like something your doing...Don't be afraid to ask her out and be blunt (but depending on the girl some girls like that and others dont). It's always good to be confident and if she ever rejects you...you play it like as if nothing bothers you and it's cool...you have to be in your ultimate pimp mode.

So long story short man, if she said something because she was with her friends and said she would have been happier if you got her friends flowers...it dont mean ****! You tell her something sweet and make her feel special...she has to be feeling like peaches N cream!

It's a long process and if you act cute (cuz asian girls love that), play your cards right, have a solid game plan set up and understand that women don't know WTF they want...you'll be fine!

Cheers!

Last edited by RaMMuT: 02-15-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old
02-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

Boycott sears fellow good people of hfboards

I want to start by saying that this story below has been the worst customer service experience of my entire life!!! I got jerked around by Sears too many times. I bought a sofa on December 1st, they ran out of stock and couldn't deliver the sofa until January 28th. I take the 28th off to wait for the sofa, then get a call on the 28th about my sofa not even being in their distribution center, and that it would take at least another 2 weeks! So 2 more weeks of watching TV while lying down on the floor. I call the salesperson in Brossard (Micheline whatever her last name is) who sold me the sofa to voice my displeasure, and she promises I will be compensated and will contact me back in 3 days to let me know if they can expedite the delivery. Three days pass, and I never get contacted. I eventually decide I want to cancel my order out of principle, and I travel from Toronto to show up in person at the store because I'm getting nowhere via telephone. I ask Micheline what happened to her promise of compensating me, and contacting me to resolve the problem. She has the audacity to lie to my face and claim she never said she would call me. Alas, this was just one of too many lies Sears made to me over the course of this hellish experience. Two weeks later, my reimbursement never appears on my Visa. I called last week to ask what the story was, and they told me that they had just processed it the day before, and should appear within 48 hours. I've been calling them for the past 2 weeks, and I keep getting the same answer saying "oh, the person you spoke with was mistaken because they didn't have the right access in the system - the payment was actually processed yesterday and you'll see it within 48 hours". I still haven't received my money. Is this some kind of sick twisted joke??? This is easily the worst customer service experience I've ever had in my life. I will never set foot in a Sears store again. And I will tell my story to every single person I ever meet to ensure nobody I come across ever sets foot in a Sears store again. I will ensure Sears Canada goes bankrupt. This has now become my life's sole purpose.

Old
02-17-2012, 11:22 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Just bought my dishwasher there a couple of weeks ago.

Never had any problem.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

I'm glad you haven't had issues, but I still think Sears imbibes fat gonad juice. Obviously the experience is fine if you have no issues. The test of good customer service is how a company handles things when issues do arise. For a company that supposedly prides itself on good customer service to drive profitability, their stated strategy appears to be theoretical in nature only. Having worked as a management consultant in the retail industry for years, I know bad customer service when I see it. Their business processes (returns, payment processing, DC-to-customer delivery, customer communications, corporate-to-store communications, etc.) have failed on so many levels, it's laughable. No wonder Sears's profits continue to dwindle as players like Target keep eating away at its market share.

All this to say SEARS SUCKS bro - trust me.

Closed Thread