HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

View Poll Results: Do you like this thread?
Yes 36 42.35%
No 49 57.65%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-17-2012, 06:11 PM
  #451
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO
 
dkdanielkli's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,617
vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Bien sur.
I took it as a "yes" ? (:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTime View Post
I'm in
Added <---------

dkdanielkli is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 07:21 PM
  #452
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank
 
Seth Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
The Pod is alright, but its certainly not the only place in town to go... Its not called "Cowboys" anymore and hasn't been for awhile. It's Club NV. But yeah, stay away from there. And Diggers as well... greasy spots,

Tavern on Main is a pretty decent little pub. Longshots is a beauty sports bar and has good food. Very friendly atmosphere and always runs good sports contests like hockey pools, football pick em's etc... They also have horse betting available there. Delaney's Irish Pub isn't a bad bar either, it's located in the basement of the Keg/hotel building.

Earl's in the summertime has a nice patio where most of the hot girls go... Either there or Moxie's. You're paying for atmosphere mostly there though... Paddy McSwiggin's allows you to see all the new Tap Out Shirts and steroid abusers with jacked up trucks if that's your cup of tea.

Mac Island has a bunch of fun stuff if you're into sports. Simulated golf, curling, hockey rinks and a pretty decent sized pool. There's a driving range out towards Gregoire, and there's a bunch of ball diamonds all over town with many different softball leagues. Miskinaaw golf course is a decent course as well but like most things up here it's fairly expensive.

If you're in to off road quadding, there's a ton of trails all over town and in behind places like Abasand. There's a shooting range outside of town as well...
Yeah forgot about the Tavern on Main, but I haven't been back since 2009. I agree with the trails and such but any city would have that, especially in Alberta. The golf courses are ok but again, you can do that anywhere.

Seth Rollins is online now  
Old
06-17-2012, 07:38 PM
  #453
Galchenyuk94
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
The Pod is alright, but its certainly not the only place in town to go... Its not called "Cowboys" anymore and hasn't been for awhile. It's Club NV. But yeah, stay away from there. And Diggers as well... greasy spots,

Tavern on Main is a pretty decent little pub. Longshots is a beauty sports bar and has good food. Very friendly atmosphere and always runs good sports contests like hockey pools, football pick em's etc... They also have horse betting available there. Delaney's Irish Pub isn't a bad bar either, it's located in the basement of the Keg/hotel building.

Earl's in the summertime has a nice patio where most of the hot girls go... Either there or Moxie's. You're paying for atmosphere mostly there though... Paddy McSwiggin's allows you to see all the new Tap Out Shirts and steroid abusers with jacked up trucks if that's your cup of tea.

Mac Island has a bunch of fun stuff if you're into sports. Simulated golf, curling, hockey rinks and a pretty decent sized pool. There's a driving range out towards Gregoire, and there's a bunch of ball diamonds all over town with many different softball leagues. Miskinaaw golf course is a decent course as well but like most things up here it's fairly expensive.

If you're in to off road quadding, there's a ton of trails all over town and in behind places like Abasand. There's a shooting range outside of town as well...
Awesome post. Thanks for that.

Bolded part made me , then , then . How would you describe showgirls? I really don't know what to expect.

Galchenyuk94 is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 07:48 PM
  #454
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Awesome post. Thanks for that.

Bolded part made me , then , then . How would you describe showgirls? I really don't know what to expect.
I would describe Showgirls as a greasy spot where you can throw change at women's naughty areas with all the other greasy guys (and girls) in town. There's almost more women than men that frequent the spot now. You'll be able to find any type of drug you like there as well.

It's better than Teaser's although that's like saying a heart attack is better than a stroke.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
06-17-2012, 07:51 PM
  #455
Beendair Donedat
Registered User
 
Beendair Donedat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Yeah forgot about the Tavern on Main, but I haven't been back since 2009. I agree with the trails and such but any city would have that, especially in Alberta. The golf courses are ok but again, you can do that anywhere.
The guy is new in town, just figured I'd throw out whatever is out there.

Also there's "Gregoire Lake," which is where most of the town goes boating. It's about 40 minutes outside of town but there is a "beach" there. It's located just outside of Anzac which is down by the Nexen/Long Lake project.

There's a dandy little spot in Anzac called the "Burger Bar," that is well worth the drive. Nice bar, friendly waitresses and really good food.

Beendair Donedat is offline  
Old
06-18-2012, 12:33 AM
  #456
Seth Rollins
Mr Money In The Bank
 
Seth Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo View Post
Awesome post. Thanks for that.

Bolded part made me , then , then . How would you describe showgirls? I really don't know what to expect.
Showgirls is run/owned by Hell's Angels and is in a really ratty old former motel (or was the motel torn down?) across the street from Keyano.


Seth Rollins is online now  
Old
06-22-2012, 03:13 PM
  #457
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
I'm going to miss the Mirror.

Et le But is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 03:32 AM
  #458
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH
 
DDs not undersized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Bangkok
Country: Thailand
Posts: 3,400
vCash: 500
If you guys have time to kill, I've just made 2 news Sporcle quizzes about the Habs. I think you will enjoy it!

Can you name every Montreal Canadiens defensemen since 2000 (NHL)?

Can you name the European players in the Montreal Canadiens history? (there's a few bonus answers in that one...)

You can share your score!!

DDs not undersized is offline  
Old
06-23-2012, 11:19 PM
  #459
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund
 
Lars The GOAT Eller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,279
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1nOB...eature=g-all-u

Lars The GOAT Eller is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 12:46 PM
  #460
JSBach
Registered User
 
JSBach's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,557
vCash: 500
Anybody know where I can get a licensed replica Beliveau jersey online? I was thinking I would just get a blank Habs Reebok customized, but I'm not sure if you can get it with just the number.

JSBach is offline  
Old
06-24-2012, 01:16 PM
  #461
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,070
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Graphic Design Help

Hey Guys!

I need help with Graphic Design

Things like, websites that webdesigners and graphic designers go to, either to see trending colours, concepts and designs for web development.

I would prefer to work with a graphic Designer who could help me on a venture i'm starting.

Ape Clutch is online now  
Old
06-25-2012, 11:00 PM
  #462
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut
 
Galchenyuk27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,300
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27



Galchenyuk27 is offline  
Old
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
  #463
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,033
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
Hey Guys!

I need help with Graphic Design

Things like, websites that webdesigners and graphic designers go to, either to see trending colours, concepts and designs for web development.

I would prefer to work with a graphic Designer who could help me on a venture i'm starting.
I would send a PM to MoenInGlory or Jee

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 01:36 AM
  #464
Canadiens93
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyuk94 View Post
I've only been here for approx. 3 weeks. Any good bars you'd recommend? Which ones to avoid? What kind of fun stuff is there to do here, most of the locals just laugh when I ask them what fun things is there to do around here. Most of them answer the same thing: get drunk.
I've lived here for 15 years now and basically grew up here. Not so bad when you're a local and have a large group of friends still living here to find stuff to do. What brings you here from Montreal, work?

Canadiens93 is offline  
Old
06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
  #465
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!
 
Rscorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Santiago, Chile
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,821
vCash: 500





Rscorpio is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:36 PM
  #466
think_fast22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Season Tickets!!!

After waiting 5 years on the waiting list for season tickets, last week I got a call from the Club Hockey Canadiens informing me I have my own half season this year.

I'm finally in!

For people wondering I was in the 1300's when I first joined the waiting list and I was informed by the rep that there were only 12 half season tickets available this year!

Go Habs Go!!!

think_fast22 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 10:46 PM
  #467
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,368
vCash: 500
congratz!
when have you joined the list?

last season performance helped access to your seasons tickets!

llamateizer is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 11:11 PM
  #468
Habs13
Registered User
 
Habs13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: England
Posts: 5,229
vCash: 500
Congrats

Habs13 is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 11:12 PM
  #469
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,181
vCash: 50
Congratulations...

Hoping I'll get mine one day....

Theosis is offline  
Old
07-02-2012, 11:13 PM
  #470
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
I want season tickets, so putting my name on for the half-season waiting list isn't something I want to do.

Should've signed up years ago, sigh.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 12:27 AM
  #471
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,117
vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Must be an awesome feeling. Congrats and enjoy the games and many Cups you'll see in your lifetime, sir.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 07:31 AM
  #472
psychonaut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,009
vCash: 500
I have been waiting 5 years too. Did you get the whites?

psychonaut is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
  #473
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Congrats,

I guess a lot of people got fed up of this team last year and gave up their tickets

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 08:56 AM
  #474
gunners14henry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,046
vCash: 500
out of curiosity, how much do season tickets cost?

gunners14henry is offline  
Old
07-03-2012, 08:59 AM
  #475
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunners14henry View Post
out of curiosity, how much do season tickets cost?
http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=53021

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.