HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Washington Capitals Prospects Thread

Old
12-29-2011, 09:34 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Yes, thanks for that update. Been a week or so since I last looked around on the Norwegian sites (including Manglerud) so appreciate the info. Link to news on the team site and link to the game stats.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-29-2011 at 10:36 AM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 09:09 PM
sk84fun_dc

As expected, Patrick Wey returned to the BC line-up tonight. He had an assist and an interference penalty in BC's 4-2 loss to Michigan. BC plays Michigan Tech tomorrow.

2 other NCAA Dmen prospects also played today: Haar/WMU (4-2 loss) and Koudys/RPI (7-2 loss).

Brandon Anderson's stats looking better recently with the Boes injury leading to starts. First game post-holiday break was a 26 save win. link

Sam Carrier had a PPA and a crosschecking penalty in a 4-2 loss today against Drummondville.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-29-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old
12-30-2011, 06:50 PM
Funkyalligator

Ah kuzy just does it 3g, 6a to start the tourny....

Funkyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:15 PM
smitty10

Hey guys, just wondering what's up with Steffan Soberg? I can't find stats on him anywhere. I remember hearing that he was coming over to the CHL but haven't heard anything since.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 08:39 PM
breakawaygoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Hey guys, just wondering what's up with Steffan Soberg? I can't find stats on him anywhere. I remember hearing that he was coming over to the CHL but haven't heard anything since.
Soberg went back to Sweden to play.... saw a tweet about him playing a bit earlier, I think he's playing on the SEL at some level.

breakawaygoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2011, 10:19 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post
Soberg went back to Sweden to play.... saw a tweet about him playing a bit earlier, I think he's playing on the SEL at some level.
Norway, not Sweden. Played his first full game tonight, second game.

link

Quick look at NCAA hockey:

Went looking to find out why Greg Burke didn't play for UNH today; not good news and bad timing since he was playing well before the break, but another injury for Burke. link to story

Wey played again today for BC.

Quick glance of the RPI boxscore and it looks like Koudys didn't play; read he had some rough spots in the previous game; also, didn't see Haar's name in WMU's game stats for today.

Nick Larson had Minnesota's first goal in a 5-1 win over Niagara. Boyd didn't play.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 12-30-2011 at 10:43 PM.
Old
01-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-of-the-draft/

Reading that, i had no idea how much of a steal Galiev was in the 3rd round. Lots of people predicted him going under 20.

And it's not like he had a russian factor, he said he was going to stay in America.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2012, 11:39 AM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...-of-the-draft/

Reading that, i had no idea how much of a steal Galiev was in the 3rd round. Lots of people predicted him going under 20.

And it's not like he had a russian factor, he said he was going to stay in America.
Wow... ISS had him ahead of Kuznetsov.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Roughing

So Kuzy was ridiculous against Canada last night...

Roughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 12:15 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Maybe not as up to date but points MoJo is 7th in career scoring so far in his draft class.

Only later pick is O'Reilly who exceeds point total (thought he would be a great pick as well see signature.)

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2009e.html

At 20 and 21 Eakin/Orlov.

01-05-2012, 12:21 AM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
So Kuzy was ridiculous against Canada last night...
Wasn't that good on faceoffs from my viewing but I haven't looked if they kept those stats. Love seeing that assist even clicking off a player as he dipped low on his skates ala Bondra to setup getting around the net. Also though breakaway seeing the bad line change was good to see.

Still feel he's a better RW'er just from my viewing though it is always tough comparing even the WJCs to seeing how a prospect fair in a NHL pro camp at a position.

Really like that russian goalie. Not a caps propsect of course but I wouldn't be surprised if he slips into late in the 1st round.

usiel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
newfr4u

getting a 17 year old goalie in the first round is kinda crazy nowadays. although caps will likely have 2 picks, so maybe.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 09:42 AM
helicecopter

Kuznetsov one goal (game tying goal driving the net) and one (gorgeous) assist today, missed his shootout attempt this time though and Traktor lost 3-2.

Also set up nicely a decent scoring chance in OT, but later kinda wasted an opponent's turnover in the offensive zone, probably holding onto the puck for a play that never opened up.

helicecopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Cush
-inator

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 12:49 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Love those backhand passes by Kuznetsov.

Old
01-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Duke33

I remember when I used to get excited about Caps prospects, esp. the highly touted ones. We've fed several though into the pipeline/varsity team and fizzzzzzzzzzle. Nothing past the second round.

Kuznetsov disappointed in the Final vs. Sweden. Had a great preliminary run then disappeared when it mattered most. Should fit in well with the rest of this bunch.

Duke33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Dr John Carlson
Emotional Boys 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molseed View Post
Kuznetsov disappointed in the Final vs. Sweden. Had a great preliminary run then disappeared when it mattered most. Should fit in well with the rest of this bunch.

Dr John Carlson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
I remember when I used to get excited about Caps prospects, esp. the highly touted ones. We've fed several though into the pipeline/varsity team and fizzzzzzzzzzle. Nothing past the second round.

Um, did you happen to watch the WJC last year?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 01:56 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Um, did you happen to watch the WJC last year?
Last year was last year. Call me jaded or negative but I get little satisfaction anymore on a tournament like that where there's maybe two or three decent teams and the rest roadkill. I put little or no stock that success there will translate to the NHL.

No disrespect intended to the drafting, the prospects or the Caps minor league systems...but I've changed. I used to get excited by the success of prospects, or teams like Hershey, etc...but with all that success hitting a brick wall at the NHL level, it's hard to keep doing that. The Caps have had a parade of highly touted prospects come through that tournament but have nothing to show for it at the only level that really matters. I'll get thrilled when the big club decides to stop underachieving overall and take things a little more seriously.

Old
01-11-2012, 02:01 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Last year was last year. Call me jaded or negative but I get little satisfaction anymore on a tournament like that where there's maybe two or three decent teams and the rest roadkill. I put little or no stock that success there will translate to the NHL.

No disrespect intended to the drafting, the prospects or the Caps minor league systems...but I've changed. I used to get excited by the success of prospects, or teams like Hershey, etc...but with all that success hitting a brick wall at the NHL level, it's hard to keep doing that. The Caps have had a parade of highly touted prospects come through that tournament but have nothing to show for it at the only level that really matters. I'll get thrilled when the big club decides to stop underachieving overall and take things a little more seriously.
You just completely contradicted yourself in this post.

In the previous post, you bashed Kuznetsov for not showing up when it mattered most in the WJCs. In this post, when confronted with an example of Kuznetsov carrying his team when it matters most, you say the WJCs don't matter. Make up your mind.

I really fail to recall this "parade of highly touted prospects" that have come through that tournament and failed at the NHL level. Care to enlighten me?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
Duke33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
You just completely contradicted yourself in this post.

In the previous post, you bashed Kuznetsov for not showing up when it mattered most in the WJCs. In this post, when confronted with an example of Kuznetsov carrying his team when it matters most, you say the WJCs don't matter. Make up your mind.

I really fail to recall this "parade of highly touted prospects" that have come through that tournament and failed at the NHL level. Care to enlighten me?
Great, he had three assists in the final last year. What did he do this year? Coasted. The only reason Russia didn't get blown out of the building was their goalie. But hey, he got the MVP....like I said he'll fit right in. Get an MVP while someone else takes home the actual championship.

Don't play stupid. The Caps are loaded with allegedly high value prospects and many of them (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Johansson, Carlson, Alzner etc) have played in that tournament. It hasn't translated to any kind of success at the NHL level has it? This year it looks like they may not even wait til the playoffs to bomb, considering how badly the team is underachieving overall.

Bah....

Old
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Great, he had three assists in the final last year. What did he do this year? Coasted. The only reason Russia didn't get blown out of the building was their goalie. But hey, he got the MVP....like I said he'll fit right in. Get an MVP while someone else takes home the actual championship.

Don't play stupid. The Caps are loaded with allegedly high value prospects and many of them (Ovechkin, Backstrom, Johansson, Carlson, Alzner etc) have played in that tournament. It hasn't translated to any kind of success at the NHL level has it? This year it looks like they may not even wait til the playoffs to bomb, considering how badly the team is underachieving overall.

Bah....
Either the WJC doesn't matter, and Kuznetsov's obvious failure to step up in it then also doesn't, or the WJC does matter and his performance in it last year also does.

Last edited by HSHS: 01-11-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Liberati0n* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
You must not have watched any of the matches.

He was their best player throughout. There's no way they're even there if not for him.

They don't beat Canada if not for his performance. While they didn't get it done in the finals (which they were gassed for) where he rang the pipe late third, they did accomplish a lot.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2012, 03:41 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Bah....
This was widely known weaker russian squad compared to last year. I believe they only had a couple of returnees so it was a young one. Sounds like the angst is more about the big club performance to date so not sure how that applies to Kuznetsov as a prospect.

Old
01-11-2012, 03:44 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

vCash: 600
He was the ONLY returnee.

Chimaera is offline   Reply With Quote