HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

NHL 11 Dynasty Thread Part 3

Old
07-12-2011, 09:48 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
NHL 11 Dynasty Thread Part 3

Continue here.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 10:16 AM
xFogHorn

Wild Make Big Trade with Ottawa

Backstrom is the main part of the deal as he moves to Ottawa.

To MIN: Ottawa's 1st Round Pick 2012, Ottawa's 2nd Round Pick 2012, G Brian Elliot
To OTT: G Niklas Backstrom, F Petr Kalus

A day after the last game in October, Keegan Beach made his first trade and it was not a small deal either. "We felt that Harding was going to be our goalie for the future. We are confident in his progression and feel him can be a great goalie for us when we go for a championship."

"I am not as shocked about the trade, because I had talks with Beach at the start of the year that I might be moved," said Backstrom to the media after the trade. When questioned if it affected his play, he responded saying "No, I don't think it affected my play at all. I think that the team just wasn't defensively sound the whole game and that is why I think my numbers are like that."

"In return, we get 2 picks that can turn out very good for us. We have a deep draft this year in terms of talent so whoever we pick with those picks we will get someone good for sure," said Beach about the picks received in the trade. "Brian Elliot gives us a back-up for Harding for the season and most likely into the future," responded Beach about Elliot also coming the other way. "We have other players we are considering moving out, but we will wait and see."

Sorry for not posting in a while and yay first post.

xFogHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:14 AM
Mhoogasian94123

Quote:
Originally Posted by xFogHorn View Post
Wild Make Big Trade with Ottawa

Backstrom is the main part of the deal as he moves to Ottawa.

To MIN: Ottawa's 1st Round Pick 2012, Ottawa's 2nd Round Pick 2012, G Brian Elliot
To OTT: G Niklas Backstrom, F Petr Kalus

A day after the last game in October, Keegan Beach made his first trade and it was not a small deal either. "We felt that Harding was going to be our goalie for the future. We are confident in his progression and feel him can be a great goalie for us when we go for a championship."
Nice trade. I love coming to this site and read all the awesome write ups. How is Backstrom in your dynasty mode? He always gets put on the block each and every season. I want to get him but Cam Ward and Fleury are always money for me. I won 3 straight cups with Ward (and a very stacked defensive unit I don't need a lot of offense.) Anyway can you show your lineups? I played with Ottawa and just ran a stacked 1st 2 lines with some solid defensive players. Good luck with your team.
"I am not as shocked about the trade, because I had talks with Beach at the start of the year that I might be moved," said Backstrom to the media after the trade. When questioned if it affected his play, he responded saying "No, I don't think it affected my play at all. I think that the team just wasn't defensively sound the whole game and that is why I think my numbers are like that."

"In return, we get 2 picks that can turn out very good for us. We have a deep draft this year in terms of talent so whoever we pick with those picks we will get someone good for sure," said Beach about the picks received in the trade. "Brian Elliot gives us a back-up for Harding for the season and most likely into the future," responded Beach about Elliot also coming the other way. "We have other players we are considering moving out, but we will wait and see."

Sorry for not posting in a while and yay first post.
Great trade. In my dynasty modes Backs was always on the block or put on waivers. Did you get offered that trade? I love getting upgrades at the net but I never could get an upgrade like that. Good luck!!!!

Mhoogasian94123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Close, but no cigar. You can move these guys to AHL teams from created teams, that part works. But you can't send them back to their own OHL team, as it created duplicate players.

I tried keeping Landeskog with Colorado's AHL club as I started Be A GM Mode, but a glitch happens where the player appears twice on the same roster; one unsigned, the other signed to a one year AHL contract.
Normally, it doesn't create a duplicate player. I'm not telling you to create a team and pick CHL players on your roster from the create screen : I'm telling you to pick CHL players with no future. You could also create 21 players at 36 overall and E potential. Then, on the trade screen, trade one of your 36 overall player for that CHL prospect you want. The prospect is now on your created team, but not on any other team ; There's no duplication as if you would've add it to your team in the create screen. Then, you add it to your AHL roster, as the game would not recognize he's a CHL player, and then you send him back to the juniors. I'm sure it can work. :\

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 12:02 PM
xFogHorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhoogasian94123 View Post
Great trade. In my dynasty modes Backs was always on the block or put on waivers. Did you get offered that trade? I love getting upgrades at the net but I never could get an upgrade like that. Good luck!!!!
Thanks!

He was having a sub-par season (6-6-0, 3.10, .881%).

It is on 2K11 so it might be different with values and such XD. I offered the trade because unless Backstrom saves the season for Ottawa, I could get a top 5 pick .

Old
07-12-2011, 12:49 PM
xFogHorn

Wild Defense Improves Through November

Koivu breaks out in November with 16 points in 11 games.

(13-9-3)

"Our defence was by far better this month," said Mike Yeo during a press conference to announce a trade. "We played solid on the defensive ends of things and it showed throughout the month. We were getting key contributions from everybody and we have become a solid hockey team."

The Wild made two trades. They traded D Greg Zanon to the Sabres for D Steve Montador. Later, they made a bigger trade with LA, moving F Martin Havlat, F Andrew Ebbett and a 4th Round Draft Pick for F Wayne Simmonds and F Oscar Moller.

"We are very proud with what we have done this month. We have improved our defensive game and we made some key trades. There is a lot of hope in the Wild organization as we stand right now," said Keegan Beach during a press conference. "If we continue making smart moves and keep improving as a team, we should be Stanley Cup Champions in no time!"

@Mhoogasian94123: I don't have it with me, but I can probably get a line-up for you in a bit.

Old
07-12-2011, 01:12 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Normally, it doesn't create a duplicate player. I'm not telling you to create a team and pick CHL players on your roster from the create screen : I'm telling you to pick CHL players with no future. You could also create 21 players at 36 overall and E potential. Then, on the trade screen, trade one of your 36 overall player for that CHL prospect you want. The prospect is now on your created team, but not on any other team ; There's no duplication as if you would've add it to your team in the create screen. Then, you add it to your AHL roster, as the game would not recognize he's a CHL player, and then you send him back to the juniors. I'm sure it can work. :\
Ohhh. Now I see.

But it still doesn't work. You can't trade CHL players at all it looks like.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Hartford Whalers – December Report
(23-10-4)

The Whalers concluded 2010 with another great month. However, Labarbera fell down back to Earth while Mike Smith showed more confidence. Stempniak and Morrow continued to play at an elite level, while Benn, benched for 3 games, bounced back. Bad news for the team though going into a new year, as Ray Whitney, who had 12 points so far, will go through a surgery and isn't suppose to come back this year.

December 1st – Hartford Whalers @ Minnesota Wild
HAR 4 – 5 MIN (OT)
Starter : Jason Labarbera

December 4th – Hartford Whalers VS Florida Panthers
HAR 5 – 2 FLA
Starter : Mike Smith

December 5th – Hartford Whalers @ Anaheim Ducks
HAR 2 – 1 ANA

December 9th – Hartford Whalers VS Minnesota Wild
HAR 4 – 5 MIN (OT)

December 10th – Jamie Benn healthy scratched against the Stars
Rick Tocchet announced today that Jamie Benn will not play against the Stars due to his poor performances in the past few games. Since the beginning of the month, Benn only recorded one assist, while having a +/- of -7. This decision probably came up after Benn worst game of the year against the Wild, where he was responsible of 3 of the 5 goals, whose OT goal is part of. Rick Tocchet told the medias that Lauri Korpikoski will replace Benn, but didn't tell us how many games Benn would be benched.

December 11th – Hartford Whalers VS Dallas Stars
HAR 0 – 1 DAL

December 15th – Hartford Whalers @ New Jersey Devils
HAR 4 – 3 NJD

December 16th – Hartford Whalers @ New York Rangers
HAR 2 – 3 NYR

December 17th – Benn back in the lineup ; Whitney injured
After 3 games, Benn is back in the lineup. Tocchet said that he thought he had spent enough games in the stand and think he can start to play like he did at the start of the season. Benn said this punishment will probably be good for him and that it learnt him that he had to play hard every game. He hopes to bounce back from his drought.
On another note, Ray Whitney was injured against the New York Rangers. Apparently, it is a knee injury and it might need surgery. Doctors will inform us in a few days about this.

December 18th – Hartford Whalers @ New York Islanders
Jamie Benn couldn't do much better for his return, scoring one quick goal 27 seconds into the game and recording an assist on the GWG. This game was an offensive feast were both Ottosson and Stempniak netted a pair. At the end of the first period, a sad incident happened when Trent Hunter hitted Hanzal from behind in a corner. Luckily, Hanzal didn't suffer any injury and Hunter was immediately expulsed. 4 goals were scored in the first only, and 5 in the third ; 4 of them for the Whalers, who easily won the game. Ottosson was named 1st star.
HAR 7 – 4 NYI

December 20th – Hartford Whalers @ Pittsburgh Penguins
HAR 4 – 1 PIT

December 21st – Whitney won't play anymore this season
Whalers announced today what many expected. Ray Whitney, who suffered a torn ACL during a game on December 16th, will need to go through surgery and is expected to miss up to 6 months. Korpikoski is set to replace him in the lineup.

December 23rd – Hartford Whalers @ San Jose Sharks
HAR 4 – 3 SAN (OT)

December 26th – Hartford Whalers @ Dallas Stars
HAR 1 – 2 DAL

December 28th – Hartford Whalers VS Anaheim Ducks
HAR 7 – 2 ANA

December 29th – Hartford Whalers VS Los Angeles Kings
HAR 1 – 5 LAK

December 31st – Hartford Whalers @ St. Louis Blues
HAR 3 – 2 STL

Team Leaders
Goals : L. Stempniak (20), B. Morrow (17), P. Prucha (12)
Assists : B. Morrow (24), J. Benn (21), M. Rozsival (20)
Hits : B. Morrow (102), D. Morris (100), R. Klesla (92)
+/- : B. Morrow (+19), M. Hanzal (+18), L. Stempniak (+13)

League Leaders
Goals : D. Sedin (VAN – 23), S. Gagné (LAK – 20), L. Stempniak (HAR - 20)
Assists : M. St. Louis (TAM – 31), K. Foster (ANA – 30), M. Ryder (DAL - 30)
Points : S. Gagné (LAK – 44), M. Ryder (DAL – 44), D. Sedin (VAN - 43)
Save% : T. Vokoun (WSH – 92.81%), N. Backstrom (MIN – 92.80%), R. Luongo (VAN – 92.38%)
GAA : T. Vokoun (WSH – 2.19), N. Backstrom (MIN – 2.25), R. Luongo (VAN – 2.32)
Wins : T. Vokoun (WSH – 23), R. Luongo (VAN – 23), H. Lundqvist (NYR - 21)

Western Conference Standings
1. Vancouver – 52
2. Hartford – 50
3. Columbus – 45
4. Minnesota – 48
5. Los Angeles – 47
6. Dallas – 44
7. Chicago – 38
8. Nashville – 37
9. Colorado – 37
10. San Jose – 37
11. Detroit – 36
12. Anaheim – 35
13. St. Louis – 33
14. Calgary – 31
15. Edmonton - 29

Eastern Conference Standings
1. Washington – 55
2. NY Rangers – 51
3. Ottawa – 48
4. Tampa Bay – 45
5. Carolina – 41
6. Montréal – 40
7. Boston – 40
8. Philadelphia – 39
9. Toronto – 39
10. Florida – 34
11. NY Islanders – 34
12. Pittsburgh – 34
13. Buffalo – 33
14. Winnipeg – 31
15. New Jersey - 29

Old
07-12-2011, 04:08 PM
eXplosivecamel

January Report
26-20-3

With the blockbuster trade of Stephen Weiss, Panthers forwards knew they were going to have to pick up the slack, and they have. David Booth and Scottie Upshall have seemed to have found some chemistry, with Upshall being the set up man and Booth the finisher. Panthers management has taken note of this and should be keeping the two together for a long time.

The offense that has been being produced has moved the Panthers up to the 7th spot in the Eastern Conference, with a four point lead over 8th place Carolina. The offense hasn't been the only thing propelling the team up the standings, the goaltending has also been a plus for the Panthers, allowing just under 2.5 goals per game through January. The 1A/1B tandem of Theodore of Greiss have been putting up good numbers to help the Panthers win games.

--

Game Reports

Jan 2 vs NY Rangers
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Lundqvist (NYR)
Final Score: 1-0 Florida in OT

Jan 3 @ Carolina
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Ward (CAR)
Final Score: 3-2 Carolina in OT

Jan 5 vs Atlanta
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Pavelec (ATL)
Final Score: 7-0 Atlanta

Jan 7 vs Carolina
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Ward (CAR)
Final Score: 3-2 Florida

Jan 8 @ Washington
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Vokoun (WSH)
Final Score: 3-2 Florida

Jan 11 vs Washington
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Vokoun (WSH)
Final Score: 3-2 Washington

Jan 13 vs Nashville
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Rinne (NSH)
Final Score: 5-2 Nashville

Jan 15 vs New Jersey
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Brodeur (NJ)
Final Score: 3-2 New Jersey

Jan 17 vs Atlanta
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Pavelec (ATL)
Final Score: 4-3 Florida

Jan 19 vs Columbus
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Mason (CBJ)
Final Score: 3-2 Florida in OT

Jan 21 vs Tampa Bay
Starting Goaltenders: Theodore (FLA) / Roloson (TB)
Final Score: 2-1 Florida

Jan 23 @ New Jersey
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Brodeur (NJ)
Final Score: 3-1 Florida

Jan 25 @ NY Rangers
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Lundqvist (NYR)
Final Score: 3-2 New York

Jan 26 @ Boston
Starting Goaltenders: Greiss (FLA) / Thomas (BOS)
Final Score: 2-1 Boston

--

All Star Teams
Final Score: 8-6 East

Eastern Conference All Stars
Ovechkin - Crosby - Jagr
Kovalchuk - Stamkos - Kessel
Booth - E. Staal - Pominville
Malone - Skinner - Gionta

Green - Chara
M. Staal - Z. Michalek
Karlsson - Gonchar

Thomas
DiPietro

Western Conference All Stars
Heatley - Marleau - Perry
Ryan - Kesler - Hejduk
Morrow - Sharp - Stewart
Gagne - Gagner - Doan

Lidstrom - Weber
Giordano - Beauchemin
Tyutin - Ballard

Luongo
Quick

--

Panthers Stats
(After 49 Games)

Goal Leaders
1. David Booth (22)
2. Kris Versteeg (17)
3. Scottie Upshall (11)
4. Steve Bernier (11)
5. Sergei Samsonov (10)

Assist Leaders
1. Scottie Upshall (29)
2. David Booth (26)
3. Tomas Fleischmann (24)
4. Ed Jovanovski (22)
5. Kris Versteeg (17)

Point Leaders
1. David Booth (48)
2. Scottie Upshall (40)
3. Kris Versteeg (34)
4. Tomas Fleischmann (31)
5. Marcel Goc (25)

Goaltenders
Theodore: 12-11, 2.59GAA, .913SV%, 2SO
Greiss: 9-6, 2.20GAA, .922SV%, 1SO

--

Panthers Roster

Booth (82) - Fleischmann (82) - Upshall (80)
Versteeg (81) - Backlund (76) - Bernier (80)
Samsonov (80) - Goc (79) - Kopecky (81)
Bergenheim (79) - Carter (76) - Bradley (79)
* Bitz (78), Matthias (75)

Jovanovski (83) - Campbell (81)
Staios (81) - Kulikov (80)
Garrison (77) - Weaver (76)
* Sulzer (74)

--

Feb 1 @ Toronto
Feb 2 @ Montreal
Feb 4 @ New Jersey
Feb 8 vs St. Louis
Feb 10 vs Buffalo
Feb 13 vs San Jose
Feb 16 vs Philadelphia
Feb 18 vs Detroit
Feb 19 @ Tampa Bay
Feb 21 @ NY Islanders
Feb 23 @ Ottawa
Feb 25 @ Atlanta
Feb 27 vs New Jersey

Team progress will be reported every month. Stay tuned.

eXplosivecamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 05:49 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

vCash: 425
Oh yeah

Pumped about the new thread. The other one was getting...large. I'm going to play expect an update later. If not tommorow.

iFishyHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

The St. Louis Blues Ink Jonathan Cheechoo To One Year Deal

St. Louis is giving Jonathan Cheechoo a chance to get back in the NHL by signing him to a one year deal.

The Blues have made an unexpected move today, signing forward Jonathan Cheechoo to a one year, two-way contract today.

``The season has started and Cheech gets a contract, it's surprising really. Didn't expect for that to happen.`` Blues coach Davis Payne said.

``This isn't something Doug talked to me about at all. So I will talk to him and then to Jonathan and we'll decide on what we will do. Perron is hinting ever so close to getting back into the line up and this move is a curious one for sure. I'm excited to see how it'll work out.``

Cheechoo, the former 56 goal scorer will join a very deep Blues roster and will have to fight hard for him to get back into the game.

``I might have to go to the AHL, I signed a two-way deal. I know it's in the realm of possibility. But I'm going to do what I can to get myself back into the NHL. I've worked hard this off-season and I feel like I'm in the best shape of my career. It's on me to prove that I belong and it's up to the coaches and Doug to decide where I got from here.``

Perron could very well be back in the next two weeks, which is good news for the Blues as the season is moving on, a mid-November return is expected for the Blues forward.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2011, 08:06 PM
eXplosivecamel

February Report
(29-29-4)

The Panthers have found that consistency is key to making the playoffs, and having a dismal February, Florida has dropped all the way to 14th in the East. All of this due to lack of scoring and lazy play. The Panthers only had three wins in their 13 games in February, and only won them by one goal in each game. If the Panthers are looking to break the playoff drought in Sunrise, this is not the way to do it.

--

Panthers Stats
(Through 62 Games)

Goals
1. David Booth (27)
2. Kris Versteeg (19)
3. Scottie Upshall (14)
4. Steve Bernier (13)
5. Sergei Samsonov (11)

Assists
1. Scottie Upshall (31)
2. Tomas Fleischmann (27)
3. David Booth (27)
4. Ed Jovanovski (24)
5. Dmitry Kulikov (21)

2. Scottie Upshall (45)
3. Kris Versteeg (40)
4. Tomas Fleischmann (35)
5. Brian Campbell (28)

Goaltenders
Theodore: 14-15, 2.63GAA, .915SV%, 2SO
Greiss: 10-12, 2.96GAA, .908SV%, 1SO

--

Panthers Roster

Booth (82) - Backlund (76) - Upshall (80)
Samsonov (80) - Fleischmann (82) - Kopecky (81)
Versteeg (81) - Goc (79) - Bernier (80)
Bergenheim (79) - Carter (76) - Bradley (79)
* Bitz (78), Matthias (75)

Jovanovski (83) - Campbell (81)
Staios (81) - Kulikov (80)
Garrison (77) - Weaver (76)
* Sulzer (74)

--

The trade deadline report will be released on March 1st following deadline day with a full recap on the day's happenings. Expect the Panthers to be sellers, looking to clear salary and trade for draft picks. Watch for top teams such as the Canucks, Penguins, Bruins, and Kings to be looking to pick up an extra piece for a playoff run.

The March and April report will be released together due to there being few games in April. Following that, there will be an offseason report released separately, which will include awards, retirements, the playoffs, the draft, and free agency. Stay tuned.

Last edited by eXplosivecamel: 07-27-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Old
07-12-2011, 08:08 PM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Pittsburgh Penguins 2010-2011 December Report

(11-12-3)
The Pittsburgh Penguins have gotten on a never ending rollacoaster that is, streaks. They have been up and down all season. Goaltending has been a problem also with goal scoring though defense has been fine. Crosby has been fine yet Comrie playing with Malkin has been on track. Crosby's first line has been working greatly. With Crosby in the early goal race. And just to twist things up with draft trades. Trying to go up obviously.Let's look at the Penguins lines going into December. Although nothing has changed.

Neal(PWF 83)-Crosby(C SNP 96)-Kovalev(PLY 82)
Kunitz(TWF 82)-Malkin(PLY 92)-Comrie(SNP 81)
Sullivan(PLY 82)-Staal(TWF 85)-Dupuis(TWF 80)
Cooke(GRN 79)-Kennedy(TWF 81)-Letestu(TWF 79)

Michalek(DFD 84)-Letang(TWD 85)
Martin(TWD 82)-Orpik(DFD 83)
Niskanen(TWD 80)-Valabik(DFD 80)

Fluery(BUT 89)
Johnson(HYB 78)

Bylsma on the trade deadline

Reporter" Can you tell us whom is on your trade block or trade away list,sir."
Bylsma" Denfenseman Brooks Orpik and Forward Alex Kovalev. Kovalev is great, but ageing."
Reporter" Thanks"
Bylsma" Thank you."

Eastern Confrence Standings

Caronlina Hurricanes 36 PTS
New York Rangers 33 PTS
Ottawa Senstors 32 PTS
Montreal Canadeins 31 PTS
Philedelphia Flyers 30 PTS
Buffalo Sabres 29 PTS
New Jersey Devils 28 PTS
Florida Panthers 25 PTS
Atlanta Thrashers 25 PTS
Pittsburgh Penguins 25 PTS
Boston Bruins 22 PTS
Washington Capitals
Tampa Bay Lightning 20 PTS
New York Islanders 19 PTS
Toronto Maple Leafs 21 PTS

NHL Leaders

Goals:

Havlat: 18
Jokinen: 16
Gaborik: 15
Crosby: 14
Kane: 12

Assists:

Iginla: 24
Seabrook: 24
Jagr: 22
Malkin: 19
Frolov: 18

Jagr: 31
Iginla: 29
Crosby: 29
Kane: 28
Perron 27

Wins:

Ward: 17
Lundqvist: 14
Kipprusof: 14
Turco: 13
Brzscalov 13

Wrap-Up

Bye. Please comment.

Last edited by iFishyHD: 07-13-2011 at 06:08 AM.
Old
07-12-2011, 09:38 PM
eXplosivecamel

Trade Deadline Report

12:00pm
RUMOR: Carolina is shopping Tim Brent
RUMOR: Phoenix is shopping Viktor Tikhonov
TRADE: (COL/PIT) Colorado aquires Pittsburgh's 1st round pick in 2011, Ryan Craig, and Eric Godard. Pittsburgh aquires Ryan Stoa and Jonas Holos.

1:00pm
RUMOR: Ottawa is shopping Pascal Leclaire
TRADE: (BUF/CAR) Buffalo aquires Oskar Osala and Jonathan Matsumoto. Carolina aquires Cody McCormick, Colin Stuart, and Derek Whitmore.
TRADE: (EDM/NYI) Edmonton aquires New York's 1st round pick in 2011. New York aquires Taylor Chorney.
TRADE: (LA/OTT) Los Angeles aquires Milan Michalek. Ottawa aquires Colin Fraser and Kevin Westgarth.

2:00pm
RUMOR: San Jose is shopping Torrey Mitchell
RUMOR: The Islanders are shopping Frans Nielsen
RUMOR: Florida is shopping Tomas Kopecky
TRADE: (TBL/OTT) Tampa Bay aquires Marek Svatos. Ottawa aquires Brett Clark.

3:00pm
TRADE: (FLA/LA) Florida aquires Los Angeles 4th round pick in 2011. Los Angeles aquires Sergei Samsonov.
TRADE: (SJ/CGY) San Jose aquires Curtis Glencross, Joni Ortio, and Raitis Ivanans. Calgary aquires Kyle Wellwood and Torrey Mitchell.
TRADE: (PHI/BOS) Philadelphia aquires Adam McQuaid. Boston aquires Andreas Nodl.
TRADE: (CGY/PIT) Calgary aquires Steve Wagner. Pittsburgh aquires Calgary's 3rd round pick in 2012.
TRADE: (BUF/NYR) Buffalo aquires New York's 1st round pick in 2011, Todd White, and Erik Christensen. New York aquires Jordan Leopold, Mike Weber, and Patrick Kaleta.

--

General manager Dale Tallon was asked on his only move that he made during the deadline. "I made the move for the future of the club. Receiving a draft pick in the deal is why I made the move. Sergei (Samsonov) was a valuable piece to our team, and he was well respected by everyone on the team. I felt moving him to the Kings would be an ideal destination due to their need for wingers, and they were looking to add pieces for a deep playoff run. I wish Sergei nothing but the best with his new team. With this move, the Panthers have called up Evgeny Dadonov to replace Samsonov on the 3rd line.

Old
07-12-2011, 11:42 PM
BLBarmada

Do you guys mind if I post my EHM dynasty here ?

BLBarmada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
Do you guys mind if I post my EHM dynasty here ?
We don't mind. It could always be interesting. I think, to be honest, that the thread should be named "NHL Video Games Dynasty thread".

Old
07-13-2011, 06:07 AM
iFishyHD
Beauner Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
We don't mind. It could always be interesting. I think, to be honest, that the thread should be named "NHL Video Games Dynasty thread".
Yeah, I don't mind pretty much the same thing some diffrences, but it's O.K. Except don't agree on the thread idea. It would be to confusing and cramped.

Old
07-13-2011, 06:57 AM
mjd

Quick Summary of the Crosby and Ovechkin Capitols:

Awards of 2010-11-

Cup- Washington Capitals
Calder Cup- Tampa Bay
POW-Washington Capitals
Clearance Campbell-Anahiem Ducks
Presidents- Washingon Capitols (55-24-4)
Art Ross-Sidney Crosby-132 (WSH)
Hart- Sidney Crosby (WSH)
James Norris-Mike Green (26-68-94) (WSH)
Lady Byng-Sidney Crosby- (132 pts, 23 PIM) (WSH)

Calder-Alexander Burmistrov-(35-44-79) *Made captain at beginning of season at 18!!!!! (WPG)
Vezina-Niklas Backstrom 42-24 [6 SO] (MINN)
William Jennings-Niklas Backstrom (MINN)
Conn Smyth-Sidney Crosby-(17-27-44) (WSH)
Bill Masterton-Evgeni Malkin (87 pts in 65 gms) (PIT)
Ted Lindsey-Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)
Frank J Selke-Jordan Stall (PIT)
+/- Award- Sidney Crosby (WSH)
Jack Adams-Matt Mallory (WSH)
Rocket Richard-Alex Ovechkin (60) (WSH)

2011-12 Playoffs:

Washington entered the playoffs 2nd overall in the East against Ottawa Senator, Washington easily beat the Senators out in timely fashion 4-0 for a 1st round sweep.

Second Round bought Steven Stamkos's Tampa Bay Lighting, with the recent retirement of Martin St Louis tey were hungry to celebrate the era with a Stanley Cup, but they would be denied of that very soon as the Capitals eliminated the Tampa Bay Lighting 4-0 to improve their record 8-0.

Thrid round brought the the hungry Winnipeg Jets, who had been in the league for almost 3 years, they wanted to start the franchise off early with a Cup win or atleast a couple of playoff wins for their first playoff appearance, but they too were denied as the Capitals eliminated the Jets 4 games to 2. Improving their record 12-2.

In the final round brought the Calgary Flames, insteed of an exciting Stanley Cup Final, the capitals made very quik work of the Flames-eliminating them to 4-0 to win the 2nd back to back Stanley Cup.

Awards:

Cup- Washington Capitals
Calder Cup- Carolina
POW-Washington Capitals
Clearance Campbell-Calgary Flames
Presidents- Boston Bruins (60-22-0)
Art Ross-Alex Ovechkin-131 (WSH)
Hart- Sidney Crosby (WSH)
James Norris-Mike Green (22-70-92) (WSH)
Lady Byng-Sidney Crosby- (127 pts, 14 PIM) (WSH)

Calder-Adam Larsson-(8-53-61) (WSH)
Vezina-Martin Broduer 32-44 (12 SO)
William Jennings-Martin Broduer (NJ)
Conn Smyth-Sidney Crosby-(19-20-39) (WSH)
Bill Masterton-Alexander Burmistrov (AT)
Ted Lindsey-Alexander Ovechkin (WSH)
Frank J Selke- Jarome Iginla
+/- Award- Alexander Burmistrov (AT)
Jack Adams-Matt Mallory (WSH)
Rocket Richard-Sidney Crosby (63) (WSH)

mjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 07:31 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

David Perron Is Set To Return To The Blues Lineup

David Perron is ready to return after a year on the injured reserve with post-concussion syndrome.

``It's been a very difficult past year.`` David Perron said in an interview after the Blues morning pre-game skate.

``I love being at the rink, the hardest thing for me was being away from the game. Being away from the team. Not the headaches, or the dizziness you get from PCS, but being away from the game I love. That was the most difficult part. Yet I knew that I had to buck up and wait it out. I had to heal before I came back, and now that I'm fully healed, and back in game shape, I'm excited to get back into the line up.``

The Blues are 15 games into the season and hold a 7-8-0 record.

The Blues have currently lost Andy McDonald to injury, a sprained wrist will hold Andy out of the line up for the next week or two. Meanwhile, Perron will take McDonald's spot in the line up on the top line with David Backes and Matt D'Agostini.

The Blues are currently on a three game winning streak and will look to continue that win streak against the Winnipeg Jets.

``Losing Andy hurts, but gaining Perry back in the line up will do wonders for the club.`` team captain, David Backes told reporters in an interview.

``He's got so much skill and we've missed what he can do on the ice. He's an amazingly skillful forward and very underrated defensively. Getting him back is going to really help our club right ourselves in the standings. We've struggled to find the right chemistry together but now we're really starting to get it and you can see it in our play and our winning streak we are on right now.``

Backes leads the Blues in goals with nine in the first 15 games, meanwhile, Nikita Nikitin leads the club in assists with 10 in the first 15.

St. Louis currently sits in the 11th spot in the Western Conference, just three points back of the eight placed Calgary Flames.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 09:59 AM
zTheWalkingDead

All fantastic reads, I have thoroughly enjoyed following all of your franchises! I havent posted in a while since I've been busy with work and other things I got going on. Expect an update today or tomorrow.

zTheWalkingDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2011, 12:30 PM
BLBarmada

Dominic Giroux named GM of the Montreal Juniors !

In a somewhat surprising move Dominic Giroux has been named the GM of the Montreal Juniors.
He is charged with the task if rebuilding the team on the fly and trying to make the playoffs while he's at it.The Juniors are a bottom feeder team in the Q ever since Pascal Vincent mortgaged their future in an unsuccessful playoff run.The team lacking a true identity has some solid pieces to make the playoffs, the team will be young and theres holes in the lineup, it should be and exciting
year once the roster is finalized.

P.s. My write ups are on an iPod so I can't make them A's good A's yours.

Last edited by BLBarmada: 07-13-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old
07-13-2011, 01:07 PM
BLBarmada

Juniors Sign Zack Phillips, Pierre Durepos and Guillame Asselin.

The Juniors have also traded their 2013 4th and 10th round pick to Quebec in exchange for Adam Erne.

The Juniors also acquired Jared McCann and the rights to Czech Petr Sidlik.

The Juniors search for a head coach continues but here's what Dominic Giroux had to say about the moves he made:

Zack is a great center an he got lost in the whole only 3 20 year olds rule, we feel that he can help our team this year an he can help our young players progress and we expect Zack to be our #1 center.

Pierre is a good D who brings memorial cup experience with him, we think that him and Xavier Ouellet can be our top pairing.

Guillame was Part of the Leblanc trade a few years back, he had 38 goals last year in chicoutimi and we think 40 is reasonable this year.

Adam Erne is someone who we can build our future around and we think he will be a great player in this league.

Old
07-13-2011, 01:52 PM
eXplosivecamel

March & April Report
(38-36-8)

The Panthers have fallen short of the playoffs, again, finishing with a 38-36-8 record for 11th in the Eastern Conference. For the 11th straight season, fans in Sunrise will not see their team in post-season hockey. This was a disappointment to both the fans, and management, who both were looking for the team's first playoff berth since the 1999-2000 season.

"We definitely improved from last year, that's for sure. The team tried hard all year, but we didn't try hard enough. The punishment for that is missing the playoffs yet again, and a long offseason to think about what we did wrong. Hopefully the team comes back next year and tries just a little bit harder." -Coach Kevin Dineen on the teams failure to make the playoffs.

The Panthers also suffered some untimely injuries during March, causing them to lose some key players during a time where they were looking to make a push for the playoffs. Mikael Backlund, Dmitry Kulikov, Tomas Fleischmann, and Matt Bradley all went down with injuries during the month, putting holes in the lineup that were just too hard to fill.

"It obviously hurt our team, there's no question there. Injuries can affect any team's spot in the standings in a second, but when it's a team like the Panthers when they are just a couple points out of the playoffs, it really hurts the team and causes them to lose out on valuable points that could of put them in to the post-season." -GM Dale Tallon.

Another problem that seemed to hurt the Panthers hopes was their defense. The defense looked as if they didn't want to play by the end of the season, like nothing was left in the tank. This caused goalies Jose Theodore and Thomas Greiss to have to do everything themselves, and of course the defense needs to help out the goalies whatever chances they have. Allowing more chances created more goals against the Panthers, which eventually loses games. Expect GM Dale Tallon to address the defense during the offseason and perhaps he might look to upgrade the position.

--

Panthers Final Statistics

Skaters
David Booth: 35-37-72
Scottie Upshall: 23-36-59
Kris Versteeg: 22-23-45
Brian Campbell: 10-32-42
Tomas Fleischmann: 9-29-38
Ed Jovanovski: 5-33-38
Dmitry Kulikov: 5-29-34
Byron Bitz: 11-19-30
Marcel Goc: 10-20-30
Steve Bernier: 16-13-29
Mikael Backlund: 6-20-26
Sean Bergenheim: 12-12-24
Jason Garrison: 2-16-18
Shawn Matthias: 9-9-18
Alexander Sulzer: 2-15-17
Steve Staios: 5-12-17
Tomas Kopecky: 6-11-17
Ryan Carter: 9-6-15
Matt Bradley: 9-5-14
Mike Weaver: 2-9-11
Evgeny Dadonov: 3-4-7

Goaltenders
Jose Theodore: 20-21, 2.73GAA, .914SV%, 3SO
Thomas Greiss: 13-17, 3.02GAA, .906SV%, 2SO

--

Playoffs Recap

Eastern Conference
(Quarterfinals)

1. Pittsburgh (4)
8. Carolina (1)

2. Boston (3)
7. Philadelphia (4)

3. Washington (1)
6. Buffalo (4)

4. NY Rangers (4)
5. NY Islanders (2)

Western Conference
(Quarterfinals)

1. Vancouver (3)
8. Columbus (4)

2. Dallas (4)
7. Phoenix (2)

3. Nashville (2)
6. Anaheim (4)

4. Los Angeles (4)
5. Calgary (2)

Eastern Conference
(Semi-Finals)

1. Pittsburgh (4)
7. Philadelphia (3)

4. NY Rangers (4)
6. Buffalo (2)

Western Conference
(Semi-Finals)

2. Dallas (3)
8. Columbus (4)

4. Los Angeles (4)
6. Anaheim (1)

Eastern Conference
(Conference Finals)

1. Pittsburgh (4)
4. NY Rangers(1)

Western Conference
(Conference Finals)

4. Los Angeles (4)
8. Columbus (2)

Stanley Cup Finals

1. Pittsburgh (4)
4. Los Angeles (3)

--

NHL Awards
Stanley Cup: Pittsburgh Penguins
President's Trophy: Vancouver Canucks
Clarence S. Campbell Bowl: Los Angeles Kings
Prince of Wales Trophy: Pittsburgh Penguins
Art Ross Trophy: Ilya Kovalchuk
Hart Memorial Trophy: Ryan Miller
James Norris Memorial Trophy: Kris Letang
Lady Byng Trophy: Martin St. Louis
Calder Memorial Trophy: Jeff Skinner
Conn Smyth Trophy: Marc-Andre Fleury
Vezina Trophy: Ryan Miller
William M. Jennings Trophy: Tim Thomas & Tuukka Rask
Bill Masterton Trophy: Dennis Seidenberg
Franke J. Selke Trophy: Claude Giroux
Ted Lindsay Award: Sidney Crosby
Maurice Richard Trophy: Ilya Kovalchuk

--

With the season now complete, the Panthers now look towards the draft and free agency. Stay tuned.

Old
07-13-2011, 03:03 PM
BLBarmada

Montreal juniors season preview

Expect a long and difficult season in Montrel A's the juniors enter the 1st year of a rebuild. There's a few big name players on this team that will be traded at Christmas time, Juniors fans will have a reason to watch this team night in and night out A's they rebuild. The key offensive players this year will be Zack Phillips and Guillame Asselin, they will carry the offense till midseason when it's expected that both will be traded. Xavier Ouellet and Pierre Durepos will be the leaders or this hear D crop which will be even younger by seasons end.

Etienne Marcoux will carry the load in nets for the forseeable future as the juniors don't have a goalie of the future, Pierre Appleby is the backup and will likely get 10 starts.

Players to watch:

Zack Phillips ( the teams best player should have a good year playing alongside a finnisher like Asselin he should get 100 points.)

Guillame Asselin ( 40 isn't out of the question)

Adam Erne (highly touted prospect in his second year he will be expected to put up some good numbers)

The Pei Rocket and Halifax Mooseheads are expected to go head to head for the Presidents cup.

Old
07-13-2011, 03:36 PM
eXplosivecamel

Offseason Report

With yet another season of no playoffs, the Florida Panthers are looking to re-tool their roster in order to make it in to the post-season. With fans and management pressuring the team after their season, the Panthers are hoping to make the right moves after falling short again.

--

Retirements

Skaters
Marc Recchi (BOS)
Rob Niedermayer (BUF)
Mike Modano (DET)
Nicklas Lidstrom (DET)
Jason Strudwick (EDM)
Brent Sopel (MTL)
Chris Drury (NYR)
Ian Laperriere (PHI)

Goalies
Marty Turco (CHI)
John Grahame (COL)
Chris Osgood (DET)
Johan Hedberg (NJ)
Dwayne Roloson (TBL)

--

Panthers Draft Recap

1st Round
None

2nd Round
35th Overall - Tomas Jurco, RW (QMJHL - Saint John)
38th Overall - Boone Jenner, C (OHL - Oshawa)

3rd Round
68th Overall - David Musil, D (WHL - Vancouver)
71st Overall - Shane McColgan, RW (WHL - Kelowna)
83rd Overall - Benjamin Conz, G (Swiss - Langnau)
84th Overall - Alex MacDonald, D (QMJHL - Rimouski)
86th Overall - Niclas Burstrom, D (Elite - Skelleftea)

4th Round
98th Overall - Petri Pettinen, RW (SM Liiga - Kalpa)
109th Overall - Daniel Erlich, RW (OHL - London)

5th Round
136th Overall - Matthew Brown, LW (QMJHL - Quebec)

6th Round
158th Overall - Marc-Olivier Brouillard, LW (QMJHL - Drummondville)

7th Round
188th Overall - Zack Mitchell, RW (OHL - Guelph)

--

Resignings/Leaving

Resigned (UFA)
Ed Jovanovski - 1 year @ 4.25M
Tomas Fleischmann - 4 years @ 2.08M
Scottie Upshall - 3 years @ 1.75M
Jose Theodore - 2 years @ 1.6M
Sean Bergenheim - 1 year @ 950K
Marcel Goc - 3 years @ 900K
Matt Bradley - 3 years @ 900K
Byron Bitz - 2 years @ 725K
Ryan Carter - 2 year @ 625K

Qualified (RFA)
Shawn Matthias
Michael Repik
Jack Skille
Thomas Greiss
Tyler Plante
T.J. Fast
Mike Duco
Tim Kennedy
Mike Santorelli
Kendal McCardle
Michael Caruso

Leaving (Unsigned)
Tomas Kopecky
Steve Bernier
Alexander Sulzer
Bill Thomas
Clay Wilson
Triston Grant
Hugh Jessiman
Carl Hudson
Jordan Knackstedt
Brady Calla
A.J. Jenks

--

Free Agency

Salary Cap: $60,900M
Cap Floor: $44,900M
Spent: $35,115M
Space: $25,785M

UFA Signings
Kevin Bieksa - 5 years @ 3M
Chris Campoli - 2 years @ 2.15M
Jason Arnott - 1 year @ 1.5M
Robert Nilsson - 1 year @ 1M
Craig Rivet - 1 year @ 800K
Todd Bertuzzi - 1 year @ 650K
David Koci - 2 years @ 550K

Offer Sheets
Sent an offer sheet to Toronto for Clarke MacArthur - 2 years @ 2.75M (Matched)
Received an offer sheet from Tampa Bay for Shawn Matthias - 1 year @ 895K (Matched)
Received an offer sheet from Nashville for Jack Skille - 2 years @ 1.1M (Matched)

Trades/Other Moves
Traded Mike Weaver to Montreal for Montreal's 6th Round Pick in 2012
Signed Erik Gudbranson to Entry Level Contract - 3 years @ 850K

After Signings
Spent: $41,665M
Space: $19,235M

--

Panthers training camp report will be released at the end of September. Included will be final rosters, and expert predictions and analysis on all 30 teams. Stay tuned.