HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Left Buffalo, best way to watch the games

Old
09-10-2011, 08:24 PM
fiend540

vCash: 500
Left Buffalo, best way to watch the games

New to the forum, been lurking for awhile but just never had anything to post until now. Like many of you, the wife and I left our hometown in Buffalo this past summer and now we live in Denver (and loving it btw). My only issue is now figuring out the best way to watch the Sabres. I know a lot of the time you can find a decent stream online but I am looking for something a little more reliable. I pretty much figured gamecenter would be my only choice but then I found out about Hockeystreams.com and for like 1/3 of the price it seems it will suit my needs and provide me with some nicer features like being able to watch games after they happen instead of only being able to watch them live. So does anyone have experience with either of these two options, or is there something else I am missing? Thanks in advance guys, now that racing season is wrapping up I am in full on hockey mode, can't wait for the season to start!

fiend540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrock View Post
Denver has a pizzeria that shows all the Sabres games, and has beer:

http://www.lucianospizzaandwings.com/

The bar that hosts the Bills games also has them:

http://www.lodosbarandgrill.com/
Thread: Fans outside Buffalo - help find Sabres bars (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=378284)

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

This topic is of interest to me too.

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 08:52 PM
fiend540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Thread: Fans outside Buffalo - help find Sabres bars (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=378284)
Eh, I like watching games on my couch so that thread doesn't really work for me.

fiend540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 09:21 PM
sko

Hey fiend, I myself live in Denver and theres quite a few Sabres fans around here. Check us out:

http://coloradobills.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=29

sko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

There is this guy who does Sabres stream for every game on justin.tv... I can't remember his name for the life of me though.

nvm his name is BSN360 he has a twitter which will tell you which justin.tv account to watch(he gets banned)

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

if you don't mind my asking.... ordering center ice through your tv provider isn't an option for you?

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 10:51 AM
chi777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McDermott View Post
if you don't mind my asking.... ordering center ice through your tv provider isn't an option for you?
Because Center Ice is expensive and has too many blackout rules. All the nationaly televised games would be blacked out.

This hockeystreams looks pretty good. I never heard of it and have no idea if it's legal or not. I'd hate to pay and see it shut down in the middle of the season.

chi777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:08 AM
dire wolf
be cool

None of the Sabres games were blacked out on CI last year -- and I guarantee it's cheaper than watching games in a bar!

dire wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi777 View Post
Because Center Ice is expensive and has too many blackout rules. All the nationaly televised games would be blacked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
None of the Sabres games were blacked out on CI last year -- and I guarantee it's cheaper than watching games in a bar!
Ditto that - for a fan living in Denver, the only Sabre game on MSG that would be blacked out is if they play the Avalanche (which then Altitude sports would show the home feed). The national telecasts are still available through basic cable/SATV packages.

As for the cost, I look at this way: the $172 annual cost split by 82 games amounts to $2.09 per game. Maybe it's cheaper to watch games on the computer but I don't have a monitor as large as my TV, nor do I want to sit at a computer desk for 3 hours. I don't know how long streamed games are available after the fact but with the Center Ice package, I know I can DVR any game and watch it whenever I want to if I can't see it live.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
NHL Center Ice Package - Plus you get NHL Network too!

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 02:45 PM
SilverNitro23

Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I want to ask a similar question.

Is there a way to watch Sabres games at home in Rochester when all I have is basic cable? My roommates does not want to upgrade the cable package and I can't afford the increased cost all my myself. I though about Center Ice, but realized that it'd be blacked out, so that's one less customer for them. (I'd have split the monthly cost with a friend here who is from Vancouver.)

Is there a way to get the MSG channel on basic cable, like pay for just that channel? Or is there a reliable high quality stream online that I can watch?

I know I can go to bars and such, but as a college students, I know I can't go to bars 82 times over the season.

Any suggestion on what I can do to watch games from my home?

SilverNitro23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 02:53 PM
Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverNitro23 View Post
Sorry if I'm hijacking the thread, but I want to ask a similar question.

Is there a way to watch Sabres games at home in Rochester when all I have is basic cable? My roommates does not want to upgrade the cable package and I can't afford the increased cost all my myself. I though about Center Ice, but realized that it'd be blacked out, so that's one less customer for them. (I'd have split the monthly cost with a friend here who is from Vancouver.)

Is there a way to get the MSG channel on basic cable, like pay for just that channel? Or is there a reliable high quality stream online that I can watch?

I know I can go to bars and such, but as a college students, I know I can't go to bars 82 times over the season.

Any suggestion on what I can do to watch games from my home?

There are online streams of a less than legal nature for pretty much every game.

Rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
bflohockeygirl
homesick sabres fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
I think that depends on where you live. There were a few games we weren't able to get at all here. We are midway between Boston & New York, and our location screws up our ability to get the games that are technically "in market" for us. We get NESN in our cable package, but we are considered "in market" for the Rangers, not the Bruins. We don't get MSG here, though, and so when the Sabres play the Rangers we can't get it locally but it is also blacked out on CI.

Of course, that's specific to our location & who knows whether it will be a problem this year. I do wish they'd get their **** together with their blackout rules, though...

Study hard. Be evil.
bflohockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2011, 03:00 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I'm getting gamecenter, seems like the best bet, and people tell me it outputs to TV well.

sba is online now   Reply With Quote